Author Topic: WORLD BMX BATTLE leicester 26th july  (Read 8017 times)

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
WORLD BMX BATTLE leicester 26th july
« on: July 29, 2009, 11:39:53 AM »
cant beleive this hasnt been spoke about , what a comp! it was a battle contest, no qualifyers, just knock out battles, if u lost your out, if you won you went through to next round, top 4 were
1- keelan
2-james white
3- phil dolan
4- effraim
but there were around 18 riders which was a real good turnout
few words from keelan:
we did practise in the real busy city center on the sat followed by a show at leicesters football stadium infront of 27,000 people haha, followed by a night out in town so everyone could spend there demo money on beer!
we had a scheduled spot to ride in the city center, but it rained so we took everything into my sisters dance studio, the d.j, people, the announcer, cameras and all riders..everything and it was sick!!
i havent rode in a comp for over a year cuz busy doin shows, so i was real exited bout this, and the riding that went down was insane,loads of rippers from the u.k turned up, so big thanks to everyone for that, jay forde was bustin out all weekend he was a crowd favourite, i pushed lee musselwhite into riding in the comp and he busted out too,1 of the highlights was lee's battle against phil, it was around 15 minutes and was crazy! i ended up in the final against james white, who i didnt wanna ride against, he was bustin out his video tricks all weekend real smooth an good to watch, somehow i won! which was a bonus after a really stressful weekend, and ive been to a few comps with nothing to take home, so before contest myself and lee had some sick trophies made for top 3 along with bottle of champagne, all in all a realy good contest that i really enjoyed, the riders all put in loads of effort and the riding was amazing!! and the atmosphere in the hall was so good, a big thanks to all the riders that came for it i appreciate it,cheers, keelan  (vids and pics soon to come)

Offline morgan

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Old fool on an old tool
Re: WORLD BMX BATTLE leicester 26th july
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 11:52:35 AM »
I'm on it Lee!  Almost finished the article, and pics are on the way... I had aabout a thousand to get through!

Up here in the next 48 hours...

It was good, wasn't it...
More off than on, but still loving it! Flatland until you can't!

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:44:15 PM »
 ;D ;D It was unbelievable, an honour and am so happy i was part of this!!!! The vibe was so dope, positive and fun! Keelan repped and repped good that guy must eat 3 Shredded wheat on a mornin or somethin the guy is BADASS Karl Kruzer from the DT? Oh gosh!!! (My GF wantin to call bambino Keelan!!) . Just wanna send a massive BIG THE F*** UP to everyone that was there. KEEP IT FRESH KEEP IT FUN KEEP IT FLAT!!

Offline maddo

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:21:59 PM »
Yeah, fantastic!  A couple of us drove there Sunday afternoon, saw one five-minute battle, got wet, the announcer then said it had been cancelled, the riders cleared off, and we drove home.  What a day!  Absolutely amazing!  Can't wait for the next one!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 03:23:56 PM by maddo »

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 04:52:26 PM »
Yeah, fantastic!  A couple of us drove there Sunday afternoon, saw one five-minute battle, got wet, the announcer then said it had been cancelled, the riders cleared off, and we drove home.  What a day!  Absolutely amazing!  Can't wait for the next one!

Dang dude, There must of been a breakdown in communication...as it seemed to me like everyone knew it was being moved to the Dance Studio...well amongst all the riders anyhow. Hope you didn't have to drive from too far afield.

Anyway, what Lee/Keelan said, Turned out it was a epic afternoon afterall.
Shame you missed it.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:55:15 PM by Flatlandism »
Flat-ism

Phatman

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 09:42:59 PM »
I believe Blindingsun was one of those 18 other riders too.

Offline justfour

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 01:15:17 AM »
I believe Blindingsun was one of those 18 other riders too.

If only, we had to head back up Sunday before the comp due to miscommunication regarding the timings of the finals - damn shame really. Saturday was cool though :mellow:

Offline FullTilt

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 01:37:37 AM »
Cant believe i missed this. live 15 minutes away on the train.

I'm such a tit.

Offline CaptainKenya

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
Yes it was an epic weekend. . . .
I'm currently editing what i captured of the event. I should be able to post something in the next few days...
Cant believe i missed this. live 15 minutes away on the train.

You cant be far from me then I;m Derby ways. Generally always ride solo. so hooking up at some point would be cool...?

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
World BMX Battle - 25/26 July, Leicester, UK
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 09:15:49 PM »
The World BMX Battle went down in Leicester (my home town…) last weekend (25/26 July), and was the best weekend of BMX in my life so far.  Saturday shaped up really well, with an amazing turnout of riders, excellent weather, big crowds and big tricks.

Like a kid in a sweet shop, I felt VERY excited about the prospect of some amazing riding, good times, photos and fun.  I wasn’t disappointed…

Full story: World BMX Battle report

Results:
1st Keelan Phillips
2nd James White
3rd phil Dolan
4th Effraim Catlow

Offline VojTECH

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2009, 09:42:56 PM »
Keelan, if the guy in the article is Marcelo Nardi "Pastel" then he's not Hungarian - he comes from Brazil.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2009, 10:23:36 PM »
Keelan, if the guy in the article is Marcelo Nardi "Pastel" then he's not Hungarian - he comes from Brazil.
Tru that.
Cool report!
Thx
Flat-ism

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 10:30:47 PM »
yeah good report mate, was a bangin comp

Offline keelan

• Funky Chicken