Author Topic: R.I.P.- bmxtrix  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
R.I.P.- bmxtrix
« on: April 04, 2007, 02:35:31 AM »
looks like it's gone for good.

ah well, the forum was on it's last legs anyway, but I wish I could still find the how-to's!

cheers ~p~

Offline Flatride

• Deathtrucker
    • Facebook
Re: R.I.P.- bmxtrix
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 03:00:55 AM »
RIP
Without that website I would have never learned the basics of flatland.

Offline enfusion81

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2007, 04:56:59 AM »
so it's down indefinately eh, bummer. That was like the definative site for new bmxers for a long stretch of time.

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 07:42:19 AM »
We are working on a how to section with videos. Just a matter of time ..

Nevertheless sad to hear bmxtrix is gone.

Offline griOt

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 07:51:09 AM »
R.I.P.
the few, the proud, the flatlanders

Offline HitchHikingFlatlander

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 07:54:46 AM »
Did you hear this from ~P~ or are you just speculating? Last I heard he had already paid for the site for five years and other than the boards going down and lack of updates everything worked. And last he mentioned he was going to re-do the boards.

If you didnt hear from him the site is probably not dead, he just does'nt have the time to fix everything everytime something goes wrong. Last year the site was down 3-4 months before he had the time to fix things. My guess is that unless you heard from him that the site is over then its probably the same situation as last year.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 01:54:51 PM »
Did you hear this from ~P~ or are you just speculating? Last I heard he had already paid for the site for five years and other than the boards going down and lack of updates everything worked. And last he mentioned he was going to re-do the boards.

If you didnt hear from him the site is probably not dead, he just does'nt have the time to fix everything everytime something goes wrong. Last year the site was down 3-4 months before he had the time to fix things. My guess is that unless you heard from him that the site is over then its probably the same situation as last year.

speculating.  ^_^

"looks like its gone for good"

thats good to hear... I had lost all hope.

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 06:41:58 PM »
Well notice how everyone thinks its gone for good now when your just speculating. I would bet a little money on assuming at least the Trix site will be back up. I think you could have titled it "Is BMXTRIX finally dead?" then people wont think your stating the truth rather than your opinion. This isnt the first time Trix has been down. ~P~ has kids and company and life to deal with, when sh!t happens he cant just jump up and fix it like when he had the time.

Just be patient and you'll see the site back eventually. But dont go around making your own assumptions without ~P~s consent. We owe him that much for bringing that site to us 1999-07 and all the content he provided. Trix was the first place I saw Terry Adams at like 17 yrs old the first time I got to see a lot of cool vids and riders. So give it to ~P~ to announce Trix's demise its not your job or duty and he obviously hasnt asked you to announce this (he do it himself I'm sure).

Long Live BMXTRIX

HHF  :ph34r:

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 07:58:57 PM »
Well notice how everyone thinks its gone for good now when your just speculating. I would bet a little money on assuming at least the Trix site will be back up. I think you could have titled it "Is BMXTRIX finally dead?" then people wont think your stating the truth rather than your opinion. This isnt the first time Trix has been down. ~P~ has kids and company and life to deal with, when sh!t happens he cant just jump up and fix it like when he had the time.

Just be patient and you'll see the site back eventually. But dont go around making your own assumptions without ~P~s consent. We owe him that much for bringing that site to us 1999-07 and all the content he provided. Trix was the first place I saw Terry Adams at like 17 yrs old the first time I got to see a lot of cool vids and riders. So give it to ~P~ to announce Trix's demise its not your job or duty and he obviously hasnt asked you to announce this (he do it himself I'm sure).

Long Live BMXTRIX

HHF  :ph34r:
yeah, you're right, i should have been more clear.

don't get me wrong, it respect and thank ~p~ for everything he's done, and i know he has kids and a job, and more importat things to do than worry about his bmx site, it just seems rare that a site gets to this point and comes back to life, but from what you say  ~p~ has done it before...

i would think he would tell us on the trixboard or somthing before he took it down...

hehhe, youre always right chris.

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 08:12:49 PM »
Well its happened multiple times before I ever signed up and I can still remember the site going down sometimes.

I doubt he'd pay in advance for a site then take it down.

monkeyflat

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 09:57:19 PM »
ya word up
 someone needs to put tht  back up fo real

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 02:45:37 AM »
does anyone have an entire backup of the site in case it is gone for good?
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 03:15:23 AM »
p has been active on pedal recentley. i directed him here so maybe he can shed some light on the situation.

Offline diabeticboy

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2007, 04:05:01 AM »
looks like it's gone for good.

ah well, the forum was on it's last legs anyway, but I wish I could still find the how-to's!

cheers ~p~
uhmmm i might have saved them on my comp ;D
so if you want em them pm me your email and ill send em

Offline BMXTRIX

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 09:43:34 PM »
BMXTRIX is not dead...   It may be 17 years and me kicing the kids off to college before I'm able to update it again...  But, it is not dead.

I have been working on a facelift for a bit and some new forums, gotta figure out how to get it on a non-ColdFusion web server properly...

But, I'm hoping in the next month or so it will be back up and running...  with more reliable forums to boot.