Poll

Kevin or Chase?

Kevin
54 (60%)
Chase
36 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: Kevin or Chase?  (Read 21891 times)

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Kevin or Chase?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »
Andrew came along a little later than Kevin and Chase did, but that was a dope run.  And he was like twice as good as that when he quit.

Offline laughingmonkey

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »
Chase.
-------            --------
         \         /
           ------
           \___/

----  .__o
----- _-\_<,
---  (*)/'(*)

TJ Perry

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009, 09:17:17 PM »
We haven't even established what this contest is about.

Clearly this is about Parcheesi.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009, 10:48:16 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP9MYofBeTQ[/youtube]
Fluckin ell, never seen this clip before at 3.13/14
holy shee-it!
Flat-ism

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 10:56:32 PM »

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 11:20:12 PM »
Oh...my....god.  Faris was like totally wearing brown shoes with a like black belt and black walkman.  And, his cranks totally didn't match his frame!  I can't believe he rode a frame with thick tubing and a platform.  I bet that totally weighed a ton.  Like for sure, he wore a polo shirt on top of all that for flatland?  That was the right lingo right?

Actually, I was just F'n with everyone.  See, it doesnt matter what you wear or what you ride.  If he came out in a clown suite it really wouldnt matter.  He was one of the best.  He's probably forgot more tricks than I ever dreamed of thought about doing.  I really miss seeing what that dude came up with next. 

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYHVPRc5mho[/youtube]

Offline charlh5

• Cliffhanger
    • http://flatlandlatino.tk
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 11:48:54 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2r9fnFYYkY[/youtube]

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 02:11:17 AM »
Some amazing vids posted there Charl.  ;D  :beer:
Faris rides with both brakes and makes the brake style look really good, utilizing the brakes for a big variety of tricks.  :mellow:

Offline jmctigret

• Backpacker
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 02:25:09 AM »
 I say Kevin Jones and I know Chase would say the same thing.

Listen to Chase talk about Kevin in this first video part

leçons de flat avec chase gouin part1 Small | Large

Offline bob-o

• Backpacker
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 04:06:34 AM »
i know im gonna get bashed bacause of my statement but i realy dont see nothing special in oldschool riding. and thats why i couldnt vote cause its all same to me. i respect it cause otherwise there wouldnt be modern day flatland and all that but guys cmon, lets spin so our heats go off haha.

put it this way..if it wasn't for old school tricks you wouldn't be riding today.show some respect and go watch dorkin...  also, how can you say it's all the same when bitd the basic rider rode RAMP,STREET AND FLAT..that takes skill if you ask me.

today your average rider only does one or the other. so, i'd say it was not all the same and very technical for it's time.. :beer:

now go watch DORKIN...
FLATLAND FUEL ROCKS !!!!!

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 04:22:33 AM »
i know im gonna get bashed bacause of my statement but i realy dont see nothing special in oldschool riding. and thats why i couldnt vote cause its all same to me. i respect it cause otherwise there wouldnt be modern day flatland and all that but guys cmon, lets spin so our heats go off haha.

put it this way..if it wasn't for old school tricks you wouldn't be riding today.show some respect and go watch dorkin...  also, how can you say it's all the same when bitd the basic rider rode RAMP,STREET AND FLAT..that takes skill if you ask me.

today your average rider only does one or the other. so, i'd say it was not all the same and very technical for it's time.. :beer:

now go watch DORKIN...

Mark Eaton talks about all the different riding styles of people in the vids.  Even Mark and Kevin had different styles though they rode together all the time.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline midwestside

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 05:06:00 AM »

now go watch DORKIN...

I totally agree with the all around rider thing. I bought my first modern flat bike around 2004.
I found it strange that there was more or less a divide between street/vert/flat.
The modern flat scene seemed so alien to me in the way it was self contained.
I also agree that Old school riding set the foundations for modern riding.
Kevin invented the hang 5, Eaton invented the steamroller and whiplash.
All that aside, I think some of us older guys Idolize these guys because we were around to see these as ground breaking tricks. And Just as we have our idols, the newer generation have theirs in seeing new things being created out of these 'basic' tricks.
Its exactly the same as classic rock heads talking about how modern music sucks and if it wasn't for the classics, you wouldn't be listening to modern rock or whatever.

Offline bob-o

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 05:11:39 AM »

now go watch DORKIN...

I totally agree with the all around rider thing. I bought my first modern flat bike around 2004.
I found it strange that there was more or less a divide between street/vert/flat.
The modern flat scene seemed so alien to me in the way it was self contained.
I also agree that Old school riding set the foundations for modern riding.
Kevin invented the hang 5, Eaton invented the steamroller and whiplash.
All that aside, I think some of us older guys Idolize these guys because we were around to see these as ground breaking tricks. And Just as we have our idols, the newer generation have theirs in seeing new things being created out of these 'basic' tricks.
Its exactly the same as classic rock heads talking about how modern music sucks and if it wasn't for the classics, you wouldn't be listening to modern rock or whatever.

i totally agree..... every generation is different.  :beer:
FLATLAND FUEL ROCKS !!!!!

Offline david hasselhoff

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 08:54:05 PM »
i thinks its like asking who do you like more your mother or your father