Author Topic: Dk Opsis VS KHE Miltant AF/FF  (Read 4515 times)

Offline Chamil

• Forkglider
Dk Opsis VS KHE Miltant AF/FF
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:54:27 PM »
Hey I'm new to Flatland, and thinking of getting a bike. which one should I get and Reason Being?

Re: Dk Opsis VS KHE Miltant AF/FF
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
theres no really rite or wrong answer 2 behonest its all down to the person

Offline Chamil

• Forkglider
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »
What would be your Opinion, Like quality and Geo? and stuff like that?

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 09:16:44 PM »
alright

ill give you my opinion. i have the militant ff at the moment and kinda regret it at the moment.
i like the geo of the militant. but the stem is so small and weak, i already broke mine after a couple months.  the opsis stem is nice and strong. the militant doesnt come with 3 piece cranks (which you would end up getting anyways) while the opsis does. when replacing the 1 piece crank on my militant, i also had to get new pedals and bb.
so i ended up spending more than i wanted just to ride.

i would go with the opsis..
Signing out...

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 10:25:34 PM »
Dunno if you're awear, but you other options, like the Balance from OG ;)

havok

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 10:48:54 PM »
i don't own either but my vote goes to the opsis.

Offline GREEDY

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 06:15:19 AM »
I was in the same position not too long ago. I had a Haro n bought a DK Signal frame and switched the parts over. I wanted to get a Militant also. The Opsis should be ok for the money. I'm not too sure how diff the Opsis is from the Signal. But i like the signal frame. It's pretty tough. And Is perfect to me for riding around town without worrying about the frame breaking. I didn't like it at first cause it felt small. But I'm sure the Militant is too. After I got use to it I actually dig it alot! Just my opinion. If your a starter, It will get you more for the buck i think.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 06:25:35 PM »
Opsis has a slimmer frame than the signal. I vote the DK as well however, but if u can afford it, the OG complete comes with top notch frame, fork, bars and stem with a 1pc crank vs the opsis' 3 pc and inferior aforementioned components. My friend had some freecoaster issues with his OG but that may have just been a fluke since they are both taska fc's. DK has a longer frame and offset fork compared to the OG's 0 offset fork.
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)