Author Topic: Side Glides...who can do them?  (Read 4985 times)

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
Re: Side Glides...who can do them?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 04:17:54 PM »
Oh, also...check out Will Reed's side-glide combos.  Insane.  The man can do every variation imaginable.  Check some of his footage in the online battles(master class) to get an idea of what I'm talking about.  Not sure what his set-up is though...just know it's London Bikes.

His last name is Redd not Reed! :P

Will's old setup
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:19:25 PM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

joelweevil

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
Ahh, the landspeeder. Craig LePage(sp?) was a master at that trick. A forward side glide leaned so far forward that the back peg would scrape the ground... Man, you have to have a flexible spine for that! Wow, I haven't thought of that one in a while.

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 05:14:10 PM »
Ahh, the landspeeder. Craig LePage(sp?) was a master at that trick. A forward side glide leaned so far forward that the back peg would scrape the ground... Man, you have to have a flexible spine for that! Wow, I haven't thought of that one in a while.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »
I used to do them!

Hell I will have to try one tomorrow, but either I will have the same problem you have, or have only 1/2 of my thumb and pointer finger on the grip!

Does anyone know what the name of the variation that Jones used to do?  Wasn't it called a "land speeder"?

Ahh, the land speeder. That was a cool one... that and the backwards karl kruiser Darren Pelio used to do where he'd scrape his grip and brake lever on the ground were sweet.

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 05:36:58 PM »
Wow Darren Pelio...haven't heard that name in awhile, what ever happened to him?
He had the smoothest riding style, so clean!! :mellow:

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »
Wow Darren Pelio...haven't heard that name in awhile, what ever happened to him?
He had the smoothest riding style, so clean!! :mellow:
+1

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 07:30:51 PM »
I used to do them!

Hell I will have to try one tomorrow, but either I will have the same problem you have, or have only 1/2 of my thumb and pointer finger on the grip!

Does anyone know what the name of the variation that Jones used to do?  Wasn't it called a "land speeder"?

Ahh, the land speeder. That was a cool one... that and the backwards karl kruiser Darren Pelio used to do where he'd scrape his grip and brake lever on the ground were sweet.

I have a good pic of that in an old Freestylin'...should scan it and post it. 
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 11:48:00 PM »
Here's Darren scrapin it at a King of Flatland event back in the late 80's.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 07:57:44 AM »
Nice,Now if we could find some video of Aaron Dull............Man ,Kevin and him..!

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 08:08:22 AM »
Nice,Now if we could find some video of Aaron Dull............Man ,Kevin and him..!

I have my old video tape of a Haro Tour of Kings show from '88 with Aaron Dull filling in for Rick Moliterno... man, I'm old. =)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »

I have my old video tape of a Haro Tour of Kings show from '88 with Aaron Dull filling in for Rick Moliterno... man, I'm old. =)

Did he ride for Haro?  I don't remember him riding for Haro...just Skyway.  Man, Skyway had an awesome team then...Aaron Dull, Kevin Jones...Matt Hoffman. 

I think Aaron doesn't get enough credit for the stuff he came up with, and how much he helped flat progress.
"A puppet no more!"