Author Topic: Masterclasses from Martti Kuoppa  (Read 8686 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Masterclasses from Martti Kuoppa
« on: November 09, 2004, 09:58:19 PM »
Some of the flatlanders already read about it on the dutch flatland related sites.
Martti Kuoppa himself is coming to Holland from november 15 - 21!!! Daredevul made it possible for all the Dutch riders to come to Utrecht and take lessons from Mr. Kuoppa.
Ofcourse Martti will show some of his awsome tricks, but he is here to make it possible for us to take the level of riding even higher.
It´ll cost only 5 euroos for one session (2 or 3 hours), 10 euroos for a complete day (3 sessions) or 35 euroos (which will be for minimal 15 sessions).
Check out: http://www.daredevul.nl for more info.

I (PimRitsel) will be there ofcourse, and like you´d expect i´ll try to make some pics and write a nice article about it.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 10:10:07 PM by martin »

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 10:14:25 PM »
I (PimRitsel) will be there ofcourse, and like you´d expect i´ll try to make some pics and write a nice article about it.

Sounds great! I look forward to your article and some nice pics (?) .. :)

But I think it's a bit strange and capitalistic if people have to pay to ride a session with somebody lol or do I missunderstand that ? .. what do you think ?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 10:14:38 PM by martin »

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 12:25:47 PM »
you do misunderstand it.

why is it capitalistic when you have to pay for lessons???
When you go to school, you have to pay for it. When you take tennislessons you have to pay for it, so why would this be any different?

Besides the location, It justs costs money to get martti here.... i mean, there are certain bills like the hotel, and flying ticket that needs to be paid.  So we just have to pay him the payment of expenses.  So in my opinion it's not strange to pay for lessons.

How many upportunities do you get to ride with one of the top flatlanders in the world, that will give you advice to improve your skills? and besides that, the costs aren't that much considdering what you get for it.

Greetz -Pim Ritsel-
Sander

ps: you read the article so i figured you'd read my email to you aswell. I hope you'll change the things I asked for in that mail.  

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 04:15:20 PM »
you do misunderstand it.

why is it capitalistic when you have to pay for lessons???
When you go to school, you have to pay for it. When you take tennislessons you have to pay for it, so why would this be any different?

Besides the location, It justs costs money to get martti here.... i mean, there are certain bills like the hotel, and flying ticket that needs to be paid.  So we just have to pay him the payment of expenses.  So in my opinion it's not strange to pay for lessons.

How many upportunities do you get to ride with one of the top flatlanders in the world, that will give you advice to improve your skills? and besides that, the costs aren't that much considdering what you get for it.

Greetz -Pim Ritsel-
Sander

ps: you read the article so i figured you'd read my email to you aswell. I hope you'll change the things I asked for in that mail.
hm yeah somehow you are right. maybe it was a bit to late for me yesterday  ;)

of course I got your email but had to do a lot of stuff today for school so I'll make the changes in the evening .....  thank you for writing this article in the news :)

Offline ziggy

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 05:46:29 PM »
sounds great.
i would be cool if there where more possibilities like this (also in austria).
but in vienna i can make session with michi sommer - that's also cool ;)

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 06:44:55 PM »
sounds great.
i would be cool if there where more possibilities like this (also in austria).
but in vienna i can make session with michi sommer - that's also cool ;)
If you can make an agreement with Michael Sommer about giving lessons to flatlanders i certainly would o it if I where you. Besides the fact it's fun, it helps you to improve the standart level  of riding.

The guy that made this happening possible (sjoerd from daredevul) made an agreement with the local governement that they give him an certain amount of money to get a pro bmxer to holland. The local government is very supportive towards bmxers over there...

To bad my local government is a huge bitch considering flatlanding...  :angry:

So every year there should be an event kinda like this one.
If this first edition of the Flatacademy will be a succes the next editions will be even better and better. So i hope this first one will be a great succes.

Greetz -Pim Ritsel-
Sander

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2004, 08:38:17 PM »
Hi pim

is there anybody that could tell a bit more about that hole idea ? It sounds quite interesting .. maybe we should have a little article about that idea to inform people what's going in the netherlands ...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2004, 08:39:26 PM by martin »

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 07:24:32 PM »
What more do you want and need to know?
I don't understand what I could tell more then everything what i already told you...

but just ask anything you want to know, and i'll try to answer them myself or ask them to somebody who can give me the answer so i can give the answer back to you... <_<

anyway, just ask, and i'll do my best to help you.

greetz -Pim Ritsel-
Sander

Offline ziggy

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 01:39:36 PM »
austria isn't a bmx-friendly country.
they do nothing for us...

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 06:49:46 PM »
well, holland isn't either actually... but somehow Sjoerd from Daredevul convinced his hometown to become more tollerant and even support the scene.

Utrecht is the first city here in holland, but maybe other city's will follow their example and is it a start of something beautiful...

Greetz -Pim Ritsel-
Sander  

Offline ziggy

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 05:14:23 PM »
pimritsel is now riding with martti... <_<  

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 05:21:52 PM »
actually i'm not....

Not until next friday that is....

There is a thing called school, and therefor i can't go to these masterclasses before friday...
Because i don't have school on friday this semester.

Greetz -Pim Ritsel-
Sander

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 06:54:48 PM »
hi

I wanted to ask now when you are going to martti and what do I see ? ziggy already did that ;)

You could make a little assault  :blink:  like writing "www.global-flat.com" on marttis frame lol ....

if you are back please contact me , would like to know if you were to take some pictures and stuff ...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 06:57:58 PM by martin »

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2004, 07:42:26 AM »
today i will ride with him.... :rolleyes:  

Offline PimRitsel

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2004, 10:08:09 PM »
I RODE WITH MARTTI, AND I RODE ON HIS BIKE, AND I DID LIKE HIKERS AND STUBBLEDUCKS AND STUF ON HIS BIKE........  :P
hell yes!

greets - Pim Ritsel-
Sander

ps: i forgot my cam, but friends of mine who where there aswell made lots of pics, so when i make the storie for the site, i can use their pics.