Author Topic: KGB Runkai/Taska U-Free/Ares Boo 2 Hubs  (Read 8540 times)

KGB Runkai/Taska U-Free/Ares Boo 2 Hubs
« on: August 14, 2009, 03:46:41 AM »
Much thanks Furball. I thought this would be useful to whoever is in the market for a freecoaster hub.

:beer:  -_-  :beer:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:23:43 AM by ~Alfreds Quamen~ »

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
Re: KGB Runkai(?)to users
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:16:39 AM »
Can anyone running a KGB Runkai confirm wether or not it's a similar design to both the Ares Boo 2 and Taska U-Free. I ran a search and the answer is still mirky. I read it's different internally but, none has yet to show or even tell how exactly.

Time for Global's former bicyclopedia to chime in. :wacko:

Similar? The Taska U-free, Ares Boo 2 and the KGB Runkai are all made by Taska. They're all the same!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 04:21:50 AM by Furball »
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
Re: KGB Runkai/Taska U-Free/Ares Boo 2 Hubs
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 04:36:20 AM »
Snap! The price on those $140 KGB's should be dropping any time now.How much are the Ares? :huh:

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 04:39:43 AM »
^^Was $150. Now $120.
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 04:48:47 AM »
Duped!!!

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 09:07:24 AM »
It doesn't seem like a big deal that a number of companies are using the Taska in their lineup. KHE's internals are all over the place. I run the U-Free, and it works great. It would be nice to see KGB and Ares design their own unique Taska-compatible hub shells like Federal and Alienation did, but at the same time, you can't fault them because that costs quite a bit to do. At least anyone buying a freecoaster from any of these companies can be confident it'll work well. The U-Free has been the smoothest and most reliable fc I've run so far...

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 03:20:27 AM »
^ +1

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
Hey guys ill be having these soon message me if you guys are in need of one.  Thanks.  :beer:

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=36039.0

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 05:24:22 AM »
I got the taska u free when it first came out like a year + ago  and its been running awesome.  its actually better than any other freecoaster hub ive owned so far.
and its realley light weight to boot.

the stock greese in the hub only lasted about a month before needing a full bearing flush and re grease    but other than that...   mine is running daily for the past year on all its stock pieces with no broken bearings or anything.     and still works awesome.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline infeCt3d

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
I got the taska u free when it first came out like a year + ago  and its been running awesome.  its actually better than any other freecoaster hub ive owned so far.
and its realley light weight to boot.

the stock greese in the hub only lasted about a month before needing a full bearing flush and re grease    but other than that...   mine is running daily for the past year on all its stock pieces with no broken bearings or anything.     and still works awesome.

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=36039.0

getting them soon... BLACK AND SILVER AVAILABLE... and spare axles for SALE!!! wooooot!
shipping cost will be whatever it cost to send to you... Ive already sold 3 parts fill free to message them  :beer: alfred is one.  and he started this thread

Offline DennyPhiL

• Cliffhanger
  • Goodbye Flatland, hello Freestyle.
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 06:06:42 AM »
Scrapbikes 8T needle bearing inside the cogs

Kuoppa Gomez Bikes

Offline dereketheRED

• Funky Chicken
  • Derek
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 10:45:46 AM »