Author Topic: Unexpected Progression  (Read 4881 times)

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
Unexpected Progression
« on: October 06, 2009, 04:34:00 AM »
Alright so lets start with some background info before i get into this. about 5 years ago i went back to France one winter and went skiing with all my buddies again... which ended up leading to a severe accident that seriously damaged my neck. So I've had terrible neck problems ever since, always complaining about the pain in my neck, not being able to sleep, etc....

Now last Thursday comes around and on the way back from my girlfriend's dorm i rear end a bus and total my car, as well as receive a decent amount of non-flatland whiplash... the kind you don't want to do multiples of. On the second day is when the whiplash is the worst, so i do my thing and get wasted that night to numb off some of the pain so i can get to sleep.

I wake the next day and surprisingly feel like a new man, my neck is aligned, all my muscle spasms are gone and i'm not bitching about being in pain at all. so after my mom tells me to lay off the bike for a bit since i just got into a wreck, i head off to the ride spot and start hitting all my hardest tricks. i ended up having probably the most fun i've had on my bike in a long time, everything felt so much easier and my body responded a lot faster and more accurately.

I figured i should share this since it's not everyday you get into a wreck that fixes your neck problems. Now I'm not saying that all you injured folks out there should go rear end buses to fix you up... but i did, it worked, and i'm thankful for it.

Offline Pralex

• Deathtrucker
Re: Unexpected Progression
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:50:28 AM »
Prasheel likes this!

Glad to hear you're feeling good again and riding is going well.

I miss you!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:58:44 AM »
Miraculous! Hope u do well!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:36:48 AM »
Man, looks like I need to get into a wreck.   :ph34r:

Good to hear you're feeling better.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »
That is awesome!!!
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

the beard

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 06:30:43 PM »
Congrats! That is great news! Did you ever go to a chiropractor before this happened?

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »
i went to a chiropractor for about 3 years after the skiing accident. it would fix a portion of the problem temporarily, but since the worst of it was in the very tip of my spine it was pretty much hard to reach for anyone. its been 5 days now since my car accident and my neck hasn't gone back to being messed up... which is a good thing of course, but it just feels so weird not to be in pain constantly.

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 12:38:26 AM »
happened to me, but when i had a horrible cramp not an injury, my back was all f*cked up and the ribs sticking out, my friend rammed me just like in NFL by surprise and after a nasty "crack" sound everything was fixed haha.

glad to hear that!  ;D

flatwax81

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 12:45:29 AM »
I know how you feel. In 2004 I crashed my motorcycle and messed up my neck. Ive never experience major pain but enough to give me migraines and sleepless nights. Its been on and off for years It will feel good for a few months and then start hurting again. I constantly have to strech and massage my neck to keep it from getting stiff. Good to hear that your better man, Neck pain sucks!

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:27:10 AM »
Alexis, it is quite possible that the trauma your body experienced during the original skiing accident was stored, or rather locked, in the muscles affected.  The result of your recent accident may have caused a release of the stored trauma from the skiing accident due to the trauma of the recent accident.  Your body could very well have perceived the recent trauma as a type of therapy in resolving the original trauma.

Offline sackley85

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 02:00:02 AM »
Alexis, it is quite possible that the trauma your body experienced during the original skiing accident was stored, or rather locked, in the muscles affected.  The result of your recent accident may have caused a release of the stored trauma from the skiing accident due to the trauma of the recent accident.  Your body could very well have perceived the recent trauma as a type of therapy in resolving the original trauma.

Neuromuscular Therapy ftw, haha

Also, there is a specialized form of chiropractic that is called the atlas orthogonal method that targets the top of the spine (the atlas) but I know many people (including chiropractors) are skeptical of that.

Congrats, hah. :beer:

Offline mbflatland09

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2009, 05:43:01 AM »

Aren't you a licensed massage therapist.

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2009, 05:44:23 AM »
yes Tyler... something like that for sure. ha ha

i had yet another good session today... lots of new tricks coming along great thanks to how awesome i feel now!!!

...now if only my back would get fixed.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:16 AM »

Aren't you a licensed massage therapist.

taking my national certification exam for licensure on thursday.