Author Topic: Standard Bykes back in the flat game?!?.....  (Read 34883 times)

moose

Re: Standard Bykes back in the flat game?!?.....
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2009, 12:02:57 AM »
I agree with the above but I'd really like the chainstays to be at least 13.25. Anything smaller is just cramped and uncomfortable.

I also do not think paul should be given a single part as long as he stays underground and out of sight. There are too many good riders deserving of help for a company to be flowing things to someone who won't even make a public appearance out of fear of someone else "stealing" his tricks. He can do what he wants, but I don't think he should be rewarded for shunning the rest of the sport.
+1   i'd like the rear end to be 13.5 slammed and no shorty drop outs

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #136 on: December 29, 2009, 12:50:31 AM »
If it werent for the super tiny dropouts... Adjustabillity from 12.75 to 13.5 etc would be of no factor. Loved my OG KGB Psychopower for its abillity to basicly be stretched from short 13 to almost 14...

g-man

« Reply #137 on: December 30, 2009, 05:34:14 AM »
Chainstays:
12.8-13" Tires max 1.95

Top and down tube:
Should be out the way. Bend tubes are better then crossed for strenght.

Seattube around 73°

Weight between 1.6-2 kg= 3.5-4.1

No offence, but I really hope this isn't part of the end result. It reads like a St.Martin spec. sheet.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 05:43:41 AM by g-man »

g-man

« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2010, 03:02:59 PM »
Any updates on this???
Rick chime in man,, keep us updated!

Offline janorki

• Funky Chicken
  • Homeboy #60
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2010, 04:28:37 AM »
Rick - If you read this... just make a modern bike w/ all the suggestions here.  Make sure you put that little brace tube by the headset to repruh-sent the old trick stars. You will call this model the 'Rick Star', and it will come in limited edition colors(to match the Hutch flavors). You will use the old hutch-style lettering.Then all of us old timers will take a 2nd (3rd?) mortgage on the house to collect each one  ;D

I'm sure you will flow me the 1st pink one, since it was my idea and all :ph34r:.
Bringing jive lofting back!

g-man

« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2010, 04:33:41 AM »
Rick - If you read this... just make a modern bike w/ all the suggestions here.  Make sure you put that little brace tube by the headset to repruh-sent the old trick stars. You will call this model the 'Rick Star', and it will come in limited edition colors(to match the Hutch flavors). You will use the old hutch-style lettering.Then all of us old timers will take a 2nd (3rd?) mortgage on the house to collect each one  ;D

I'm sure you will flow me the 1st pink one, since it was my idea and all :ph34r:.
Wow!

TROLL,,,, I called it LOL

Offline janorki

• Funky Chicken
  • Homeboy #60
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2010, 04:36:41 AM »
awwww man...OK, I probably deserve that, but you gotta admit the 'Rick Star' is kinda catchy.

g-man

« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2010, 04:38:07 AM »
Rick rep'ed that frame as well as any other Hutch Pro rider

T "Rick" Star is cool as as as as Ice :ph34r:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:39:55 AM by g-man »

Offline janorki

• Funky Chicken
  • Homeboy #60
« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2010, 04:45:20 AM »

That's what I'm sayin'. Of course candy apple red should be the first color released. Gotta educate the kiddies on the '87 style.

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2010, 08:55:17 AM »

:beer:

g-man

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2010, 09:05:57 AM »
Until this is put to rest, I will keep bumping

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2010, 12:25:33 AM »
Yeah this ridiculous! Haha But really what's going on with this?
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2010, 12:56:37 AM »
But really I have always liked the strong pierced TT on the rear. This is coming from someone who has cracked a couple rear junctions. Combine this with stress relieving gussets on the front triangle and you've got a legendary frame. 
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2010, 01:10:55 AM »
Rick, if you're reading this, completely disregard any and all requests of Tao's and Shamans. Please.

Don't remake that OX tao either. Do a straight no frills frame in two lengths, 18.8 and 19.2, 12.75-13.5 in the back or something along those lines. Keep the weight to a little under or around 4.5 lbs, and don't make the top tube too high. All straight tubes, and make sure the clearance is good in the back and under the downtube. Get flatlanders to test it. Get people who test it who you are confident will tell you whether or not it flat out sucks or not because if you don't have people like that, you won't know whether or not flatlanders will like it. That's kind of a no brainer, but it seems like most companies are not doing this so I figured I'd say something.

Flatland has changed A LOT since the 90's and most people do not want another Tao unless it's to make their bikes look good on bmxmuseum or something. The design should be pragmatic, but also cater to a new generation of riders. It doesn't have to be trendy to be functional, but it doesn't have to be a rehash of an old design to be functional either.

Also, find a flatlander who actually gets some decent exposure on a regular basis, and send him a frame. Do not give another frame to Paul Osika unless it's just a friendly gesture between bros because he's not doing your company any good on the marketing front by hiding away somewhere.

LOL ,in other words build the frame that TJ wants and let him test it out.At least he will be honest with the verdict. :mellow:

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

g-man

« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2010, 01:44:13 AM »
Rick should. The experts and masters and intermediates are where its at in my eyes. These are the guys buying the parts and dealing with the issues.

Pros are pros and they get the flo's, but the rest of the classes pay out their asses
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:11:22 AM by g-man »