Author Topic: What does "fakie" mean  (Read 3019 times)

katobmx

What does "fakie" mean
« on: October 22, 2009, 02:45:42 AM »
I have no idea what it means but it seems to add cool points to a trick when its attatched to its name. whopper fakie, decade fakie. what the heck does it mean?

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
Re: What does "fakie" mean
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 02:48:33 AM »
"fakie" refers to riding backwards. for example, if you were riding, did a bunnyhop, and landed fakie, it would be a 180-fakie. if you rode straight up a quarter pipe and aired and landed going backwards, it would be an air to fakie. if you were riding fakie and did a bunny hop, it would be a fakie bunnyhop.

however, things like 180 to fakie are redundant, because for the most part if you see "180" in a trick name, unless it involves a quarterpipe or a fakie 180 (aka half cab, a cab being a fakie 360), it can be logically inferred that a 180 will result in fakieing.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 02:49:32 AM »
Rolling backwards while facing forwards. I guess it looks fake to non riders, but its actually real.  ^_^

Very different to riding backwards. Riding backwards is the bike going forwards with you going backwards. Fakie is reversed.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:51:26 AM by Paradoxium »

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »
In high school, I changed the R on my gear shift knob to an F.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 08:11:54 AM »
Rolling backwards while facing forwards. I guess it looks fake to non riders, but its actually real.  ^_^

Very different to riding backwards. Riding backwards is the bike going forwards with you going backwards. Fakie is reversed.

"Fakie" comes from vert riders BITD...because they would roll up the ramp, but not actually air it.  "Fake air".  "Fakie".
"A puppet no more!"

Offline robpossible

• GF Inhabitant
  • Crackpacker to kitchen table
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 06:39:04 PM »
In high school, I changed the R on my gear shift knob to an F.

I'm going out to my van and doing the same thing today!hahaha
1st law of thermodynamics: Energy can not be created or destroyed, it only changes in form.