Author Topic: HandleBars  (Read 3920 times)

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
HandleBars
« on: March 10, 2007, 05:39:07 AM »
Yo...Im probably gettin the DK Signal and it looks like the bars aren't very good. What bars do u all ride? Im lookin into the Hoffman Momentum Bars cause they only $30, don't have any sweep and look like kool. Let me know what you think!

P.S. I don't want to spend more than $50-$60 so don't recomend London bars or anythin...Thx
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 05:40:55 AM by (B)MX_4-Ever »

Offline Mbrigade

• Funky Chicken
Re: HandleBars
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 08:03:39 AM »
Hi, im using KGB return II bars, good geo and theyre pretty light

in KGBboat,its $40

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 08:09:27 AM »
i would have to recomend buying some use bars from a bar whore.lots of ppl change bars alot when theres nothin wrong with thier bars.maybe they just didnt like the height or sweep.you will end u getting a much better bar for around the same price as a new heavier bar.also how tall r u?may want to take that in to factor also.im really short but have back problems so i like taller bars so im not bent over as much.check classifieds or post in some saying u need a good bar for cheap.see what replies you get.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 04:27:29 PM »
yeah look around for some used mountain top fab bars or some KGB sarvets. even better, quamen hiro bars.

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 11:26:18 PM »
Im like 5'7" to 5'8"
Thx 4 the advice...
MBrigade, where did u get the KGB Bars?

Budz

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 11:36:46 PM »
yea..those hoffman bars might be a little low. its all up to the individual tho. some like em really low, some really high, some right inbetween. to each their own, ya know. the more u ride the better FEEL u will get to how u want things to be.
its all trial and error. whats good for the goose isnt always good for the gander. try your friends bikes too...see what heights they are using, and compare...eventually u will find the height thats "just right" 4 ya.

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 11:50:02 PM »
Alright, so i should probably get used bars...rite?
BTW none of my friends ride flat so tryin their bikes aint gonna help much :(

Budz

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 12:56:13 AM »
Alright, so i should probably get used bars...rite?
BTW none of my friends ride flat so tryin their bikes aint gonna help much :(

it doesnt really matter whether they ride flat or not...my point was just to get an idea of what bar height feels good to you. then when u go out to buy some flat specific bars-u know what size range to look at.
its just an idea that can possibly save u from disapointment later on when u realize that ur bars are too low and giving u back-aches, or too tall where u have to do chin-ups. ^_^
the used bar idea is a good idea btw. if u can save money on a QUALITY part- go for it.  ;D
just beware of scam artists! as much as we would all like to trust everyone else, the unfortunate reality is there ARE people out there that have no problems ripping u off. its sad, but true. i you can, try and get your used parts from someone u feel comfortable with. im sure theres plenty of them on here.
above all-dont stress out, and have some fun.
c-ya in the parking lots!

Offline (B)MX_4-Ever

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 03:42:32 AM »
Hey, I C What U Mean Bout Rip Offs...Sum1 Tried To Sell Me Bar Mitzvahs for $38 (like 3-4 months old) When I Can Get Them for $40 On FF!

Budz

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 05:10:26 AM »
Hey, I C What U Mean Bout Rip Offs...Sum1 Tried To Sell Me Bar Mitzvahs for $38 (like 3-4 months old) When I Can Get Them for $40 On FF!

i actually meant -people taking your money and NOT sending u anything in return. they ARE out there...thats why i was sayin "becareful" who u send money to.
TRUST who u send hard earned money to- to minimize the chance of being ripped-off. ;)

Offline Mbrigade

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:16 PM »
Im like 5'7" to 5'8"
Thx 4 the advice...
MBrigade, where did u get the KGB Bars?

Im about your height as well, maybe a bit shorter. I got my return 2's from a local bike shop here in malaysia, maybe u should ask kgbboat.com or find second hand ones floating around

bars like sarvets,or graveyard feels a bit funny to ride for me, but everyone has different tastes and body size so its subjective.

Offline Milenko2121

• GF Inhabitant
  • "Girls come and go, but bikes are forever"
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 06:54:05 PM »
I use the mike s bar/stem combo

zero feels great since you can have the bars either way.
"Sometimes You Just Need To Do Something... Different"

Offline KineticNRG

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:26:45 PM »
I agree milenko on the mike S dragonfly bars, his bike feels pretty good with em on.
"All that brakes do is slow you down"