Author Topic: Help, customs stopped my package  (Read 1824 times)

Offline rcl483

• Company
  • Funky Chicken
Help, customs stopped my package
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »
Hi
today i have received a message from customs and they need the payment invoice. i have payed with paypal, but its 300usd and if i send it they will charge me soo much money.
what should i do, change the total amount? or theyll know that?

Offline cow

• Cliffhanger
  • neglect not the talents in thee............
Re: Help, customs stopped my package
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 04:33:37 PM »
you can email the company who shipped the stuff to you and get them to mail you your real invoice and email a printable version quoting cheaper prices........use the cheaper one to present to customs.......
Whatever you want in life is gonna take some effort on your part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fact is, freestyle riding was, is, and will always be evolving and moving in different directions. So just do what you want and have fun with it. Trends come and go.- TYRONE WILLIAMS

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Help, customs stopped my package
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 04:23:03 PM »
Get a contact email from the customs office, then explain the problem to the bike shop you purchased from, and ask them to send an email directly to the customs office stating that you spent $50 or something like that.

Customs taxes are so dodgy. You've already paid 5 hidden taxes minimum, all hidden in the total cost of the product and shipping. You paid tax on your money you earned, then hidden taxes from the manufacturer, the bike store and both countries shipping companies.

We go to work to earn tax to pay taxes because we get taxed on our taxes. Its attax.