Author Topic: Custom FBM flatland frame  (Read 17646 times)

Offline mbflatland09

• Backpacker
Re: Custom FBM flatland frame
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »
I'm never paying 400 + for someone elses design again.

That's not so simple in my opinion.

That design you call "yours" is just a good 'ol classic double diamond, almost every brand can get you that for way less than that being the only difference not customizable but the frame looks so streetish than at the most you'd get a longer TT, the rest being very similar.

Anyway, that "clear navy blue" rocks, that's for sure.

Some people should think before they open their mouth

Offline Bodhisattva

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 09:16:50 PM »
I'm never paying 400 + for someone elses design again.

That's not so simple in my opinion.

That design you call "yours" is just a good 'ol classic double diamond, almost every brand can get you that for way less than that being the only difference not customizable but the frame looks so streetish than at the most you'd get a longer TT, the rest being very similar.

Anyway, that "clear navy blue" rocks, that's for sure.

Quit hating fool.  Do you really think he believes he created the double diamond?  That's the problem with most flat frame companies is they are trying to reinvent the bike.  There's more to frame design than bending and tying tubes in a knot.  The only bike close to that design is the S&M so why not spend $50 more to get exactly what you want?

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:37 PM »
Oh god, no one reads here, you guys just watch the lines of text for 1 second and then jump into conclusions. That sucks.

What I meant is that for a custom frame the geometry is purely basic and classic, and I didn't said that was bad just.. normal.

I mean, companies that offer the custom option will probably build you anything you come up with as long as you take responsibility for the out come of course. When you pay more for such a commonly available design just to have an extra degree here and less cm there.. I get it but..

I am obviously aware that he didn't invent the double diamond.

Oh well, completely off topic, not going anywhere either so.

Offline Bodhisattva

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 10:28:40 PM »
"What I meant is that for a custom frame the geometry is purely basic and classic, and I didn't said that was bad just.. normal."

Unfortunately, normal is not easy to find these days.  And, yes I did read your post and the conclusion I jumped to was probably pretty accurate seeing that I wasn't the only one that took it that way.  FBM will probably build you a girls bike with twisty tubes for the money, albeit with a mouth full of vomit or you could just buy one of the  many options on FF.  By the way, the frame is a breath of fresh air. 

the beard

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »
that color is out of control. i love it!

Offline mbflatland09

• Backpacker
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 10:41:09 PM »
How can you be nice and a douche all in the same paragraph. Like I said, think before you speak

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2009, 02:42:41 AM »
I weighed the frame, and it's 4.2 lbs.L8r, Joe

Awesome.  I was thinking about getting a little lighter frame, but didn't want to go that bendy, twisty tube frame route.  This looks right up my alley. 

After you get it together...and get used to it, you should post a "test ride" video. ;D  We know you have the skills Joe, now show off that frame in action!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
I weighed the frame, and it's 4.2 lbs.L8r, Joe

Awesome.  I was thinking about getting a little lighter frame, but didn't want to go that bendy, twisty tube frame route.  This looks right up my alley. 

After you get it together...and get used to it, you should post a "test ride" video. ;D  We know you have the skills Joe, now show off that frame in action!
Will do, still waiting for my Bottom Bracket to get here.but I should have a video to post this week. L8r, Joe
That Joe miller

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2009, 04:40:26 AM »
What's up Joe?What bottom bracket are you rockin now?

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »
What's up Joe?What bottom bracket are you rockin now?
The new bike has a mid BB, it was a last minute change, but the BB should be here monday.
That Joe miller

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 04:57:09 PM »
Oddly enough I called FBM this week to see if they;d do some polish work for me. We then got to talking about doing flatland frames. I just saw this now so..Lets see some pics of her built up! What color forks/bars did you go w?
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »
I NEED that color..or some other cool metallic translucent color. Trying to get ideas for my new street build. Was gonna do raw but it looks too much like the gray I have now and too much like my flat bike. Maybe I'll have to call FBM..
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline Jengo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »
Sorry to bump an old thread but would love to see this built up??? Great frame, great shape. Nice colour!

Any pics of the finished product yo!?

Offline That Joe Miller

• Cliffhanger
    • Unknown Sports
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 08:00:46 PM »
Sorry to bump an old thread but would love to see this built up??? Great frame, great shape. Nice colour!

Any pics of the finished product yo!?

Here you go. this is it today.
That Joe miller

Offline Jengo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »
Cheers dude... that pic is mighty small though! 150px  :huh: