Author Topic: Dads r a major problem 4 flatlanders  (Read 7228 times)

Offline dkopsis

• Funky Chicken
Dads r a major problem 4 flatlanders
« on: August 23, 2009, 08:47:30 PM »
It rele sucks because whenever my dad gets pissed at me for something he decides that the best punishment is not allowing me 2 ride my bike :angry:

Unfortunatly this is very effective for him because I definetly come under the heading of obsessed when it comes to flatland. Sadly it seems like he is constatly mad at me for something and some days I don't ride.

Any advice... Or sympathy :P
"if u cant ride out then u didnt learn it."- Lurtz uruk

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Dads r a major problem 4 flatlanders
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 08:48:53 PM »
go ride at like two in the morning thats what i do  :P
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline dkopsis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:53:16 PM »
Hmm that's a good idea
I'll keep that in mind

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 09:00:52 PM »
Even though it seems harsh right now. There will be a time for you when everything comes full circle. You will realize that he wants the best for you and some day when you have children you will find taking away what they love most will get their attention when all else fails. For the time your off your bike use your energy in another part of flatland. There are pleanty of times Life tells me that I can't ride so I take that time to work on something else that will feed my passion for flatand.

Keep on Riding!

havok

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 09:18:13 PM »
Even though it seems harsh right now. There will be a time for you when everything comes full circle. You will realize that he wants the best for you and some day when you have children you will find taking away what they love most will get their attention when all else fails. For the time your off your bike use your energy in another part of flatland. There are pleanty of times Life tells me that I can't ride so I take that time to work on something else that will feed my passion for flatand.

Keep on Riding!
as a father of two...
+1,000,000

Offline dkopsis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 09:50:38 PM »
All I'm saying is that flatland is the thing I love to do most in the world right now and I feel like taking away something that I love that much is the wrong thing to do.

Maybe ur right, maybe it's just what he has to do and it's for my own good, I just don't think that keeping me from doing something that I enjoy so much, even for one day, is the best decision.

TJ Perry

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »
My parents used to take away my bike when I was younger when I did some dumb sh*t, but gradually they stopped after I explained it wasn't just about "having fun" for me and that I was trying to learn and grow. I told them it would be like taking a pencil away from an artist and that it hurts more than it helps learn any lessons.

Offline dkopsis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:59:29 PM »
Yea I don't think it'll work but I guess I should try

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 10:49:37 PM »
Your dad is trying to teach you a lesson. Whatever it is you are doing stop doing that!!! Especially if riding is a passion to you... think about things and realize if your dad didn't care about the direction you are heading or things you are doing..that he wouldn't even do something like that.

Like I said... stop doing things that piss your dad off. :)

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »
Your dad is trying to teach you a lesson. Whatever it is you are doing stop doing that!!! Especially if riding is a passion to you... think about things and realize if your dad didn't care about the direction you are heading or things you are doing..that he wouldn't even do something like that.

Like I said... stop doing things that piss your dad off. :)

+10

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 01:13:49 AM »
stop doing things that piss your dad off. :)

Offline radoaos

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 04:24:57 PM »
Fighting against your parents never turns out well.  TJ's idea of approaching them with a clear and well thought out idea of how they could alter the punishment is a good idea.  However, they have to do something to get your attention.  The easiest way to stop this from happening is for you to just not piss them off.  How old are you anyways?

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
(sarcasm mode)
Definetly, we should murder them with an knife made of ice (which melts after the usage), cut their bodies into little pieces and give it to the pigs, (pigs eat everything so only the bones will be left) and dispose the remais later in an acid bath.
Perfect crime!

And the best of all? No more stupid parents telling you you can't ride your bike.

Nice thread by the way.
(/sarcasm mode)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 05:18:42 PM by Hugo @ Portugal »

havok

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 06:28:15 PM »

(pigs eat everything so only the bones will be left)

american domestic hogs and wild boar eat bones too.
that how we get rid of deer, and even other pig, remains.
not sure what you have over there?

Offline Lurtz uruk

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 03:00:44 AM »
yea, i know how parents try to do make you stop, but after they see how much ur into it, theyll stop doing that and theyll maybe even encourage it.