Author Topic: 2 piece bar trend over yet??  (Read 24523 times)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: 2 piece bar trend over yet??
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 04:27:10 PM »
I rode Redline Forklifter's as my 1st name brand bars and kneesavers's after that "bitd".

I just hate the look of big street bars, and I was thinkin about the Mattias thing but didn't want to throw it out there even though I believe that's why lots of people on here are buying them.

I do wish that modern kneesaver designs had better backsweep options. I like the Chase bars
but I'm leary of the upsweep, and when dropping big $$$ you really want to feel confident about the purchase.

You mean, these are ugly?  I think there fully functional.

"A puppet no more!"

g-man

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 04:34:06 PM »
Most of us here buy specific frames that have lots of built in clearance,, it just doesn't make sense to me to throw on big bulky in the way bars.

I like those kind of bars on street bikes, but it makes no sense(to me) to put them on a metro or a R.I.P etc.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:37:24 PM by g-man »

g-man

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 04:39:55 PM »
all i have to say about this topic is : im gonna get me 2pc bars (custom made with specs. i want) just cause i like the way they look. and i love to ride a bmx bike not some strange thing wich looks like  some sort of bmx, but its all bended and sh*t.
4 piece bars have been ridden since the early/mid 80's, so they have a legitimate place in bmx

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 05:07:49 PM »
I have been running the same pair of Poverty 2pc Bars since 2004. I got them @ the time because they had sweep and were 19.95 !
That Joe miller

Offline Paris13

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2009, 05:54:57 PM »
I ride 2 piece bars because i'm tired to bent all my  low crossbar flatland specific bars. Street bars are cheaper, stronger, higher, low weight and they have more option of sweep. Sound perfect for me...

Offline jerr6

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 07:16:02 PM »
isnt everything trendy at one piont?

katobmx

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 07:22:50 PM »
isnt everything trendy at one piont?
+1

Offline laughingmonkey

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 08:51:01 PM »
I posted about this about a month ago and I got slammed for calling it a trend. I came to the same conclusion that Matthias and some other pros have something to do with it.
Right now, I've gotten back into sweep on bars.  I started with KGB electros then Quamen Q bars, both with no sweep.  I couldn't deal with the wrist cramps. Then I got caramel 3's which felt amazing.  I didn't plan on changing them, but I found a used set of custom brickhouse bars with 5 degrees back and 3 upsweep that I had to try. I think I finally found the perfect bars for me. 
-------            --------
         \         /
           ------
           \___/

----  .__o
----- _-\_<,
---  (*)/'(*)

katobmx

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
I think the real question is why does flatland need 8-pc bars etc. Speaking of  Matthias look at the switches he and Micheal Sommer do on the front wheel with some street bars too me that just throw the whole "you need more room " idea out the window. why pay double the money for bars that have similiar geometry to street bars when you can't even utilize the flatland design in your riding. See thats the problem we don't need all these gimicky bendy parts to do the tricks we do especially people below the pro level.

Offline laughingmonkey

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
where can one buy the sepy bars?
-------            --------
         \         /
           ------
           \___/

----  .__o
----- _-\_<,
---  (*)/'(*)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 09:17:51 PM »
Some of my bikes have 2 pc and some are 4 pc. I like both for diff reasons.Tod ,was right though,all we used to have was 2 pc,then Redline and Haro came along.Kato,I agree with 1/2 of your post too. ;D
Ride what ya like,forget all this "trend" crap ,do what you want.IT'S FREESTYLE!!!!

katobmx

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 09:23:26 PM »
Some of my bikes have 2 pc and some are 4 pc. I like both for diff reasons.Tod ,was right though,all we used to have was 2 pc,then Redline and Haro came along.Kato,I agree with 1/2 of your post too. ;D
Ride what ya like,forget all this "trend" crap ,do what you want.IT'S FREESTYLE!!!!
1/2 haha OOH OOH which half  ;D

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 09:26:20 PM »
I think the real question is why does flatland need 8-pc bars etc. Speaking of  Matthias look at the switches he and Micheal Sommer do on the front wheel with some street bars too me that just throw the whole "you need more room " idea out the window. why pay double the money for bars that have similiar geometry to street bars when you can't even utilize the flatland design in your riding.
this part actually ;D

katobmx

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
thanks  :mellow:

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2009, 09:58:47 PM »
well i think what the deal is is, sure pretty much anything can be done on taller/less roomy street bars, but it is much easier to do with bars with more clearance, such as 8 piece bars. if your pro like sommer or those others guys, you dont need the extra room, but for noobs like me it really helps  :mellow:
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland