Author Topic: Online battle suggestion  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Le_Polonais

• Backpacker
Online battle suggestion
« on: September 13, 2009, 10:52:26 PM »
How about having a money pot for some battles? Every participant who wants to enter has to pay a set fee and at the end the pot is distrubuted along as prizes? Or prize money even. I'm sure this would motivate many more people to join up! Online contests anyone?

Offline Le_Polonais

• Backpacker
Re: Online battle suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 11:22:06 PM »
ha... sorry didint see that there already was a thread for this!!!

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 11:23:05 PM »
I see the bike projects are overlooked huh?

this is for fun, adding a fee will cause about most of the riders to withdraw..

and besides the process is slow enough already with some riders taking more time to make a video etc..

and don't forget the little idea of making a new account to add yourself one vote...

Offline Le_Polonais

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:04:06 AM »
I'm not talking about every battle to absolutely have a prize/fee... I was thinking about once every few months, announced in advance, and leave more preparation time (maybe a week) for the riders to pull their sh*t. IMO it would be a good idea! It could spice things up quite a bit... What do you guys think?

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 01:15:51 AM »
the system of the forum then will need to change, because people would be more drawn towards the idea of creating new accounts to gain extra votes..

it might cause chaos, and in order to prevent chaos it seems like too much work adjusting all the existing methods of how this site works

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 02:27:18 AM »
the system of the forum then will need to change, because people would be more drawn towards the idea of creating new accounts to gain extra votes..

it might cause chaos, and in order to prevent chaos it seems like too much work adjusting all the existing methods of how this site works
it's easy.. what do you have to do in order to vote?
1.create account
2.log in
3.look for the thread
4.select who you think is the winner
5. click "vote"

but, we could do this.
1.create account
2.log in
3.look for the thread
4.click on the "reply" button
5.write the name of the one you think should win
6.click "post"

only 1 more click, and you know who voted for who. No cheating. Users with less than 50 post cant vote

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 07:17:57 AM »
Great idea misterpola. Maybe 50 post count is too much, but whatever.
About the money prizes. I think it shouldn't be. Ok, maybe this competition needs some extra motivation, because riders are so busy.
But come on, there are already some stuff prizes for winners. Maybe I should find out what are the prizes and write it down here, so you can get some motivation :D