Author Topic: 2 piece bar trend over yet??  (Read 24518 times)

g-man

2 piece bar trend over yet??
« on: December 25, 2009, 04:49:52 AM »
 I'm going to get flamed for this,, but I really hate looking at these on flat bikes(2 piece street style). I know function before fashion blah blah.

Are people using them because they don't have the sweep options they would like to try out?
If that's the case, why aren't there more sweep options on flat designed bars.
The options are pretty much similar at F.F. for flat bars, 2up 2back,zero,3.5up3.5back blah blah.

I'm just bitter because I want 2up 5 back MTF T4's and not have to shell out the extra 30$ :P

TJ Perry

Re: 2 piece bar trend over yet??
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 06:17:12 AM »
I had a pair that I got on closeout because I really didn't like how my OG bars felt or looked for that matter. I only ran them a short while before I switched over to Chase bars.

Most people are running 2 piece because a few pros (matthias and raph spring to mind) started running them. I refuse to believe everyone just migrated over to the bar section of dans comp at the same damn time on a whim.

Offline fxbrgflat

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 08:02:08 AM »
I agree with TJ. Trend whores are following whats done by a few because they dont know how to have their own style. I have run street style 2pc bars for flat before , but only because its what I was used to having. I like my OG bars by the way TJ , thanks again

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 10:25:31 AM »
nah man, If I could of got hold a pair of Ronin Big E's then I would of rocked those, however no chance!
What else do you do...buy some overpriced, weak, wacky "flatland" bars...nah fook that!
Nothing feels better than a nice set of big juicy 2pc bars.
I dunno, they feel just there! Plus you can bunnyhop better with them.
 :rolleyes:
Flat-ism

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2009, 10:28:11 AM »
To me all street bars are identicle clones. Ugly clones. They could make them like Suelo butt bars but with street specs and have decent looking bars. Sure the width, height, upsweep and backsweep are whats important, but is it impossible to make them like Suelo bars or St Martin angel bars with the same specs? They may update the retro design in 15 years or so.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 01:08:20 PM by Paradoxium »

TJ Perry

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2009, 10:55:55 AM »
Street bars are abundant, cheap, strong, tall, wide.  Its only been like a few months that the under 8" bars have pased out

It's been well over a year (the chase bars started popping up in europe this last summer, and the KGB's and other brands have been out even longer) and people have the option of buying a set of flat bars in 8 inch, and yet just now we're seeing the rush to the street style bars? Where were they when the only thing to ride taller were the KGB bars?

There are some dudes who have ridden two piece for as long as I can remember (PMA! stands out) so I don't think it really applies to them, yet I find it really funny that many dudes rocking Chase bars because they were the hip thing when they came out have now moved onto the two piece thing.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
Well, back in my day...there were only 2 piece bars...before Forklifters.  So, if I was running 2 piece bars before Matthias and Raph were born, do I still get labeled a "trend whore"?   :P :rolleyes:

Silly topic.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline fxbrgflat

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2009, 01:57:07 PM »
Well, back in my day...there were only 2 piece bars...before Forklifters.  So, if I was running 2 piece bars before Matthias and Raph were born, do I still get labeled a "trend whore"?   :P :rolleyes:

Silly topic.

@ tod :  it wasnt meant towards the older members of the  generation that didnt have options
and even stick to the old school set ups. i too learned and rode with 2 pc bars for a long time on a 21" frame. i moved on to mulit pc bars because of the function offered by  the lower cross bars.  im sure you remember the introduction of the original grave yard bars, and gt 4pc bars too.

im mainly refrring to new riders that assume a part is going to make them ride better because a few of the big name riders run them , sure it may make a few things easier or make for a better ride , but they arent doing it for the functionality ,only the fashion.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »

Silly topic.

@ tod :  it wasnt meant towards the older members of the  generation that didnt have options
and even stick to the old school set ups. i too learned and rode with 2 pc bars for a long time on a 21" frame. i moved on to mulit pc bars because of the function offered by  the lower cross bars.  im sure you remember the introduction of the original grave yard bars, and gt 4pc bars too.

im mainly refrring to new riders that assume a part is going to make them ride better because a few of the big name riders run them , sure it may make a few things easier or make for a better ride , but they arent doing it for the functionality ,only the fashion.

I here you man, I was just being silly myself. 

I myself, am riding the Inertia bars...so not trendy.  They were cheap, and I like that low crossbar and the fact that they are decently wide.  Pretty good bars I think, but they aren't flying off the shelves.

I just say this is a silly topic, because it seems to me that a lot of people are more concerned with what other people are doing all the time.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline fxbrgflat

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 02:17:30 PM »
i think its something were all guilty of at one time or another. in all honesty i miss 2pc bars because of the fact they are generally under $90 and pretty much sold everywhere , if anyone made a good strong (im learning all over again so i can be pretty hard on stuff) 2pc with a pretty low cross bar  under a $100 id ride them if they were in the right size. but until then im on the multiple pc

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2009, 02:29:08 PM »

Silly topic.

I hear ya man.  I used to rock those old GT perfomer and Dyno bars way back in the 1900's.

I need to come down to A town and ride with yall.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2009, 02:44:27 PM »
I used to dream about having these Woody Itson bars.

Offline fxbrgflat

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »
if they made these at say 8.25" high and 26-27" wide and 6* bs  minus the wrapping cross bar they'd be perfect. love the height of that cross bar

g-man

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
 I rode Redline Forklifter's as my 1st name brand bars and kneesavers's after that "bitd".

I just hate the look of big street bars, and I was thinkin about the Mattias thing but didn't want to throw it out there even though I believe that's why lots of people on here are buying them.

I do wish that modern kneesaver designs had better backsweep options. I like the Chase bars
but I'm leary of the upsweep, and when dropping big $$$ you really want to feel confident about the purchase.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 03:37:34 PM by g-man »

Offline mare

• GF Inhabitant
  • tmp®
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2009, 04:07:47 PM »
all i have to say about this topic is : im gonna get me 2pc bars (custom made with specs. i want) just cause i like the way they look. and i love to ride a bmx bike not some strange thing wich looks like  some sort of bmx, but its all bended and sh*t.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:10:26 PM by mare »