Author Topic: KHE Dubz issue  (Read 1206 times)

Evil_Lincoln

KHE Dubz issue
« on: August 28, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
I have some info on using KHE Dubz with a Suelo V3 frame that might help others who might use the same combination of parts...

The machined "block" of the Dubz that fits into the dropout thicker than the dropout.  It's not a fluke...one of the Dubz I had was older, and I just bought a brand new one.  They are both thicker than the dropout.

You can't leave it that way because when you tighten everything down, the extra material on the Dubz prevents everything from completely touching the dropouts.  I had my axle nuts cranked and I could still move my pegs with my bare hands.

So, I took a hacksaw and cut off about 2mm or so of the "block," nearest the axle hole.  Grinding the block down won't work because you'll grind away the tensioner bolt hole.  Anyway, after doing that I rotated the axle so that the flat parts of the locknuts were facing the tensioner, and they fit perfectly.

Just thought I'd mention this.  Maybe the Dubz work fine with other frames but I had to modify them for the Suelo.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: KHE Dubz issue
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »
Yea, I tried them on my SM Diamond, and my drop outs actually weren't long enough.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »
Yeah these Dubz are sh*t.... Im running them on my khe rip, but they say they work with 10mm axle in 14mm dropout!! What a load of sh*t, that "block" is 10mm and when put in a 14mm dropout and you do up the nuts it slips round and off the end of the dropout!! I had to make little blocks from plastic to hold them straight till they are tightened up... Waste of money i think, not well designed or well made... If i was'nt using them for the axle compensation difference then i would be all over the quamen or profile one's... :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 06:22:33 PM by khe killah »

the beard

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
I ran into this problem with Dubz on the Paris 1 also.