Author Topic: KHE Rotor Sprocket  (Read 7880 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
KHE Rotor Sprocket
« on: November 15, 2009, 05:26:26 PM »
If you are looking for a lightweight quality sprocket then KHE has a piece of high tech for you - the Rotor sprocket.

"Made in one of the leading manufacturer for high end motorcycles components, our sprockets are CNC machined using an exclusive process to cut the teeth. "Diamond cut" is an innovative manufacturing process resulting in a visible higher quality sprocket than was ever possible on standard milled sprockets. Special tooling guarantees extremely low tolerances and a super accurate cutting surface. At the same time the material is highly condensed in the area of the teeth flanges which work-hardens the material and significantly enhances durability. Our ROTOR sprockets are without doubt one of the most durable and strongest sprockets on the market."

If you have an engineering degree this will probably make you drool. To us it just sounds quite fancy! More info: KHE Rotor sprocket

Budz

Re: KHE Rotor Sprocket
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 08:57:43 PM »
a far cry from the ninja sprocket 4 sure!
nice to see KHE making strides to overcome the "fail" parts.
all they had to do was not make the ninja sprocket so thin, so this new approach is a bit excessive in my opinion. but either way, kudos to them for seeing the error in their previous product and doing something to better the future of their name. :beer:

Offline PeterJ

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 10:52:34 PM »
I have the 20t (microdrive) for a few weeks now, great sprocket till now...
It has offset towards the BB side so the chain alligns more with the coaster.
I think it accepts 3/32'' chains but i'm not sure.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:13:20 PM »
Hahaha.. i see this advertised the other day!! Looks like an improvement on that ninja disc rubbish they made b4... Anyone remember my one a few years back? Lasted 2 hours, i guess they did'nt heat treat it or sumink cos it just folded in half..

« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 11:31:53 PM by khe killah »

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 11:25:37 PM »
why do you keep supporting a company in my humble opinion makes crap anyways?
Every KHE part I have ever owned has either broken, striped or cracked.

stop wasting your damn money if you have such a problem with them

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 12:08:27 AM »
When you want to be big you have to make hard choices and I guess KHE has been making the wrong ones up until now and for the latest years for that matter.

And I still need someone to explain me why did they started making sprockets so thin, is it to save a few grams?..

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 07:08:18 AM »
How is this news? The Rotor sprocket came out over a year ago!
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

TGK

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 07:22:23 AM »
" sulferblitz:why do you keep supporting a company in my humble opinion makes crap anyways?Every KHE part I have ever owned has either broken, striped or cracked. stop wasting your damn money if you have such a problem with them"

Well maybe with the huge sales in the past few months of that great stem cover, may I expect to see you making $50 sprokets, and $400+ frames also in the future?

Ya know, just humbling asking.

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 04:00:44 PM »
WTF is your problem TIM?

that stem cover I made was CRAP and an idea that's all. IT was a P..R..O..T..O..T..Y..P..E
And there was plenty of other riders who idea was much better than mine

I gave KHE a chance like I do most company's
But it seems they chose to use their customers as "testers"
They really need to take time to develop and test parts over the long haul
Instead they pump out flat parts every couple of months with less that desirable quality. Maybe one day they will get it correct
And prove me wrong

btw

f*ck you tim
You seriously come off as an crazy bitch-ass poser
you my friend are responsible for that...
Not no one else, but YOU

Don't worry I will tell that to your face
If it comes to it.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 11:14:59 PM by sulferblitz »

TGK

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »
Ron,

Wow!

You took all of that out of context.
First and for-most I know you had no justification in making that stem cover only for the simple fact that you made it with the intentions of what was readily available to you at that time.  (Correct?)

I am in full agreement of what you are saying about khe. "There sales over the years have dictated more so than that of a reliable part".  (Witch is somewhat businesslike, but at the same time, there  quality control issues have to be focused upon extensively!)

So again, what you did was read my words out of context.

"Btw" to reply to your vulgar post.

" you can say all of this, but don't take a second thought to take a frame from someone that "thinks you are down and out?". (Correct?)

This is what it stems from(correct?)

i made ABSOLUTLY no mention several months back about your personal life,(witch you think I did!) and you attacked me, the same way you are trying now! And for what? Helping you out When you had to help your family?
(Am I right?)

With all that said,
I look forward to that comment or apology in person.

Tk

Ps.  This will be my last post about this Ron, please PM me with a reply and let this topic get back on track

Offline rjs

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 05:54:14 PM »
I did take that into thought
and Im sending the frame back.

I just can't stand when someone OFFERS to do something nice and years later STILL
bring it up of what they did. I still ride the damn thing (its been 3+ years)  how many times do I need to say thank YOU!!

you just don't get it

the frame is now raw but still in great condition
thank you for the frame rental
rental? yes RENTAL cause I refuse to continue to praise you for what you have done OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...

My apology
To global and accepting your kindness
Lesson learned

I will now try and find MYSELF a new frame
Send me your addy Tim
If you don't accept the frame back I will donate it
and be sure to let them know that's it's from TIM

TJ Perry

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
" sulferblitz:why do you keep supporting a company in my humble opinion makes crap anyways?Every KHE part I have ever owned has either broken, striped or cracked. stop wasting your damn money if you have such a problem with them"

Well maybe with the huge sales in the past few months of that great stem cover, may I expect to see you making $50 sprokets, and $400+ frames also in the future?

Ya know, just humbling asking.

This was really out of line. His question was perfectly valid and had nothing to do with whatever personal disputes you two have.

For all the hate KHE garners on here, I'm curious as to why anyone continues to buy their products when so many of them seem to fail.

Offline kabirun

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:04:11 PM »
How is this news? The Rotor sprocket came out over a year ago!

yeah, but it is obviously not selling... da!!!

TGK

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 06:11:01 PM »
" sulferblitz:I did take that into thoughtand Im sending the frame back.I just can't stand when someone OFFERS to do something nice and years later STILLbring it up of what they did. I still ride the damn thing (its been 3+ years)  how many times do I need to say thank YOU!!you just don't get itthe frame is now raw but still in great conditionthank you for the frame rentalrental? yes RENTAL cause I refuse to continue to praise you for what you have done OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER...My apologyTo global and accepting your kindnessLesson learnedI will now try and find MYSELF a new frame Send me your addy TimIf you don't accept the frame back I will donate itand be sure to let them know that's it's from TIM"

Wow!(And this is all you read out of that whole reply to your "vulgar, yet impulsive" reply)
NICE=)

TGK

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:22:17 PM »
" 2FLAT2FURIOUS:Quote from: NO-BODY on Today at 07:22:23 AM" sulferblitz:why do you keep supporting a company in my humble opinion makes crap anyways?Every KHE part I have ever owned has either broken, striped or cracked. stop wasting your damn money if you have such a problem with them"Well maybe with the huge sales in the past few months of that great stem cover, may I expect to see you making $50 sprokets, and $400+ frames also in the future?Ya know, just humbling asking. This was really out of line. His question was perfectly valid and had nothing to do with whatever personal disputes you two have."

This was taken out of context-and in more of a "joking humor" post(sometimes it is hard to tell emotion, and you TJ,know this just as much as I do =) )
-this is one of the downsides of forums in general.

"For all the hate KHE garners on here, I'm curious as to why anyone continues to buy their products when so many of them seem to fail. "

I can't agree more, untill khe goes through their whole line of parts, and looks at their reliability factor in a diffrent perspective, things will never change with this company.

Also, even through this specific part has been readly availible on the market, is this part being manufactured with a diffrent process now? Is this the case for why it is recent news?