Author Topic: 2 piece bar trend over yet??  (Read 24530 times)

TJ Perry

Re: 2 piece bar trend over yet??
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »
I never said it was bad or anything, I just think it's funny that once pros started running 2 piece bars everyone fell in line and the two piece bar set ups started popping up again. Just an odd coink-e-dink.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »
I don't think it's a coincidence either.  If people want to run 2 pieces, then that's cool with me.

I just don't understand why you'd want to, unless it's just a price/availability thing, and I'm pretty sure the "pros" aren't doing it for this reason.

4 piece bars stay our of the way of knees a lot easier than 2 piece.  The wide bottoms of 2 pieces really do get in the way a lot of times.

Maybe it's that people don't want street/ramp/dirt riders to look at them funny, and figure it's easier to do with a straight tube bike and 2 piece bars. :lol

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »
Furbalz post

Yup those are the ones. Well done. They rode quite well indeed.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2009, 09:15:54 PM »
I had a pair that I got on closeout because I really didn't like how my OG bars felt or looked for that matter. I only ran them a short while before I switched over to Chase bars.

Most people are running 2 piece because a few pros (matthias and raph spring to mind) started running them. I refuse to believe everyone just migrated over to the bar section of dans comp at the same damn time on a whim.

i had too many bars, including some of the most pimpish multipiece ones. but none of these bars have ever given me the same feeling as the 2-piece dragonfly daytonas. I wish they made a new lighter version of them. my motives are pure.

katobmx

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2009, 09:25:57 PM »
I never said it was bad or anything, I just think it's funny that once pros started running 2 piece bars everyone fell in line and the two piece bar set ups started popping up again. Just an odd coink-e-dink.
yah i dont think u meant any harm.  Your one of the people that started riding 2-pc bars not too long ago  ^_^. i wish i had some change to buy some 2-pc bars myself.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2009, 09:38:31 PM »

I agree with you in this one  :rolleyes:

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
For what its worth the Kunfu pics are almost if not a year old, i own that white wheel now and have had it for..man 7/8 months now.

I say run what you want. Some builds just scream throw some 2 pieces on, while some just want to find out if they like sweep or type of flavor there sweep should be. Sure the pro's rock 2 piece bars and what not...But maybe thats more so on a level of " look..were gonna do it on the basic of the basic of looking equipment. Get the vision out there to these kids that it is possible to practice,learn, and build a good base of tricks...WITHOUT having the most baller FLATLAND SPECIFIC bike in the world." It bothers me..that..It bothers you guys what someone else rides, or there logic behind why they ride it. If you likem rockem..If not..dont. Ive said it before and ill say it again..who gives a f*ck.

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »
If you likem rockem..If not..dont. Ive said it before and ill say it again..who gives a f*ck.

Yep  :beer:

katobmx

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
. Get the vision out there to these kids that it is possible to practice,learn, and build a good base of tricks...WITHOUT having the most baller FLATLAND SPECIFIC bike in the world."
Most people with the most baller bikes are people with money ima kid and broke hahaha. Moat people that are frame whorin etc have real jobs and therefore have the money to do so, and I'm not knockin them. But, I do understand that the Post your bikes thread is a huge deterant for newbies that are rollin aroound on a next or mongoose.

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
Should be an initiative to get out..Get your job/hussle on. I had "baller" status bikes when i was young..through lots of hard work and dedication to MY "sport." Younguns..Your the ones with all the time on your hands, but it is up to YOU to make the best..of your time.

TJ Perry

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2009, 11:09:54 PM »

I agree with you in this one  :rolleyes:

You do realize that I ran those before matthias, raph, or the vast majority of the dudes running them now right, and that I put them on my bike last winter and the trend started over the summer until now... Right?

Like I said, go back to buying the latest and greatest, kind of like how when everyone else started doing it, you traded in your shiny new Chase bars for what you're running now... which I'm sure will change at the first sign of shifting fashions.

edit: Ah yes pot calling the kettle black haha

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:45:04 PM by 2FLAT2FURIOUS »

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »

I agree with you in this one  :rolleyes:

Ooooooh, you got TJ good.  He probably had no idea that he ran 2 piece bars until you pointed it out.  Kudos.

random-dude

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2009, 11:48:14 PM »
So...

what you guys are saying is that by choosing to ride flat on a full on street ride with straight tubes and big barz I'm actually being trendy?

TJ Perry

« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2009, 11:49:48 PM »
So...

what you guys are saying is that by choosing to ride flat on a full on street ride with straight tubes and big barz I'm actually being trendy?

I dunno what pro has the prettiest bike right now in flat that rides a street frame?

Offline flem

• Hitchhiker
  • back on bike
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2009, 12:12:41 AM »

If you likem rockem..If not..dont. Ive said it before and ill say it again..who gives a f*ck.

+10