Author Topic: AM Flatland Circuit Site now Live!  (Read 12863 times)

Offline The BYKE Project

• Company
  • Backpacker
  • THE BYKE PROJECT - Giving back through BMX.
    • Dunamis Media
AM Flatland Circuit Site now Live!
« on: December 09, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »

The AM Flatland Circuit is finally here!  Steve Lapsley, the organizer and creator of the circuit is working hard to get the circuit moving, and we just helped Steve launch the new site for the circuit.

The AM Flatland Circuit will be kicking off its inaugural season at one of the most unique and exciting contests of the year, Indianapolis’ RedBull Fight With Flight at the end of January.  Three other events will be part of the circuit, which you can get more info about on the new site.  Visit the site at www.amflatlandcircuit.com.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: AM Flatland Circuit Site now Live!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 08:19:46 PM »
Cool!  ;D :beer:  Just checked it out...very professional looking.  You guys thought this ranking system out.  Good job.  Great to see the sponsors and prizes.

Would be wonderful to have beginners/intermediate/novice rankings too someday. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:27:22 PM by tod.borndead »
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
AM Flatland Circuit
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 08:22:40 PM »
Here is a message from Hector (Dunamis Designs): "The AM Flatland Circuit is finally here! There has been a demand for structure within the amateur flatland scene and this is the result!  Steve Lapsley, the organizer and creator of the circuit is working hard to get the circuit moving, and a new site for the circuit has just been launched with the help of Hector Garcia and Dunamis Media.  

The AM Flatland Circuit will be kicking off its inaugural season at one of the most unique and exciting contests of the year, Indianapolis’ RedBull Fight With Flight at the end of January.  Three other events will be part of the circuit, which you can get more info about on the new site."

Visit the site at www.amflatlandcircuit.com

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 08:29:46 PM »
Oh...would be wonderful to see a media section too.  Like for video and pictures of the AMs.

Not trying to sound demanding...just thought it would be cool to see some of the AMs get the exposure too.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 10:04:10 PM »
You guys thought this ranking system out.  Good job.  Great to see the sponsors and prizes.
Would be wonderful to have beginners/intermediate/novice rankings too someday. 

The ranking system was thoroughly thought out.  I hope you guys like it.  I feel it will create a very fair circuit!

I am very thankful to those sponsoring/supporting the AM Circuit!  I feel that the Grand Prize is something alot of riders will look to strive for, and I can't thank MTF more for their support.

As for Novice, beginner, intermediate classes...In the future these are things I have thought of.  The problem is there are not enough contests who have these classes.  I hope that this is something that could be added in the future though.

Oh...would be wonderful to see a media section too.  Like for video and pictures of the AMs.

Not trying to sound demanding...just thought it would be cool to see some of the AMs get the exposure too.

There may not be a media section, however, in the blog section videos will often be added as well as a "Featured Video" section which will change every now and then also!  After each event we will also try to get videos added to the "Events" section that the videos were from.

Please check out the site for those who haven't and leave some comments here and also hype it to your friends who may have missed it!!

Steve

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks Steve.

Yeah, I know the reason why you guys can't do a novice/intermediate/beginner ranking system...would be cool for more contests to have these classes. 

And cool...I know where to look for vids and such, now.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 04:35:14 AM »
 ;D

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 05:20:31 AM »
I'm in
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline trevoro

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 05:48:35 AM »
Don't mean to sound like a pessimist, but why are all of the events during the first three months of the year? During the winter?

Some of us have to work, and can't necessarily get that kind of time off.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 06:32:47 PM »
To answer a few questions... There already is a Rnd 4, the exact details just aren't going to be announced yet.  It will be in the summer of 2010 though! 

As for the contests being in the winter... This just happens to be when the contests are. 

Offline matt wilhelm

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »
This is great!!!  I wish there was a pro circuit in the US. 

Matt

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »
I really love this idea and the site looks great!, Wish I could honestly make all the events..This is the kinda things we need as ams and experts. I want to be able to show everyone out there what I got. Ill try to make it out to one of them at least.. Maybe the summer one or jomo. But No garrenties.  :ph34r:

Ride on guys!
 Justin D.
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2009, 10:51:06 PM »

Matt
I think first you need competing Pro's and right now that are no competing pro's in the USA.
Great way to build things up is from the bottom. This is a great thing!
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

riding

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 10:54:18 PM »
I'm stoked! 4 contests, a solid framework, a nice website. This is so good for flatland! I'm hoping to go to at least 2 of these to show support.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »

Matt

Thanks Matt!  It means a lot to hear this from Pros!

Great way to build things up is from the bottom. This is a great thing!

Thanks Scott!  Your World Circuit was obviously a HUGE motivator and got me interested in doing this.  I am super excited to see where it goes from here...  I am hoping that if the AM Circuit succeeds then it could be a factor in helping top AMs decide to turn pro and not be so intimidated to compete at a top level!  As a result... more competeing pros in North America!!

I'm stoked! 4 contests, a solid framework, a nice website. This is so good for flatland! I'm hoping to go to at least 2 of these to show support.

Making it out to 2 is better than none!!  I am really excited and appreciative of the contests who have agreed to be a part of this.  The best part is each contest keeps its own identity and has its own unique vibe.  The AM Circuit is just along for the ride!!  ;D

Another thing on the topic of only making 2 events... I think that with how the point system works, you can, and are going to have, riders who only make 2 or 3 events but still will place very well in the overall standings!