Author Topic: Deep BMX - The Blitz  (Read 16950 times)

Offline Badman

• Hitchhiker
Re: Deep BMX - The Blitz
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 10:37:42 AM »
the turbing is rocatangle for
moduili of cranks' spindle as accept.

the last time such elegance was achieved in human communication could have only been moments before god struck down man and shattered the tower of babel.

Gold.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 02:54:27 PM »
cause that would be a pretty stupid thing to do here in germany, see, with our historical background and sh1t...

it worked well you know.

i mean granted you don't want people to think that a german frame is going to end up costing millions of lives throughout eastern europe and russia. just think about it, a big iron cross on the headtube or something.

Don't confuse an Iron Cross with na*ism...it was around long before the na*i's.  Well, the Swastika was as well...but it's been banned in Germany.  Actually, in skateboarding the Iron Cross has been used as an image by several brands over the years, with no huge backlash.

On to the topic at hand.  I think this might be a pretty nice frame, but I personally have a hard time justifying paying anything over $400 US dollars for a frame.  While I can appreciate a good quality frame and having choices out there, I kind of feel like we need more low end(lower price) frames out there, so the new comers can get their feet wet, before dropping a butt load of money on a bike.  I can imagine everyone might be a bit reluctant to spend that much money on a brand that has yet to establish itself.  I guess with anything...time will tell.   
"A puppet no more!"

TJ Perry

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 02:58:50 PM »

Don't confuse an Iron Cross with na*ism...it was around long before the na*i's.  Well, the Swastika was as well...but it's been banned in Germany.  Actually, in skateboarding the Iron Cross has been used as an image by several brands over the years, with no huge backlash.

oh i guess all those medals of valor they gave out during the war were on behalf of the black cross (which is like the red cross except it's for unspeakable evil or some willy nilly like that) and were not iron crosses at all.

the beard

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 03:43:39 PM »
Lifetime warranties are worth a little extra $$ IMO.  It's impossible to tell how well a frame rides or holds up through pictures, but based purely on looks, I'm in love.  The design is killer and very strong.  Props to Deep for coming in with a very appealing offering straight out of the box.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 04:58:48 PM »

oh i guess all those medals of valor they gave out during the war were on behalf of the black cross (which is like the red cross except it's for unspeakable evil or some willy nilly like that) and were not iron crosses at all.

Which war?  The Napoleaonic, Franco-Prussian...maybe the first World War?  The same could be said about any medal for valor and heroism, regardless of nationality.  Speaking of which, the Iron Cross could be awarded to any person, not just of German nationality.   

But yes, most people associate it with racist BS, so I see your point.  It's unfortunate to see the German people still associated(stigmatized) with such a dreadful period in their countries history.

Sorry for being off topic. 
"A puppet no more!"

TJ Perry

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 05:15:45 PM »
they gave out iron crosses in World War Two. You know, the one that the na*is were involved with. What other na*i war would I be referring to?

okay lets stop talking about na*is. :(

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 05:36:23 PM »
ye stop talking about na*is, there might be jews on the forum

;D

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »
Personally I think this frame is beautiful. Does it fill any voids in what we already have, no, but beautiful, nonetheless. Unfortunately for me, I suck too bad to get used to the 74* HA. LOL
As far as price, several of the 09's are at or above the $300.00 mark. If you really like the frame, whats another $100.00? And thats only if you're not already interested in the Cube or the ABT which is already in that price range.
As far as reputation, its already been stated that they are simply using a design thats already been somewhat proven so the fact that they are new may or may not be that big of a deal. Some of the established companies frames are not holding up that well either.
On the topic of being worth more for a lifetime warranty, I dont necessarily agree. Ive seen complaints from different people against almost every company regarding getting frames warrantied and how picky the companies can be. Ive personally not dealt with this, but have read complaints from others. Not to mention, "Lifetime warranty" doesnt carry much juice from a brand new company in the bike business. There is no telling how long the company will be around.
That all being said, I think if you are in the market for a new high end frame, and like the geometry of this frame and the looks, go for it. I myself would probably buy one if it wasnt for the HA.
-M
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Offline ItSnotjavi22

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »
can someone explain what crimped and capped ends are,  and why one of them sucks? and from what ive read here, dont euro bb suck? also did anyone factor in shipping costs tacked on to that price.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2009, 04:59:17 PM »
Doesn't it say Free Shipping