Poll

Author Topic: ROUND2 battle: MASTER group OVER Winner- nibbler  (Read 106155 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND2 battle: MASTER group (nibbler vs PrasheelG)
« Reply #330 on: November 04, 2009, 07:35:08 AM »
nibbler run

Global-Flat Final Battle Will Redd

PrasheelG run

Judges, don't take the "bonus section" in consideration!

Pralex presents...The Brownprint (Updated)

TJ Perry

Re: ROUND2 battle: MASTER group (final battle- videos on. Judges!)
« Reply #331 on: November 04, 2009, 08:30:18 AM »
Nibbler gets my vote.

His tricks had a much wider variety, and a much higher degree of difficulty. The pumping elbow glides with the kick pivot transition was really interesting, and that half decade thing out of the last link was incredibly intense. He rolled, he spun, he turbined. He did pretty much everything. If it it's a show of what a rider is capable of in terms of diversity, he won. In difficulty, I'd say he has an edge on Prasheel but a bit.

Prasheels links were difficult, but I didn't see anything in there that really stood out to me. I understand being original is a difficult thing to do, and I don't put much stock into being original all the time, but in competition between two riders, it counts for quite a bit. That being said, I didn't see anything in Prasheels run that I haven't seen elsewhere from countless other riders. Will had quite a few things that I either don't see regularly, or he put a twist on an old idea enough to make it seem original.

So, yeah. Nibbler.

Offline Aeons of Flat

• Backpacker
« Reply #332 on: November 04, 2009, 08:50:27 AM »
both nice runs, Will was laying down great, loved the no handed back wheel trick, its name escapes me, usually I see it scuffed.

wow TJ 3500 posts thats huge, way to much time on the forum :P

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #333 on: November 04, 2009, 04:33:50 PM »
Watching Will ride never gets old.   Did we already see his knee elbow glide in a previous video?  I thought for sure he would throw that down.

Before I started riding flat again, I saw Will ride at a contest and was blown away by his distinct style and tricks, the fwd sideglide variations were the clincher for me.  Got to get into that!

Alright, I guess this wraps it all up.  Was awesome seeing everyone's riding!  Stoked!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline clint23

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #334 on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
both nice runs, Will was laying down great, loved the no handed back wheel trick, its name escapes me, usually I see it scuffed.

wow TJ 3500 posts thats huge, way to much time on the forum :P

The trick is called a Candyman or at least that is the name I have always known it as.

Offline wookie

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #335 on: November 04, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »
Nibbler gets my vote.

His tricks had a much wider variety, and a much higher degree of difficulty. The pumping elbow glides with the kick pivot transition was really interesting, and that half decade thing out of the last link was incredibly intense. He rolled, he spun, he turbined. He did pretty much everything. If it it's a show of what a rider is capable of in terms of diversity, he won. In difficulty, I'd say he has an edge on Prasheel but a bit.

Prasheels links were difficult, but I didn't see anything in there that really stood out to me. I understand being original is a difficult thing to do, and I don't put much stock into being original all the time, but in competition between two riders, it counts for quite a bit. That being said, I didn't see anything in Prasheels run that I haven't seen elsewhere from countless other riders. Will had quite a few things that I either don't see regularly, or he put a twist on an old idea enough to make it seem original.

So, yeah. Nibbler.

+1
Yes that is a candyman.  That last brakeless decade thing is much harder to do while carving a clockwise circle out of a combo than to just roll a straighter line in a lardyard then step over.  Real easy to loop out and eat sh*t!  Plus Will did different stuff in each battle video!  That is huge in my opinion.  Prasheel has consistently elevated his riding but more of a progression of the same type of tricks.  Overall, great videos and riding from both guys!

Thanks Ondo for keeping this together amidst all the drama!  It was well worth it.

Brian

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #336 on: November 04, 2009, 06:56:12 PM »
Waiting for the last vote.. and the competition is over..

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #337 on: November 04, 2009, 07:37:39 PM »
Still loving Prasheel's one handed whips... Hell i can't even do them with both hands.. lol BUT.... Nibbler laid down trick's i have never seen before so would have got my vote... All in all, good run's by both.. Respect  :beer:

Offline indyBarber73

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #338 on: November 04, 2009, 08:57:17 PM »
I agree with the whole differance in videos from Will he straight up gets my vote,last decade was the sh*t

Offline Mark McGrade

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #339 on: November 04, 2009, 09:50:11 PM »
Holy Shat that was some good riding!  :mellow:

Offline Bradlandr74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #340 on: November 05, 2009, 02:54:21 AM »
Thanks for the amazing video footage!!!

Regards,
B

Offline Flatland Fanatic

• Backpacker
« Reply #341 on: November 05, 2009, 05:56:35 AM »
Both guys did an amazing job!  Prasheel, those 1 handed whips are sick!  Will, I have never seen anyone do some of the stuff you did... gliding candyman, original elbow glide switches, etc...  very nice.  Great riding from both of you guys.  I have been inspired by the level of riding that you guys have presented here!!!     :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #342 on: November 05, 2009, 05:16:37 PM »
The most exciting battle group..

In the final battle with votes 5 : 2 wins..

nibbler! a.k.a. Will Redd!

Congrats to both of the finalists! Nice riding from both!

Nibbler 1st

PrasheelG 2nd

Maxandre 3rd

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: ROUND2 battle: MASTER group OVER Winner- nibbler
« Reply #343 on: November 05, 2009, 07:48:58 PM »
Congratulation's Nibbler... Very deserving run you did!  :beer:

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: ROUND2 battle: MASTER group OVER Winner- nibbler
« Reply #344 on: November 06, 2009, 02:04:50 AM »
Excel File
http://bmxfreestyler.com/globalflabattles.xls

Web Page
http://bmxfreestyler.com/globalflabattles.htm

Great Job by all the riders! These Online battles have been a pleasure to watch and particpate in. All the Stats are here for your viewing pleasure.

I will start a new thread for Highlights from the Entier Contest.

Keep on Riding!

1 Global Rank is Nibbler with 1435 Points