Author Topic: How to... Hang 5 video by me!! + Follow up vid...  (Read 25882 times)

Offline DickieJones

• Hitchhiker
    • www.dickiejones33.com
Re: How to... Hang 5 video by me!! + Follow up vid...
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 05:17:20 PM »
just a small bit of advice that really helped me on this from my friend danny.

"ride the front wheel and not the bike" in a hang 5.  helps me understand the balancing more. seems i focused so much on resting my arse on the seat before, but now i concentrate more on actually rolling on the front wheel.

hope this helps.
---------------------------------------

www.dickiejones33.com :: Gun for Hire

keep your study hall out of my recess

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »
Btw I'm vicx05 on youtube

Haha.. thought so... ;) Weather permitting whiplash vid comming up this weekend 4 ya!

Hey DJ... You nearly got it? I wanna see a vid... -_-
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 10:57:08 PM by khe killah »

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2009, 09:33:02 PM »
Hey again. Spent a lot of the day workin further on this trick. Watched the second installment from khe killah. props, brotha. Anyway here are my observations/experiences so far:

1) Press your foot on the front peg (PUSH on it) just before you push the bars down. This is helping me learn to get into the FW steam too.

2) Get enough speed. I know it's scary, but you are not gonna get very far along if you're crawling around. Just do it 50 more times at a decent speed and it won't seem as scary.

3) Doing the wrist snap thing Matt Wilhelm recommends in Ground Rules seems helpful with locking into place. Go from your palms pointing back towards the rear to popping them down on the grip until they are pointing down and pushing the grips down.

4) Lean your head over the bars and front tire further if you're arse-bombing too much.  Remember your head is really heavy!

5) You really are gonna need a hell of a lot of patience...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01t4VZIQk8o[/youtube]

honestly for me, i learned to get to the balance point by going slower, requiring less force to push on your bars. then gradually pick up speed

this is my progress so far.
im not leaning forward enough so my balance foot is fighting forward to counter act it... as you can see

hang 5 progress
Signing out...

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2009, 09:43:31 PM »
Yes b_ron... Looking good my man!! Feel's good don't it ^_^ Little advice, may help but may not?! Lower that seat just a touch and it should make you tilt the bike just enough to counter the back end. If you have to push the bars a little further to make the seat touch your arse it may make you lean forward a bit more... Just a thought! Awsome tho... Soooooo stoked to see this thread getting everyone on those hang 5's  ;D

Offline DickieJones

• Hitchhiker
    • www.dickiejones33.com
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »

Hey DJ... You nearly got it? I wanna see a vid... -_-

not yet but progress has been made. rode some today but im feeling a bit worn down.  will post a vid as soon as i get them on lock. or at least consistent.  couldn't hit anything today.

i will join you on the whiplashes though. you doing doubles?

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2009, 10:54:49 PM »
Double's.. haha not quite... Are you?? Im just geting to step over the frame! I got single's on lockdown, Vic wanted me to make a vid on single's... Multiple lash's are a totally different ball game trust! ^_^

Offline DickieJones

• Hitchhiker
    • www.dickiejones33.com
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 11:18:19 PM »
Double's.. haha not quite... Are you?? Im just geting to step over the frame! I got single's on lockdown, Vic wanted me to make a vid on single's... Multiple lash's are a totally different ball game trust! ^_^

same here. "Im just geting to step over the frame!"  hoping hang 5s will help that. seems it would.

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2009, 12:28:21 AM »
honestly for me, i learned to get to the balance point by going slower, requiring less force to push on your bars. then gradually pick up speed

Well you got it a bit better than me so i'll defer to your wisdom on the speed thing. Either way will probably work with enough effort i think. With stuff like peg wheelies it was easier to learn them fast and then learn how to do it slower, but those are 2 different tricks so ?¿? i dunno.

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2009, 02:11:12 AM »
yo khekilla wanted your permission to download ur vids onto my phone?.......im starting to get the hang of it

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2009, 04:39:42 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01t4VZIQk8o[/youtube]

hey man! i landed about 3 hang5s just like the last one in this vid (the frame even drifted to the right before landing haha), between like 2 and 3 seconds, and i have to say that so far, they are the MOST FUN TRICK EVER! i never wanna stop hang5s! ^_^

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2009, 05:08:51 AM »

Well you got it a bit better than me so i'll defer to your wisdom on the speed thing. Either way will probably work with enough effort i think. With stuff like peg wheelies it was easier to learn them fast and then learn how to do it slower, but those are 2 different tricks so ?¿? i dunno.

yea everyone has their own way of learning things. i just try different things until i get it.

but for peg wheelies, its def easier to go faster
Signing out...

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2009, 08:11:05 PM »
yo khekilla wanted your permission to download ur vids onto my phone?.......im starting to get the hang of it
I appreciate you asking... Of course man... i made them mainly for you so help yourself! Same goe's to anybody else... You know how to rip it??

im starting to get the hang of it
hahahaha ^_^
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:14:22 PM by khe killah »

Offline MING

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2009, 09:06:12 PM »
A couple of tips.

Dont let that balancing leg come to far forward to soon.Try keeping it back, in the same place  you launch from. I saw in a couple of the vids that the balancing leg comes forward way to quick. Hold it back for a longer hang 5.

Try and bail completey over the bars and off the bike.

Lastly not a tip but advise . Some days are better than others dont get upset if you can and then cant. Just keep doing it.

Offline DickieJones

• Hitchhiker
    • www.dickiejones33.com
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2009, 01:10:01 AM »

Try and bail completey over the bars and off the bike.

man i have this part down. my hang 5s are lacking but my bails over the bars are sexy as hell.  like an Olympic hurdlest...   

vid coming   :beer:

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »
LOUDER!! LOUDER!! jk DUDE! Thank you x100000000 Hang 5's have always been one of those elusive tricks. I nailed whips, elbow glides, steams but 5's always got me. I'm confident though. I've even had dreams about nailing it where it literally felt like I was coasting it! The bails section really helped a lot. Thank you again and nice work. Matt Whilhelm part 2 ;) Seriously though really nice job!
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.