Author Topic: News from Quamen by Anthony  (Read 7142 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
News from Quamen by Anthony
« on: September 21, 2009, 09:47:16 PM »
Quamen bikes just recently did a rare interview for Cream magazine. The company article is six pages in issue #35 which is coming soon worldwide. Definitely worth checking out if you want to learn more about the company´s evolution and development throughout the years.

Also check out the
short in-house tour video Small | Large
for a glimpse of what goes on inside the Southern California shop. Other quamen news include all new t-shirt designs and the redesigned bowls frame. Check out www.quamenbikes.com for more information.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
Re: News from Quamen by Anthony
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:13:19 AM »
I got a tour of the shop from Max a while back when I was down in So Cal for a few days... it's amazing getting to meet the folks and see the machines and jigs that put together the bike you ride. Very nice, down to earth company that makes the best frames in flatland (yeah, I said it... =)

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
=
I got a tour of the shop from Max a while back when I was down in So Cal for a few days... it's amazing getting to meet the folks and see the machines and jigs that put together the bike you ride. Very nice, down to earth company that makes the best frames in flatland (yeah, I said it... =)
i dont know about the frames,but they sure make the best cranks on earth.

Offline thomas

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 09:24:32 PM »
no he said it right...they are the best flatland frames - ever.

thomas

Offline phil dolan

• Forkglider
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 10:26:11 PM »
best made frames by far,in house quality metal no taiwanese junk there,i bought a G8 from pat and i love it.phil

Offline monis

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 05:32:27 AM »
I'm still riding an old school g2 and I just can't seem to part with it.  I love quamen!!

Offline theking

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 04:07:40 PM »
Yeah Quamen is just the best, Im still riding my OG Quamen that I got back in 1999 and I wouldn't trade it for any other frame. I would bet anything I own the most ridden Quamen on earth!

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 04:54:19 PM »
quamen rocks  :beer:

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »
Not too sure bout the high looking standover on the new bowls. I've been rocking my bowls 2 for almost a year now, no breaks after hard bails!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2009, 01:19:20 AM »
noob question but what is it about Quamen that can't be achieved by other companies? what makes their frames unique?
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2009, 05:22:07 PM »
noob question but what is it about Quamen that can't be achieved by other companies? what makes their frames unique?

Strength, durability AND light weight. Somehow when Quamen makes a 4 pound frame, it manages to stay in one piece considerably longer then most others in the market. They may seem expensive, but you can at least trust that you're getting what you pay for from them. I think the fact that almost every top rider in the world has at one time or another ridden one of their frames is also noteworthy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:42:52 PM by Ultraman Zoffy »

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »
I rode a delta 2 for a very long time. Longer then any other frame I've had. Harder too. My only prob was a bent drop out when I didn't pack it good for a flight. I bent it back and rode it for a few more years. Love quamen will prob go back to them next frame

Offline The Brown Sound

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2009, 11:21:24 AM »
LOVE my Delta 4. I've been fortunate enough for both my newest frames being American. It might sound dumb but something about the American Frames I prefer over Taiwanese. Looks or intuition on strength or something -nothing to do w American Pride or anything though that is an added benefit.

Back on topic, I came from a Sick Child Metro and either I was too n00b (3x over) to appreciate it or feel comfortable but as soon as I got the Delta 4 up and running it was like slipping on a pair of comfortable clothes - it felt so right dude and I was busting tricks better than I had. Coincedence or not, I have the utmost confidence in my Quamen and I have to say Anthony is the man and always takes good care of me. I couldn't be happier. \m/ \m/ = Quamen..=)
I'm like the brown LL Cool J.

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »
I just love my Gamma frame, it's well over 3 years old (bought it 2 years ago here on Global), had it packed for 10+ flights and it is still straight as the first day I got it.

If I ever need a new frame, I'm going Quamen again.

P.S.: The Clad G2 frame I had years ago is still ridden by a buddy of mine, and it's like 9 years old.