Author Topic: My findings about khe  (Read 8624 times)

TJ Perry

Re: My findings about khe
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 10:06:49 PM »
I don't even understand why this is being discussed, I mean this is how a business runs, no?  Mark-ups are everywhere...everything you buy at a retailer is marked up.  It keeps the lights on...

Exactly.

Basically the dude is mad that we have an EXTREMELY trustworthy middleman dealing parts to riders all over the world with some of the most helpful and knowledgeable people there to get you what you need when you need it not to mention the fact he goes out of his way to find rare parts that no mailorder company like Dans would ever bother to get.

Anyone who gets bent that Pat is trying to sustain his way of life so that he can sell us more parts and help take MANY of those profits and put them right back into contests and jams can eat a dick as far as I'm concerned.

havok

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 10:47:01 PM »
Anyone who gets bent that Pat is trying to sustain his way of life so that he can sell us more parts and help take MANY of those profits and put them right back into contests and jams can eat a dick as far as I'm concerned.

+1

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 11:50:04 PM »
Let's be careful not to put words in his mouth.  His post read like he was blaming KHE for the markups, not any shop...I guess?  I certainly don't follow any logic that higher markups/prices mean more sales...

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 11:52:42 PM »
OK, I guess he was claiming that sellers make more money from KHE's than other brands, so that's why KHE is available through more sellers.

Which really would be more of an attack on dealers who emphasize only KHE, not someone like Pat who stocks everything.

I mean clearly the guy doesn't have any idea what he's talking about (nor am I even sure what he's trying to talk about), but I'm not seeing any beef with Pat here.

Offline pulsar

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 12:21:54 AM »
the typical mark up on clothing is around 200%....

it very very hard to keep a shop like Pats open........like when i ran a piantball shop it was hard to keep afloat. the market is small.

this thread should be removed....

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 05:16:24 PM »
Pat must be a flatland czar!  ;D

Sorry.. this thread has that "FOX news" kind of vibe to it.

Offline mbflatland09

• Backpacker
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
Another dumb ass thread about Khe. It makes no f*cking sense. TJ wouldn't talk sh*t to you if you didn't post dumb sh*t all the time. Dense isn't the word I would've said but it works. haha
What a Joke. Oh yeah, if your having problems with CRANKS flexing when slamming on a pedal steam. How about add a washer or two on the non sprocket side. Duh

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »
I don't even understand why this is being discussed, I mean this is how a business runs, no?  Mark-ups are everywhere...everything you buy at a retailer is marked up.  It keeps the lights on...

Exactly.

Basically the dude is mad that we have an EXTREMELY trustworthy middleman dealing parts to riders all over the world with some of the most helpful and knowledgeable people there to get you what you need when you need it not to mention the fact he goes out of his way to find rare parts that no mailorder company like Dans would ever bother to get.

+2!

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »

Exactly.

+2!
+10. Also, based on the numbers given, Pat is NOT marking up substantially. Not to mention when he gets deals and passes them on to us. I.E. Geisha Hub listed at 89 wholesale. Isnt that what Pat is selling them for right now. You can not stay in business trading dollars for dollars. Plus, if KHE was not supplying so many people, then in turn the wholesale prices they are charging would be higher than they are causing the selling price to us to be even higher. Its all a cycle. (Ha-Ha, that wasnt intentional). Mass Quantity helps lower prices. Im not sure I understand the purpose behind this thread either.
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 10:47:27 PM »
khe sells so much because of all the advertising they do in the scene...and also for making so many completes.

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »
Meh, some people won't really be happy unless KHE comes out with an indestructible 1-pound frame with adjustable geometry and sells it for $1US.

Offline ringers

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
how dare a business make money. what is this, capitalism?

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »
This thread suck's ass.... Shops are designed to make money.

Feast your mince pie's on this thread!! Vote say's thumb's up KHE...!?

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=29866.0
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:49:17 PM by khe killah »

Offline froghammer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 08:51:36 PM »
Meh, some people won't really be happy unless KHE comes out with an indestructible 1-pound frame with adjustable geometry and sells it for $1US.

They'll still badmouth it. It'll be too light, too strong...........too adjustable.

Oh, and cheap. I mean, a one dollar bike? How good could that possibly be??   ^_^
It truly is a romance of many dimensions, isn't it?

http://www.froghammer.com

Evil_Lincoln

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 09:58:18 PM »
I've seen several posts where people speculate on how difficult it is for Pat to keep FF going, or speculation on how much money he makes off of all this. 

The bottom line is he's making money off of it, otherwise he wouldn't be able to do it.  Whether it's difficult to sustain or not is something only he could answer.  As for his income, I figure that's his business...I have my own life to worry about.  Personally, I hope he and the rest of you are doing well.  Very few things in life suck more than being without money.

Anyway, who cares if selling KHE is profitable?  Selling Huffy bikes or Walgoose bikes is probably even more profitable.  Sh!t, I hope Pat's doing ok, if FF goes down where in the hell will I get parts at a good price? 

Tomorrow I'm going to buy some bars there.  Gotta contribute and do my part to keep sh!t going!  And I won't worry about the profit margin, either.