Author Topic: New DK proto flat frame.  (Read 20082 times)

TGK

Re: New DK proto flat frame.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »
Dayton(Ohio) Kids or Dam Kids. 

Never really got a answer on this one (and I have wondered for (what) the past 10years?-lol)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 01:31:38 AM »
Sick. This is perfect.

Offline laughingmonkey

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 08:01:37 AM »
Just re-create the stowler without the curved bottom tube and you have a top seller!
-------            --------
         \         /
           ------
           \___/

----  .__o
----- _-\_<,
---  (*)/'(*)

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
Right now we have:

- SickChild's Instrumental;
- Zion's LowKee;
- Quamen's Cyphr;
- Quamen's Bowls;
- St. Martin's Diamond;
- Mankind's Alive;
- S&M LTF;
- Flybikes Suelo Simple;
- Blackeye's Killorado;

Taking all things into account, what do those frames do not have that riders would like to see in another frame?

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »
what happened to the dk transmitter flat frame that dane and aaron bhenke used to ride??
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 05:16:05 PM by leeroy002 »

Offline Scuffy

• Backpacker
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 05:26:42 PM »
are the frames made in the usa or china? the last i heard, dk (dad and kids right?) shifted their manufacturing to china from taiwan...just curious

Yep they are made in china....just looked at the area of the seat tube that is welded to the BB and it says in very tiny lettering "Made In China"....really I am a fan of american made but just don't have the money to buy american made anymore.I can tell you that the welds look beautiful...not that that really means anything as far as their structural integrity sometime pretty welds fail while ugly welds hold up and vice versa.
Losers always whine about their best,winners go home and f*ck the prom queen!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 09:40:17 PM »
Right now we have:

- SickChild's Instrumental;
- Zion's LowKee;
- Quamen's Cyphr;
- Quamen's Bowls;
- St. Martin's Diamond;
- Mankind's Alive;
- S&M LTF;
- Flybikes Suelo Simple;
- Blackeye's Killorado;

Taking all things into account, what do those frames do not have that riders would like to see in another frame?

19 inches with a low top tube, flatland geo, and actually strong enough for street? None of these are a combination of that. S&M isn't low enough, the Bowls and the Killorado are not 19 inches, and I wouldn't touch street with any of the others except maybe a little on the Sickchild, but all the rest of those are sketchy once you get off the ground.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 09:42:06 PM by Rad255 »

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 11:31:20 PM »
Bowls 2 is 19,2" / 13.5". If that still doesn't make the cut then yeah, we need yet another frame.

The reason I am asking this is because I get the feeling that things in Flatland aren't taken through a rigorous process of planning and proper "engineering".

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 11:53:57 PM »
Yea I mean that would be the next frame I would get if I currently had to pick from the ones out now. That .2 means a lot to people. But unfortunately the Bowls suffers from a high top tube as well.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009, 01:09:48 AM »
I thought it was "Dirt King".

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 02:07:18 AM »
Hitman's frame has a decently low top tube, is 19in TT and 13.5in CS and is strong enough for street.  I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

TJ Perry

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009, 03:40:41 AM »
Yea I mean that would be the next frame I would get if I currently had to pick from the ones out now. That .2 means a lot to people. But unfortunately the Bowls suffers from a high top tube as well.

It really doesn't. I was afraid it was going to be too high, but its really a reasonable height. I like it a lot right where it is.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2009, 03:57:43 AM »

It really doesn't. I was afraid it was going to be too high, but its really a reasonable height. I like it a lot right where it is.

agreed, bowls frame is perfect! I have last years version with the added DT clearance.
 Plus having a mid height standover aka TT height gives the seatpost more support and keeps the frame stiff.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2009, 05:13:07 AM »

The current Bowls? Nice. That'd be my choice then.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2009, 07:17:18 AM »
If the current Bowls TT height is the same as the Bowls 2, then it isn't high at all... perfect frame that works as both a "hardcore" flatland frame while still feeling comfortable for cruising around.