Author Topic: Still no luck! x-foot whiplash(s)  (Read 5379 times)

TGK

Still no luck! x-foot whiplash(s)
« on: October 13, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »
I have not let up on this trick at any point in the last week, and it is very frustrating!

I have taken all the steps to getting to this trick, even by working on standard x-foot forward fork glides/ steam roller.
also worth a mention is x-foot  (double footed) standard fork glide/ steam roller. 

So YES, I can get my foot on the peg!

Maybe my next question is to who can do them is;

Is it a commitment Or a timing issue problem?-Like the standard regular foot whiplash-

Thanks for all the info and help.

Tim

Prasheel

Re: Still no luck! x-foot whiplash(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »
Have you hit a single x-footed whiplash yet where you don't have to step over the frame?  Doing one and doing multiples are two different ballparks of difficulty.  I can do singles going in a straigh line and carving hard in sw. ft. inside steam, and what helps me is switching feet right when the frame is lined up with the wheel, its a short window of time to switch feet and its hard to get your foot through the little space there is.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:40:15 PM »
I tried the x foot hang 10 a bit from a x foot whiplash and it's not so hard. I think I could land 2 whiplashes, but have just practiced them like 2 times. So maybe some day. The weather is getting nastier so I'm even lazier.

But the key to this is:

rolling x footed.

TRY X FOOTED HITCHIKERS!

I'm very comfortable with x foot stance now after dialing x foot hitch.

TGK

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 01:49:42 AM »
Al,

That is my problem.

I have built up all the available "building blocks" to learn this trick, and yet still no dice. 

I was watching a few key riders do them today,(witch I hardly sit and watch videos-so you can see my frustration, and concern on finding a way to figure this out)

again it looks like a time issue when taking one foot off the peg and having to rely on the other foot/peg. 

I am going to give this a shot , and see what happens. 

Thanks again for the advice.

Take Care.

Tim

monkeyflat

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:48:38 AM »
whats ayone going to tell you ythat you dont alreayd know.... its your body...your bike..your mind... youve been trying it for a while...maybe you felt a few that felt like you were getting close... have patience ...keep trying... good luck

peace

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 03:36:47 AM »
Maybe try one to ankle death first, then move on to a regular single X-foot whiplash.  :P  Just a suggestion.  :mellow:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:38:40 AM by Paradoxium »

TGK

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:26:38 AM »
Thanks for the ankle death tip.

I have been able to do that trick for 15+ years. That trick I have always considered "the dumbest trick that will take you away from riding".so I did a few bitd and moved on. 

When I rode with my friend Brant the other day I threw out one or two.  So yeah, I do have all my "building blocks" in order(and maybe I am talking to myself here) but , again maybe it is a time vs foot weight problem.   

I'll keep this updated.

Thanks for the tip again,

Take Care. 

Tim

TJ Perry

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
Have you tied your junk to your waist yet? I hear that helps.

TGK

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:59:18 AM »
 2FLAT2FURIOUS:Have you tied your junk to your waist yet? I hear that helps.

Ohh christ

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 09:48:52 AM »
I have not let up on this trick at any point in the last week, and it is very frustrating!

I have taken all the steps to getting to this trick, even by working on standard x-foot forward fork glides/ steam roller.
also worth a mention is x-foot  (double footed) standard fork glide/ steam roller. 

So YES, I can get my foot on the peg!

Maybe my next question is to who can do them is;

Is it a commitment Or a timing issue problem?-Like the standard regular foot whiplash-

Thanks for all the info and help.

Tim

Are you trying to do it brakeless or w/brake?
Either way with patience you should be able to pull double x footed. Anything more than that is very difficult. But double already is a good start.
There is a completely different technigue than on a regular whiplashes.
Timing wise on stepping to the pegs it´s about the same, but going over the top tube there is a special leaning technique (leaning to the left or right depending on which way you whip it) to maintain the balance. And you have to lean there only with your upper body. Also there is a special way of lifting the "back" leg over the top tube (you kind of lift your hip a little)
hmmm. Maybe this explanation is difficult to understand. You should ask from ground tactics. hah.
But yeah, if I can help out somehow to learn this I´d be more than happy.
I practiced brakeless x footed whiplashes for entire summer 2 years ago 4 hours a day. HAH. That trick sort of got me... But now I can do it and yes, it is damn hard.
Martti

TGK

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 04:29:27 PM »
Martti,

Thanks ever so much for your reply. 

A lot of what you wrote makes complete sense. Ha.

In the last few months I have felt so frustrated about this trick, but with-in time I know a single will come then a double.   

One very key point that made me nod my head was when you mentioned "leaning to the left/right " in witch ever way you whip it.  I found this a refresher of the same idea and mind set you have to have.

When I was riding with a friend over the winter months , we both where working on backwards standard whiplashes(from fork glide/fire hydrant position).  He was doing about 3-4 and I was not even getting 1 completed  ha.
 Your leaning technique was best explained by having your upper body at 4pm then 6pm. It didn't make sense at the time, but once I completed one, two came, and now I am at three on a good day. 

I have spent the better part of 1/2 the summer working on building up to this trick(x-foot whiplash) , so I know it is only time before I get one, then two, and just maybe three on a very good day.  Ha.

Well, even though I am struggling with one at the current moment. I will eventually get it=)
Because I didn't-and you can't learn multiples with-out learning singles.

Thanks ever so much for putting me back into perspective.   Ha

Take Care, and thanks again. 

Tim

TJ Perry

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 05:20:18 PM »
2FLAT2FURIOUS:Have you tied your junk to your waist yet? I hear that helps.

Ohh christ

No seriously. I pinched it so many times working on those. I could only do two.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »
you ever lost one ball up into your stomache doing that cross foots sh*t?

it kind of turns you into a female.

well thats what I hear...never happened to me actualy.
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Offline N3!L

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »
you ever lost one ball up into your stomache doing that cross foots sh*t?

it kind of turns you into a female.

well thats what I hear...never happened to me actualy.

They don't really go up into your stomach more like the skin next to your dick. It feels kinda bad but they can just be popped back out. It usually happens when its really cold and i go swimming. :P

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 04:29:12 PM »
While single x ft whips are tricky, they really aren't that hard.  Alex and I learned them around the same time, and like he said, its all about the timing for when you go to step over with the other foot.

Jim, may I ask what HTA you have on your frame?  I just switched to a 73.5* HTA and it seems really good for this type of tricks/riding (cough*KGB*cough).

See my recent video, I do a x ft whip out of a jumplash to inside.