Author Topic: Swiss miss question  (Read 4352 times)

Offline polar

Swiss miss question
« on: August 21, 2009, 08:12:26 AM »
heya,

firstly i have searched the forums already but cant find what im after so am looking for some direction.

i would like to run (when parts arrive) swiss miss bars with a dragonfly 05 forks(zero offset, 14mm & 174 mm stem length)
I also would like to run a gyro with them. Does anyone run a similar setup? is the 174 enough room for this?

I asked a similar question about mike s bars when i thought i was going to get them, but since i already have the khe bars i think ill save myself some cash.

Any help will be appreciated

thanks
Dave

Offline Mario Saldana

• Cliffhanger
Re: Swiss miss question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
im not too sure about my specs but I have a Equilibrium Pro frame with tanka forks and swiss miss bars and i had the odyssey gyro. worked awesome man no joke and it looked good on the bike. i recently removed them cause i only used rear brakes for wheelies but now i dont care about wheelies anymore but i still recommend them.

http://www.global-flat.com/profile/index.php?u=4847&page=13

look at my bike
IG: mas_xiii

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
dragonfly 05 forks(zero offset, 14mm & 174 mm *stem length)

*It's called steerer tube height. ;)
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline OCN

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 07:00:52 AM »
do you need zero offset forks to run these bars.. i know the bars them self have a 3mm off set i believe

Offline mid_night gypsy

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:10:08 AM »
do you need zero offset forks to run these bars.. i know the bars them self have a 3mm off set i believe

SwissMiss bars are a 26mm offset. Rule of thumb on forks and stem/bars. Your fork offset should not be greater than your stem/bar's offset.... Hope this helps...Russ

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 03:54:24 PM »
I'm dealing with this same swiss/miss/gyro issue right now...my bike is from '97, so I had some "Gyro XL" on there, which it super wide and had a real thick top plate.
The bottom plate was also really shallow (almost flat), it didn't offset the cables down the head tube very much...

So, with my Odyssey forks that have 175 mm at the steerer, there wasn't enough fork for the stem to grab onto.

I am going to get an sst oryg that has the lower offset of the bottom plate, as well as a thinner "normal" top plate...should be good to go with that setup!

havok

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
dragonfly 05 forks(zero offset, 14mm & 174 mm *stem length)

*It's called steerer tube height. ;)

are you the grammar/terminology police?  :huh:  :P

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:30:00 PM by HAVOK »

Offline nika

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »
I thought Furball was quite helpful, actually...
sausages and plants and goldfish

Offline olskoolPLO

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 09:56:49 PM »
Iam running a MikeS fork w/ swiss miss bars. Iam running a stock upper gyro plate but I have gyro tabs on my frame for the lower. Let me know if you need a pic...

Offline olskoolPLO

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:48 AM »
The pic is from my cell. If you need more specific photos let me know. Ill get my camera back from a friend.

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 02:16:11 PM »
Perfect, thanks for posting the pic!