Author Topic: Balance tips for rolling tricks?  (Read 3545 times)

Offline ground2air

• Forkglider
Balance tips for rolling tricks?
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:58:44 PM »
I have been riding many many years and never got the rolling tricks down! I am still stuck in the 80's with my flatland and want to progress to newer tricks. I am looking for advice to help with learning the balance point and bike set up.
I am riding a 2008 Strowler 19.75 with odyssey zero ofset forks. I am 6"3" tall and 180# The bike feels good. What kind of bar height and angle should I run compared to the forks? I like a little sweep, I figured that out. Ill listen to any bike set up ideas. Oh yes I do run both brakes.
Thanks Ric

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Balance tips for rolling tricks?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
try finding a spot that has a gentle slope, practice rolling tricks towards the downhill section, so you wouldn't scrub too much speed off and lose your balance.
it's mostly about finding a "sweet spot" in terms of rolling speed and balance; and fighting the fear of not having control over the bike by not scuffing/ having your foot on the tire and resisting the urge to tap the brakes, especially if you still have simple green cleaned chrome rims and soft brake pads.
the easiest rolling trick i can think of is axle wheelie/ dork wheelie, manuels and fork glides.