Author Topic: Standard Bykes back in the flat game?!?.....  (Read 34705 times)

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Standard Bykes back in the flat game?!?.....
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 04:50:09 AM »
let me know when your quamen goes for sale   ;D
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

TJ Perry

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 06:49:36 AM »
I don't really think Rick needs our input,he's a Flat rider as well. He's been in this game as long as ANYBODY on here. Standard has never built a sub Quality or sub Functional Frame OR part. So ,all I'll add to this is,Keep up all the Great work you have been doin all this time and Crank out somemore FREESTYLE frames ,you build them,we will buy them.

BTW,Rick, YOU'RE THE FUKIN' MAN !!!!!!!

He's not a flat rider. He doesn't ride flatland like I do, or like most of us do. That's not taking anything away from him or his riding, but he just simply isn't doing the same things that we're doing to my knowledge. If he is than I'm wrong and I stand corrected, but I don't think that's the case.

TGK

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 07:17:49 AM »
" SNOOP: Also a bit lower standover height then the LTF/LAF, as these two statements are my only complaints of the S&M..Best bike ive owned to date other then that"

Maybe look towards a Hitman frame.  Both are almost identical except for the hitman frame I am riding is about a 1/8" lower in the top tube section. If Rick could impliment this , and another 1/8" lower, it would be the perfect frame.  =)

Offline welfaresoldierbt

• Forkglider
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 04:18:49 PM »

14mm. Less flex, better freecoaster performance.
Steal dropout design with built-in tensioners from Sunday! I've been riding the 2nd wave frame. They work perfectly.
Even those crappy Geisha lites work. Grind all day, forward rope all night.
Whenever there is a freecoaster debate, people insist they work better with a super tight chain, but there are very few frame options with good built-in tensioners, very few chain tensioners that work well with pegs and the super small dropouts of today's frames.

Offline seba

• Backpacker
  • Flatero naci!!! - Flatero muero!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 06:18:44 PM »
Mr. Rick  custom frames will be awesome! we need more pegs please! but a bit longer. :wacko: :beer:

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 06:49:44 PM »
slightky of topic im buying a subrosa dtt frame for street but has a double toptube and 20tt ....just some 1 mentioned about a double tt earler in the post

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »
Rick, if you're reading this, completely disregard any and all requests of Tao's and Shamans. Please.

Don't remake that OX tao either. Do a straight no frills frame in two lengths, 18.8 and 19.2, 12.75-13.5 in the back or something along those lines. Keep the weight to a little under or around 4.5 lbs, and don't make the top tube too high. All straight tubes, and make sure the clearance is good in the back and under the downtube. Get flatlanders to test it. Get people who test it who you are confident will tell you whether or not it flat out sucks or not because if you don't have people like that, you won't know whether or not flatlanders will like it. That's kind of a no brainer, but it seems like most companies are not doing this so I figured I'd say something.

Flatland has changed A LOT since the 90's and most people do not want another Tao unless it's to make their bikes look good on bmxmuseum or something. The design should be pragmatic, but also cater to a new generation of riders. It doesn't have to be trendy to be functional, but it doesn't have to be a rehash of an old design to be functional either.

Also, find a flatlander who actually gets some decent exposure on a regular basis, and send him a frame. Do not give another frame to Paul Osika unless it's just a friendly gesture between bros because he's not doing your company any good on the marketing front by hiding away somewhere.

Basically.

+1

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:30:03 PM »
I don't really think Rick needs our input,he's a Flat rider as well. He's been in this game as long as ANYBODY on here. Standard has never built a sub Quality or sub Functional Frame OR part. So ,all I'll add to this is,Keep up all the Great work you have been doin all this time and Crank out somemore FREESTYLE frames ,you build them,we will buy them.

BTW,Rick, YOU'RE THE FUKIN' MAN !!!!!!!

He's not a flat rider. He doesn't ride flatland like I do, or like most of us do. That's not taking anything away from him or his riding, but he just simply isn't doing the same things that we're doing to my knowledge. If he is than I'm wrong and I stand corrected, but I don't think that's the case.
+1 TJ . With all due respect Rick needs input on "Now Flatland".
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

TGK

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2009, 10:51:01 PM »
What the hell is "now flatland"?

TJ Perry

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2009, 10:57:30 PM »

If you can't distinguish between what people were doing between style cats and sevisual then I don't really think that anyone will be able to explain it to you. I'm not saying that to you exactly, but anyone who can't see a difference.

"Now flatland" is much more momentum based, much less based around scuffing and slower rolling tricks. A lot more spinning, a lot more pivoting and transitions based less on stopping on a dime. Things move much faster.

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2009, 11:29:53 PM »
Sorry , but its basically what TJ said. There is a lot of differences in the actually riding and tricks that are being achieved since the last Standard Flatland frame was made.

Therefore if you want to be successful as a company you should create a product that riders will buy and not just something that says Standard bike company on it in hopes of people purchasing it.

The end result for any company needs to be sales or they will not have success.  Standard should make a frame the masses will enjoy. The masses do tricks that TJ eluded too.

That's what the hell I meant.  ;D

If they made a basic frame with nice angles and different tt options I don't think you could keep them on the shelfs. But they do need some "Now Influence".
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline jerr6

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2009, 11:49:56 PM »
they should make really light frames that break and cost alot. oh wait thats already been done

TGK

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »
The " now influence" makes more sense compared to a "now flatland" statement.

Thanks for clarifying that for me Scott. 

Hope all is well.

Tim

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 12:28:41 AM »

Offline B-random Fantom

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 12:42:36 AM »
So basically everyone wants him to make this:

http://www.stmartinbmx.com/diamond.html

but put a standard logo on it?

Redundant--Boring--not very creative. Yeah that's pretty now, heh. (J/K but only sorta).

Am I the only who thinks that he should make whatever the hell he wants?

If you want to support an American company that makes a no frills double diamond frame buy a sick child or a quamen. 

Why do we need more of the same?

And with that the hoards will be upon me in seconds. This is such a friendly place, with tolerance, and respected differences of opinion, and fluffy bunnies, and rainbows...
Enough! I grow weary of your foolishness ninjas.