Author Topic: OG Caramel 3 bars.  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
OG Caramel 3 bars.
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:26 AM »
Who has these things? Any history of them breaking much? I was thinking about getting some Chase bars, but seems like they break frequently. I suck, so my bars are gonna take the worst beating imaginable.

Offline midwestside

• Hitchhiker
Re: OG Caramel 3 bars.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 04:51:59 AM »
Caramels look pretty indestructable from the vid they had of the bike being tossed over and over. Chase bars life time warranty!!!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 04:57:22 AM »
I hear that "life time warranty" is only against manufacturer defects. That means, if you break them, it doesn't count.

I like the way these guys in Hungary make bars. The Sepy bars look awesome too.

I wanna run a front brake because I'm stupid and took my brakes off before I learned anything. So I've been using Animal Bob bars, which I love, except I cut them down, and I keep trying to find a lever to run on the bend, but nothing is working out. I've bent like every lever I have trying to get it to work out, but it just doesn't feel good.

Offline cory

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 05:13:33 AM »
 Hi. I Have been running the version 2 of the caramel bars for over 2 years and I love the  bars so much. They feel awesome,tall but not extreme tall and they are virtually indistructable. I have pretty much broken everything lol but these bars are still perfect. My favorite bars of all time for sure so I would definantly recomend them if they suite your needs and your worried about them holding up to lots of abuse.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »
Been running my Caramel v1 since 2006 and still looking stiff as hell...

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 02:21:18 PM »
I run OG stuff and love it. I have the caramel III's too, but they are so new its a bit early to ask the history of the bars regarding breaking.

A part needs to prove itself for 6 months at least before reviews can be given imo, but they have a good history in general.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
Hey thanks guys. I'll most likely be making an investment in these.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 07:09:30 PM »
Strongly consider the MTF T4 bars. they are fan-fcking-tastic. Made in USA
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »
Strongly consider the MTF T4 bars. they are fan-fcking-tastic. Made in USA

Really? 'Cause I don't remember asking about these?

Actually, I wouldn't even consider them, simply because everybody rides MTF's nuts wayyyy too hard.

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 10:56:42 PM »
I don't think bars are worth that much.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2009, 02:47:37 AM »
Mtf goodies are made when ordered. No stock. Truly a custom part and MTF stand behind their parts 100% no BS.  They will  make you imagination a reality.  

Thats no nuthuggin faggot sh*t. Thats just the truth. Few companys will make from raw stock customs.

Hahahaha.

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that MTF is the be all end all answer to flatland bmx needs. Most of this forum seems to think it is.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 02:55:44 AM by Rad255 »

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »
I trust OG stuff, especially bars, my OG 2 bars are going strong for 2 years i believe

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 02:29:51 PM »
Mtf goodies are made when ordered. No stock. Truly a custom part and MTF stand behind their parts 100% no BS.  They will  make you imagination a reality.  

Thats no nuthuggin faggot sh*t. Thats just the truth. Few companys will make from raw stock customs.

Hahahaha.

I don't know, I just find it hard to believe that MTF is the be all end all answer to flatland bmx needs. Most of this forum seems to think it is.

Word.

I would also not ever run a MTF part but would happily run the OG bars. I use OG forks and love them

Sometimes its as much about who makes the product as the product itself. I really respect the OG guys and their scene so would rather support them. As you said people ride MTF's nuts so I dont belive they are in need of support. Coupled with the fact I simply dont like their designs and the cost of their product.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

havok

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2009, 06:13:49 PM »

Hahahaha.
Word.
I would also not ever run a MTF part but would happily run the OG bars. I use OG forks and love them

Sometimes its as much about who makes the product as the product itself. I really respect the OG guys and their scene so would rather support them. As you said people ride MTF's nuts so I dont belive they are in need of support. Coupled with the fact I simply dont like their designs and the cost of their product.
this dude is british so take his opinion with a grain of salt when it comes to US companies.
i never hear anyone badmouthing MTF, which means the great majority of their
customers are happy with their products. simple.
i do like the Caramel 3 bars, don't get me wrong; but it's not a matter of MTF not being
great quality bars.  Good companies always need our support. that statement was just asinine.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2009, 07:51:22 PM »

Hahahaha.
Word.

this dude is british so take his opinion with a grain of salt when it comes to US companies.
i never hear anyone badmouthing MTF, which means the great majority of their
customers are happy with their products. simple.
i do like the Caramel 3 bars, don't get me wrong; but it's not a matter of MTF not being
great quality bars.  Good companies always need our support. that statement was just asinine.

Yeh well you're american so you should dislodge your erection from the backside of anything made in the USA.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:59:06 PM by EZChris »
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.