Author Topic: 2 piece bar trend over yet??  (Read 24522 times)

random-dude

Re: 2 piece bar trend over yet??
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2009, 12:13:20 AM »

I dunno what pro has the prettiest bike right now in flat that rides a street frame?

Only one I've heard of is James Smith.  He rides for WTP but isn't on their pro team.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 12:15:19 AM by random-dude »

Offline Adam DiClaudio/Austin Flat Crew

• Hitchhiker
  • setup, switch, setup, switch, 3.14, 3.14...
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2009, 12:21:03 AM »
2 piece street style bars are good for:

A. having a really high crossbar to make it a little easier to step over.

B. getting your knees banged up on bar tubes sticking out from the stem in an outward direction rather than upward. (while your loving plastic man combos)

C. giving your arthritis an extra jump start for future years of your life. (While typing push together the insides of your wrists and keep typing)

D. confusing the street riders at contests when they mistakenly pick up the wrong bike.

E. looking a little more like the Genre of BMX riders who are doing well in exposure. (If we don't have alien looking flatland bars maybe we'll look more...well... not like aliens)

Just being silly... I'm sure it will fade away when some big name rider switches it up again.
Adam D Yall!

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »
Everyone should switch to 2 piece now and get rid of the old trendy bars.

I'll help things out a bit...I'll buy a pair of Chase bars (hardly used, I'm sure) off of anyone wanting to go to 2 piece, since everyone knows you need 2 piece to do the latest tricks.

OKAY?

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2009, 02:34:25 AM »
I never said it was bad or anything, I just think it's funny that once pros started running 2 piece bars everyone fell in line and the two piece bar set ups started popping up again. Just an odd coink-e-dink.

I agree with you in this one  :rolleyes:

You do realize that I ran those before matthias, raph, or the vast majority of the dudes running them now right, and that I put them on my bike last winter and the trend started over the summer until now... Right?

LIE! Matthias had 2 piece bars before you. Then you got them...with the same light blue girps  :rolleyes:

TJ Perry

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2009, 03:08:02 AM »
LIE! Matthias had 2 piece bars before you. Then you got them...with the same light blue girps  :rolleyes:

What? The first time I saw him on two piece bars was around the time of that matthias and adam 1.5 video, which came out at the end of summer I believe. You're literally like the last person on earth who should be making the accusation that I somehow copy that dude.

SFV_BOY

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2009, 03:23:36 AM »

What? The first time I saw him on two piece bars was around the time of that matthias and adam 1.5 video, which came out at the end of summer I believe. You're literally like the last person on earth who should be making the accusation that I somehow copy that dude.

not taking sides or anything but matthias did have his 2-piece bars be4 that... he was rockin em on his blue slim fit proto...

but i think this topics kinda dumb.... sooo peace! ima go ride!

Offline jazzman

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2009, 03:29:34 AM »

I tried street bars for awhile... first off, they look stupid with a high seatpost, and for me the sweep was too much!  The ares bars look fun, or even the fly bars... but I love the bars I am riding and will continue riding them!

I think there was a picture of Matt D riding his bike with street bars because I am sure his chase bars had broken... IDK?
I think from observing this forum, TJ did have street trendy bars before the trend was hip.  But I really do not care... it is a bike.

:beer:
"This thread is hilarious. "-TJ Perry
"I feel the same about your political opinion as I do about your d!ck. I'm glad you have it, I'm glad you're so very proud of it..but I do not want to hear about it, compare it to mine, or see you wave it around.

After all, everyone believes their own is perfect anyway."

TJ Perry

« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2009, 03:33:03 AM »
not taking sides or anything but matthias did have his 2-piece bars be4 that... he was rockin em on his blue slim fit proto...

If that's the case than it's news to me. I couldn't get the Chase bars through the shop I order parts at so I got those easterns on closeout since they didn't have much sweep compared to most street bars and were 8 inches high.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2009, 03:38:57 AM »

but i think this topics kinda dumb.... sooo peace! ima go ride!

You mean this?  :rolleyes:

TJ Perry

« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2009, 03:45:17 AM »

You mean this?  :rolleyes:

Like I said, I hadn't seen him running 2 piece bars until later in the summer. Everything else was those OG bars, the chase bars, or those weird ABT bars he and Uuchie rode.

I wasn't riding like him. I wasn't doing his tricks. I wasn't riding even a remotely similar set up aside from the seat which I cut for trying whiplashes, and the bars which I had no idea that he was running. If you're going to call me a clone then you should just come right out and say it, because I have about 4 years worth of video footage to back myself up with where as you have a very expensive unridden bike with little to no wear on it.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2009, 03:51:11 AM »
Yeah, whatever. You said you hadn't seen that bike...that's pretty much unbelievable considering that you have almost 4000 posts on this site. Give up dude, you did copy him.

TJ Perry

« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2009, 03:54:52 AM »
Yeah, whatever. You said you hadn't seen that bike...that's pretty much unbelievable considering that you have almost 4000 posts on this site. Give up dude, you did copy him.

I hadn't. I have no reason or desire to copy him. Unlike you, I don't have to make myself feel better with new parts to make up for my lack of tricks on a bike. I actually go ride and progress.

I can sling sh*t all day with you old man and at the end of the day all you'll have is your pretty spotless bike and no tricks and I'll have my tricks and the confidence in knowing I didn't need to buy my way into getting them.

moose

« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2009, 04:19:15 AM »
knowing I didn't need to buy my way into getting them.
:huh:  you can do this????   that's way easier than practicing :rolleyes:

TJ Perry

« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2009, 04:20:55 AM »
:huh:  you can do this????   that's way easier than practicing :rolleyes:

Well quite a few people on here seem to think so.

katobmx

« Reply #74 on: December 27, 2009, 04:49:38 AM »
TJ your builds really made me like the KunFu  :mellow:. you guys are like little kids though. TJ aren't you in your 20 Luis in his 30's  ^_^. It's the internet you dont have to explain yourself hahahaha