Author Topic: Is Brakeless "really" harder?  (Read 10663 times)

BMXfreak

Re: Is Brakeless "really" harder?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2007, 03:04:03 AM »
i think by forcing yourself to be brakless you are limiting your own riding by conforming to one style. (god i read too much bruce lee)

every breakless rider has a completely different style and a lot of riders say that riding with breaks limits their riding, jesse puente for example

BMXfreak

« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2007, 03:14:16 AM »
seperating breakless and break riders in compitions would be retarted
it would be so boring
having all different riders with all different set ups and styles competing against each other is what adds some excitement to the comps and what flatlands all about when it comes to competing

breakless or not breakless flatlands still "really" hard.

Offline lardpacker

• Forkglider
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2007, 07:39:53 AM »
I don't see how using brakes is harder than not using them. If your leaver is in the way, you either haven't gotten used to using brakes yet or your using to big a leaver. Also, by having brakes, you just have to try the same trick a couple of times with and without brakes to know which feels better....as opposed to not even having that option if your brakeless. Lastly, practically all switches, jumps (over the frame or around the bike) and hops are at least twice as hard brakeless.

Budz

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
i cant take it anymore! come on already...we are all riders here. who cares whats harder and what not!?
what important is that ya have fun out there.
SHUT UP AND RIDE!

Offline Flatpanda

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:33 PM »
Manuals with brakes are easier than manuals without brakes.

Break riding is similar to break dancing; both are difficult.

I'm brakeless and i'm harder than you.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »

Also Tyler, did you get to ride with Trevor Meyer in the last week or two. I know that he said he was heading down that way to do some shows.

Yea man.  I did.  I only got to ride with him one day :( 
He was doing some crazy sh*t.  Had a few new tricks.  He has been riding brakeless lately.  He had a brake on, only because he had shows.  But while we were riding he didnt hit it once! 
Can anyone say steamroller halfwhopper to halfpacker?!?!?!?!?!

It is always a treat to get to ride with him.

He sounded really interested in living in Florida.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline KineticNRG

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2007, 05:55:41 PM »
i think brakes are harder cuz the lever is in the way  :rolleyes:

This is one of the reasons that i took my brakes off. one day when i was riding, i wiped out and got the break lever to the backside of my knee. That hurt like a motherf*cker. So about a week or two later, i tried brakeless, i liked it, and i stuck with it. I believe that if you like it, go ahead and do it. And stop saying that one is better/harder than the other... flatland is as hard as you make it. Honestly i could care less if any of you ride without brakes. Its all flatland, and thats all that matters. Have fun. Peace. :ph34r:
"All that brakes do is slow you down"

BMXfreak

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2007, 12:58:36 AM »
i think brakes are harder cuz the lever is in the way  :rolleyes:

is that a joke?

matt wilhems levers dont seem to get in his way when hes spining his tricks at 80 mph

Offline psycho beach

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2007, 12:57:50 AM »
After watching Kevin Jones do whiplashes I can honestly say it's harder to feather brakes than to just simply not use them.

Thats just plain wrong. Just like manuals they are much easier with brakes. Instead of learning what to do with your whole body its mostly learning what to do with your finger. If you live in an area where the humidity levels are all over the place making your brakes perform differently from day to day it will be tougher but still nowhere near brakeless. Kinda funny whiplashes were the first brakeless trick which was done by Kevin in Dorkin 2. He only did a double but at the time he could do at least 8 with brakes on flat ground.

Anyways, some tricks are just made for brakes. Kuoppa and Fester prove this.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2007, 01:01:06 PM »
The most bike throwing in history will be done in the event of brakeless riders and myself trying to learn any of Fester and Kouppas tricks.
 :wacko:
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline KineticNRG

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »
seperating breakless and break riders in compitions would be retarted
it would be so boring
having all different riders with all different set ups and styles competing against each other is what adds some excitement to the comps and what flatlands all about when it comes to competing

breakless or not breakless flatlands still "really" hard.

So true, seperating brakless and brake riders would be the same as us seperating the 19.1" TT riders and the 18.5" TT riders. There is a lil something called preference where the person adjusts his(her) bike to how they like it, Its still flatland, so why seperate us? Shame on all of you who argue in this thread. Your subconsciously causing a revolution where the brakeless people are going to succeed from the rest of the flatland community!!! Your gonna end us all!!! Just kiddin'. But still, seperating flatland in competitions is a real stupid thing to do, seeing how small the flat community is. Maybe when (or if) we get bigger(not many have the patience of a flatlander), like street or vert or other more popular things, then we can seperate into other classes. But as of now, its not a smart thing to do.

FLATLANDERS UNITE!!!

Offline RhodeIslandRick

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2007, 06:09:52 PM »
Manuals with brakes are easier than manuals without brakes.

Break riding is similar to break dancing; both are difficult.

I'm brakeless and i'm harder than you.

I <3 manuals. No brakes and 5 city blocks is my farthest so far. I also find it easier to manual on small frames then longer frames.

Offline KineticNRG

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »
Manual for 5 city blocks? are you going down hill? or are you actually doing a cat walk?

btw, i have been practicing peg wheelies and can do em for about 1 city block. after that i loose speed and have to go into a death truck to get back up to speed.

Offline RhodeIslandRick

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »
The road I did 5 city blocks on was downhill, just enough for me to keep up my speed.

Offline KineticNRG

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »
cool, cool... oh and the part where i said i go into a death truck is only a dream of mine.