Author Topic: Trevlon Hall BMX Freestyle Flatground Opening  (Read 9560 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Trevlon Hall BMX Freestyle Flatground Opening
« on: August 04, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »
About 10 days ago the first official flatland spot on the planet opened it´s door in Trinidad and Tobago. Great news! Some of you may have followed the story of Trevlon Hall in Cream or online. He fought hard for this project and finally succeeded!

Trevlon was so kind to write an article about the opening event and also sent some articles from the local newspapers.

Check out everything here: Trevlon Hall BMX Freestyle Flatground

Prasheel

Re: Trevlon Hall BMX Freestyle Flatground Opening
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 11:22:46 PM »
Any plans for an international contest anytime soon?  That is something I'd be very interested in making it to!

Offline surfour20

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 11:39:14 PM »
you guys should just get ALL THE SPONSERS and throw the biggest FLATLAND EVENT EVERRR AND DO IT EVERY YEAR >>> YEAAAAAAAAA  :beer:

katobmx

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 11:40:54 PM »
Any plans for an international contest anytime soon?  That is something I'd be very interested in making it to!
me too a good excuse to visit family every year  ;D

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:12:27 AM »
Flatland needs more people like Trevoln, Alain, and Jesse. Flatland is not only about big contests. They are cool, yes, but flatland needs to grow in infrastructure to push more people to get involved in the sport.

katobmx

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 04:10:39 AM »
Flatland needs more people like Trevoln, Alain, and Jesse. Flatland is not only about big contests. They are cool, yes, but flatland needs to grow in infrastructure to push more people to get involved in the sport.
+1 one we need alot of stuff. Kyle Madray told me Alain gave his bike to who he saw as one of the best riders out there.  :mellow:

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 04:31:19 AM »
Yes, that's true. I had a chat with Trevlon a couple of days ago and he also told me that.

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
Two things the U.S. will never have: public health care and public flatland spots.  :P

the beard

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 08:34:59 PM »
Never say never. Big props, Trevlon!

Offline Luis Elías

• Team
  • Deathtrucker
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 08:41:02 PM »
Only 8 f*cking posts??  :angry: Come on people, this is HISTORY! This thread should be full of "thank you Trevlon for making such a BIG thing happen". I guess people are more focused on criticizing things than on giving props to someone who deserves recognition  :angry:

havok

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 08:51:04 PM »
big props to Trevlon ;D

Offline rotary_phone_dialer

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 11:48:29 PM »
Only 8 f*cking posts??  :angry: Come on people, this is HISTORY! This thread should be full of "thank you Trevlon for making such a BIG thing happen". I guess people are more focused on criticizing things than on giving props to someone who deserves recognition  :angry:

Agreed, Trevlon is doing some MONUMENTAL things, not only for flatland, but in getting the infrastructure built to get the government to build public spots for sports besides tennis and basketball!
http://www.innertwineclothing.com - Flatland Team  - Jesse Puente, Pete Brandt, Trevlon Hall and Eric Wright

Offline tafkat

• GF Inhabitant
    • Jon Lavigne Dot com
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 12:05:16 AM »
this is great, looking forward to the huge surge in great riders from there.  ;D :beer:

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 02:00:53 PM »
Wow!  :mellow: A world first. We need more of this, and more people like Trevlon. Flatland is not a widely recognized sport with finding whatever available flat spot our only option, often considered trespassing. Creating flatland specific riding areas is an outstanding achievment.

Congrats Trevlon, more power to you.  :beer:

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
Never say never. Big props, Trevlon!

Hey Prana...what do you think the possibility would be of us getting a flat only spot in the ATX?  I mean, consider it seriously.  We have one of the biggest flat scenes in North America, not to mention one of the biggest BMX scenes in the world.  I don't think JUST flatlanders could get something built here, but maybe with the full backing of the whole BMX scene we could.  Plus, Austin is very bike friendly.  We don't necessarily have to have our own spot...but what if we really push for a flatland area in any future skateparks built?

I have some friends who skate that really, really pushed for a skatepark to be built here in San Marcos...and they went to all the city council meetings, with the FULL support of a ton of skateboarders.  What if we did things like this?  They got it done after many years of the city saying "no" to them...but they were persistent.  The problem with the skatepark here is that NOT enough BMXer's showed up to make them allow bikes aswell.  Kind of a bummer.

Anywho, I think it's great that Trevlon got this park going.  It's inspirational to see that with enough hard work, you can make things happen.  Would love to see that here.
"A puppet no more!"