Author Topic: New K-124 shop spot in France  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
New K-124 shop spot in France
« on: October 06, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
The K-124 shop in Clermont Ferrand, France just got a flatland spot. Our first Rider of the Month in 2009 Jean Bulhon helped to build the spot:
"We wanted to make a spot in the shop since the beginning, and no choice, for the first birthday three weeks ago we made it. My friend Kevin Jacob, the boss Djeep and I built the spot in one day, and now you can ride it every day.
The dimensions are 6m x 5m, made of proper wood, not slippery and just perfect to ride. Soon we will start flat and park lessons, I organize a jam/contest on saturday 5th of December and maybe a bigger event will follow in next summer.
So if you travel near Clermont Ferrand you have to come to ride, you´re welcome!!!"

Check out the video of
the first session Small | Large

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
Re: New K-124 shop spot in France
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:47:22 AM »
Hey does anybody know what you would use around and/or beneath the plywood if you were going to make this kind of flatland surface indoors somewhere? I couldn't get a good look form the movie or pic but obviously you'd have to anchor the plywood down somehow to keep it from flying around.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 05:33:35 AM »
sigh...only in Europe
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Rompy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 05:36:15 AM »
Hey does anybody know what you would use around and/or beneath the plywood if you were going to make this kind of flatland surface indoors somewhere? I couldn't get a good look form the movie or pic but obviously you'd have to anchor the plywood down somehow to keep it from flying around.

2x4's , you would build a frame and lay ply down with screws. I suppose you could make it in sections and attach them together if its temporary.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 07:44:19 AM »
ok...i was pondering visiting europe in the near future.  now i WILL visit europe in the near future.  (with my bike, of course) 

Offline ortho

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 03:01:04 PM »
2x4's , you would build a frame and lay ply down with screws. I suppose you could make it in sections and attach them together if its temporary.

well that makes sense. I thought it might be something thinner than a 2x4 frame. Would be cool to have it so you don't eat it if you ride off the side a little bit.

Looks really rad though. Wish we had a shop like this nearby!