Author Topic: Can we take the Gay out of flatland?  (Read 49951 times)

Offline the duke

• Hitchhiker
  • Word
Can we take the Gay out of flatland?
« on: August 13, 2009, 07:49:27 AM »
If your gay? That's fine but why does flatland have to be so gay?

Baco crew was no acception but atleast you kinda new they were kidding around?

I mean its already a little fruity but with all the pink, gym shorts, girl pants, shirtless dudes in advertisements? Girl bikes with bent top tubes? WTF? This is not helping!

Not trying to offend anyone one but I think we need to toughen up our image a little!

I love flatland but I'm almost ashamed :)

Feel free to respond with your opinions.

Duke

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Can we take the Gay out of flatland?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:54:26 AM »
Bearforce1 videoclip Small | Large

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 07:54:49 AM »
If your gay? That's fine but why does flatland have to be so gay?

Baco crew was no acception but atleast you kinda new they were kidding around?

I mean its already a little fruity but with all the pink, gym shorts, girl pants, shirtless dudes in advertisements? Girl bikes with bent top tubes? WTF? This is not helping!

Not trying to offend anyone one but I think we need to toughen up our image a little!

I love flatland but I'm almost ashamed :)

Feel free to respond with your opinions.

Duke

Exactly my thoughts!

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 07:57:52 AM »

For the record, to anyone who actually thought I was ripping on gay people with my post...the gay acquaintance who showed me that video said, "I think this just set back gay rights 20 years".

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 07:59:34 AM »
In B4 fightclub.  ^_^

Offline laughingmonkey

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »
dude you are not helping your own cause with that pic of you on the unicycle.  Unicycles are gayer than anything.
-------            --------
         \         /
           ------
           \___/

----  .__o
----- _-\_<,
---  (*)/'(*)

TJ Perry

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 08:40:26 AM »
You do realize that most riders riding in tight fitting jeans are not wearing girl pants right?

You also realize that you can't open a skateboarding catalog without the same jeans being plastered everywhere right? The same goes for street and park.

What the hell does it even mean to toughen up our image, and why does it matter what type of pants someone rides in?

Why don't remove part whores first, and dudes who ride hard but wear tighter jeans last?

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 08:41:02 AM »
Let's look over some of these "gay" accusations and see if at least one of said accusations would not be functional for flatland.

#1: Girl/Tight pants.  With the pant leg wrapped quite closely to the shin and ankle, with the crotch area not baggy at all, failed tricks due to pants rubbing on the tire, or seat and handlebars catching on baggy crotch or baggy pant in general is no longer an issue.

#2: Gym shorts.  Is it "gay" to wear gym shorts to work out? to play or practice basketball/tennis/baseball/football/soccer/running/etc.?  If so, I'll be informing every physically active individual who purchases or wears gym short that they are now the image of a homosexual.

#3: The color pink.  Any and all males owning an object that is the color pink is now considered to be "gay."

#4: Shirtless guys in advertisements.  Please inform Menhealth magazine, GQ, Maxim, Sports Illustrated, and any other magazine that portrays a very cut, muscular man that their images of those men make their magazine's subject "gay."

But then again, what do I know?  I wear girl pants, and gym shorts for riding, and have been in a flatlandfuel ad that ran in several Cream magazine issues doing a shirtless, x foot hang ten.  I'm sorry I'm not manly enough for flatland.  After today, I will no longer partake in flatland.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

TJ Perry

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 08:43:22 AM »
I would also like to know your opinion on Chase riding naked and in his underwear. Surely this is "gay" too so I would like you to include a condemnation of Chase in the original post to suit your stance.

TJ Perry

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:47:25 AM »
But then again, what do I know?  I wear girl pants, and gym shorts for riding, and have been in a flatlandfuel ad that ran in several Cream magazine issues doing a shirtless, x foot hang ten.  I'm sorry I'm not manly enough for flatland.  After today, I will no longer partake in flatland.

Tyler you send me messages about busting loads on AIM. You're gay. Your "girlfriend" will back me up on this. :P

Offline Bring The Lulz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 08:50:12 AM »
we should be more like this

MANtage Small | Large
;D

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 08:51:18 AM »

Tyler you send me messages about busting loads on AIM. You're gay. Your "girlfriend" will back me up on this. :P

:wub:
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 08:56:33 AM »
LOL... ;D...i wish i could type something intelligent about this really fooking, ignorant post, but i can't..........what a STOOPID POST!!!  however, riding in your underwear can suck, cuz of all those really HARD, protruding surfaces on the bike.... :wub: 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:00:18 AM by råbe »

Offline Oltorf

• Cliffhanger
  • It's time to get serious!
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 09:25:03 AM »
Let's look over some of these "gay" accusations and see if at least one of said accusations would not be functional for flatland.

#1: Girl/Tight pants.  With the pant leg wrapped quite closely to the shin and ankle, with the crotch area not baggy at all, failed tricks due to pants rubbing on the tire, or seat and handlebars catching on baggy crotch or baggy pant in general is no longer an issue.

#2: Gym shorts.  Is it "gay" to wear gym shorts to work out? to play or practice basketball/tennis/baseball/football/soccer/running/etc.?  If so, I'll be informing every physically active individual who purchases or wears gym short that they are now the image of a homosexual.

#3: The color pink.  Any and all males owning an object that is the color pink is now considered to be "gay."

#4: Shirtless guys in advertisements.  Please inform Menhealth magazine, GQ, Maxim, Sports Illustrated, and any other magazine that portrays a very cut, muscular man that their images of those men make their magazine's subject "gay."

I agree with Tyler, I enjoy seeing his passion pour out of him like this. you should cum back to Texas as soon as you can. Having you here was amazing, it made us all stiff from practice and exercise... we never wanted to get off so bad, after riding so hard... just thinking about it makes my ass muscles cramp up again. god they were sooooo sore. haha how about yours??
Sickchild           Sequence                    bmxfreestyler.com                           720 Action Sports

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 09:36:05 AM »
If we had a rep system here, I'd rep theduke for awesome troll.

/takes seat, gets popcorn for the show