Author Topic: Ares - Garuda 2010  (Read 25397 times)

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
Re: Ares - Garuda 2010
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2009, 11:49:42 PM »
Latest news.
Arrival mid January. No stock all pre orders at this time.
No price increase same as 2008 $550.
hit me up now! info@aresbykesamerica.com
thanks
scott
www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline RENZ VIAJE

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 03:43:09 AM »
does ares parts have warranty, let say you broke the frame???

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2010, 08:12:44 AM »
I always wondered why the downtube looked so weird...Id like to check one out flipped upside down..Anyone out there..Scott? Moncho?

Best shot ive came acrossed, somethin different goin on up there

Rest of the photos from the AresbykesAmerica blog.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2010, 08:37:12 AM »
is the head tube slightly longer or is my imagination?

aslo, to Ares credit, the new frame should be way more spacier than the previous one given the seat tube angle, which means that the frame would really feel like a 18.3" or 18.5 with avery short seat. what I don't understand is the dropouts. they seem fragile, and why take risks.

nope +1

higher seattube angle makes the opposite of what you said...it makes the frame shorter in the front because the lengh between bars and seat is shorter than with a 72 angle

You are not right! Higher seattube angle makes the frame longer! Just imagine that the tt length is given and you change the seattube angle only! It makes the distance of the bb and the headtube longer.

Offline Ronny Engelmann @ Kassel

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2010, 09:16:07 AM »

aslo, to Ares credit, the new frame should be way more spacier than the previous one given the seat tube angle, which means that the frame would really feel like a 18.3" or 18.5 with avery short seat. what I don't understand is the dropouts. they seem fragile, and why take risks.

nope +1

higher seattube angle makes the opposite of what you said...it makes the frame shorter in the front because the lengh between bars and seat is shorter than with a 72 angle

You are not right! Higher seattube angle makes the frame longer! Just imagine that the tt length is given and you change the seattube angle only! It makes the distance of the bb and the headtube longer.

it makes the distance of bb and ht longer, yes! but it makes the distance between bars and seat shorter. thats what i mean...so it feels shorter to ride. when st angle is 90 than seatpost will be vertical and the distance between st and ht is supershort

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2010, 01:06:11 PM »

nope +1

it makes the distance of bb and ht longer, yes! but it makes the distance between bars and seat shorter. thats what i mean...so it feels shorter to ride. when st angle is 90 than seatpost will be vertical and the distance between st and ht is supershort

The distance between the bars and the seat changes only because the seat is high!! The length is the same between the HT and the TT-ST junction! But you can adjust your seat back on your seatpost(unless pivotal) so the distance is the same! What you can change that doesn't matter! What you can't change if your seattube angle is higher Is that your cranks will be farther on! The other thing is that your wheelbase gonna be bigger! To sum up, it is gonna be and feel longer.
Vica versa, if your seattube angle is lower, your cranks will be closer to the headtube, and the wheelbase gonnabe shorter. That would feel shorter.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »
It is a bad habit to give the TT length as the most important parameter by a frame. The distance between the HT and the BB matters! It is the straight Downtube length by the way. The Seatstay length would be a misleading info too, CS length rightly the second most important info by a frame.

Offline Malo

• Backpacker
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2010, 01:38:07 PM »
I always wondered why the downtube looked so weird...Id like to check one out flipped upside down..Anyone out there..Scott?

It looks like an hydroformed downtube : the shape of this tube at the jonction with the head tube allow an even shorter head tube while the deformation of the tube plays the role of a reinforcement. It's a really nice thing.
The website is down but you can visit my profile on facebook :
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Pir.Malo

pir.bmx@gmail.com

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2010, 02:44:02 PM »
I always wondered why the downtube looked so weird...Id like to check one out flipped upside down..Anyone out there..Scott?

It looks like an hydroformed downtube : the shape of this tube at the jonction with the head tube allow an even shorter head tube while the deformation of the tube plays the role of a reinforcement. It's a really nice thing.

The answer is rather simple. It eliminates the need for a gusset. ;)

^^And before anyone asks or makes weird assumptions (because of the thin-walled tubing), no, that's not a Garuda down tube. ;)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:10:02 PM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2010, 03:29:39 PM »
I might have encountered problems on my ares crank but i still think that ares still produces some of the better frames and other chromoly parts out there.

clp

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 03:56:56 PM »
wow 550 for a frame? you people are mental!.

moncho

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2010, 04:27:28 AM »
I always wondered why the downtube looked so weird...Id like to check one out flipped upside down..Anyone out there..Scott? Moncho?

Here you go Snoop:

Offline SNOOP

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2010, 05:04:46 AM »
Hmm interesting...Preciate it Moncho.

Offline The End

• Backpacker
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2010, 04:39:26 PM »

Another angle