Poll

Kevin or Chase?

Kevin
54 (60%)
Chase
36 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Kevin or Chase?  (Read 21882 times)

clp

Re: Kevin or Chase?
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2010, 09:08:50 PM »
I agree with the new guys doing new sh*t and getting proper credit for it.  Mattais is a beast and does some amazing tricks, no doubt about that. 

It just amongst this Old V. New debate it brings up the matter of the technology of the bikes themselves.  I think we can agree that if Kevin and Chase started on 20 pound bikes the riding we would do today would be even crazier...

no we cant agree on that thats bullsh*t that doesnt even make sense .Your just another noob in a long line obsessed with matthias .Personally love both kevin and chase but have to give it to chase for pushing boundries just for e-clips alone not only is that sh*t still untouched massively even by your prescious trendy idols but it appears just so driven by determination to truly master every variation within a couple areas , anyone who can take decades and whiplashes and turn it into a such an epic quest gets my vote anyday .

Offline Mortarman

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 03:19:55 AM »
your right, i'm a total noob.  I've never met a single other rider in my life...and i obsess of Mattais...wrong, really wrong.  I can't deny Mattais's tricks, he's super good...so is york uno, hiro, steve mulder, etc...

if it doesn't make sense, much like your response, then re-reading what I wrote initially might shed some light on it all. 

Kevin and Chase didn't start on 20 pound bikes (right?) the tricks they would have had wired would be different if the bikes were different.  But there is an 'if' in the sentence.  At no point do i discredit what kevin or chase have done for the sport.  "...the riding we would do today would be even crazier..."  I'm sorry that sentence was so ambiguous.  I thought it would come across as: kevin and chase were crazy, the riding today is crazy. 

I've been riding for just under 15 years.  Yeah I'm a noob, I've never had an EP.

PO

Offline Jason Rideout

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 03:59:40 AM »
your right, i'm a total noob.  I've never met a single other rider in my life...and i obsess of Mattais...wrong, really wrong.  I can't deny Mattais's tricks, he's super good...so is york uno, hiro, steve mulder, etc...

if it doesn't make sense, much like your response, then re-reading what I wrote initially might shed some light on it all. 

Kevin and Chase didn't start on 20 pound bikes (right?) the tricks they would have had wired would be different if the bikes were different.  But there is an 'if' in the sentence.  At no point do i discredit what kevin or chase have done for the sport.  "...the riding we would do today would be even crazier..."  I'm sorry that sentence was so ambiguous.  I thought it would come across as: kevin and chase were crazy, the riding today is crazy. 

I've been riding for just under 15 years.  Yeah I'm a noob, I've never had an EP.

PO
the bikes in the 80's were around 28 to 30 lbs. in the 90's is when they started getting heavy. :beer:
does where's waldo ride a fixie?

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »
I think everyone should watch the dorkin' in york videos.  That riding change flatland, I'm glad too because smooth rolling beats peg hops.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.