Poll

The winner is?

ondo
Luke

Author Topic: ROUND2 battle: EXPERT group. OVER. Winner- Luke  (Read 104779 times)

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
ROUND2 battle: EXPERT group. OVER. Winner- Luke
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:19:42 PM »
Experts:

Luke 1st
ondo 2nd
franflat 3rd
ivan-flaterOS 4th

Pinoski
spix
flaTTech
blind

misterpola
paved_paradise
Alexis
Ovidiu M (the_ripper)
Kevin @Mülheim Ruhr (NRW)
Koshtrik
råbe
kikouluasv

Some basic rules:
1)I announce the first battle between 2 riders. From the moment there is a 4 day limit for those two riders to film and send the video links via PM to me! This rule is just for fairness, it's nothing if you post it in the battle thread. When both riders have sent me links- I post them in the first and the last post of their group!
2)The video can be edited or unedited, but must be maximum 45 seconds long. When the first battle series in each group are over(8 battles), then the next round adds +15 seconds. So the lenght in series are:
- First 8 battles= 45 sec
- Quarterfinals= 1 min
- Semifinals= 1 min 15 sec
- Finals= 1min 30 sec
This is the maximum of video lenght- you don't have to fill it up compulsory.
3)The run can consist of combos or just tricks, but if edited, they should be with ride ins and outs.
4)For each battle your run must be different.
5)It is forbidden to use old, before filmed videos.
New rules about the video lenght.
1)A subjective point, but I can "allow" the rider to finish his combo and do the ride out if it goes just <10 seconds more.
2)So then there is a question, which combo can be longer?
- The combo which is started not later than 15 seconds before the end of the run.
3) It is hard to tell, if the run is too long, because, it can really contain small tricks in the beggining and the long one combo is pressed in the end, to gain extra time. That will be not allowed too.
For example: If you got two combos: 26 and 32 seconds long. If you put them together in that order, then you get 58 sec and the combo did start 15 sec before the end(as mentioned before), but the main rule wich corrects it all: If your run is over time limit, it is allowed only then, IF THE LONGEST COMBO IS IN THE BEGINNING!
I'll check every video and I'll be critical about the use of extra time!
4)If the video contains title(something meaningful), the video can be longer as the title lenght
5) If the rider can pull a combo for all his given time in run, my judgement on the time allowed will be subjective and slightly positive on allowing using the extra time.
So what is the solution?
- First off, if some rules are disobeyed, I'll ask to correctly repost the video(if only the 4 day period is still active). If not, the rider can be disqualified.
- There is another solution. If you don't want to repost the video, you can still proceed with the battle, but if you surpass the time limit unpermitted, then you'll recieve voting "fines".
For the time amount you overspend, you'll pay with votes.
<5 sec -10% votes
<10 sec -20%
<15 sec -30%
<20 sec -40%
and so on.
6)After both rider videos are posted or the 4day period is over- voting starts. Others watch both videos and vote.
7)Voting is active for 2days. The rider who recieves the most votes in 2days- winner.
8)You can vote just for one rider in a battle just once. Keep in mind it's subjective, but try to be objective a bit. Stick to these principles:
a) bike control
b) originality
c) difficulty
9)As voting has finished, the winner of the battle is announced.
10) The winner countinues to fight in the finals(if they are). The looser fails. (There could be some additional battles later)
11)The next battle starts after the previous battle ends.
12)Remember to check out all of the gruops and vote, because one battle will happen in each class simultaneously
13)Some changes into limits or structure can occur.
14) The winners will recieve prizes (not known for the moment)
15) Questions please in the main signing up thread!
16) If you are busy, please let me know I can arrange your battles. The list of those who are busy is in the signing up thread!

Congrats! Expert battles are over! Winner is Luke! In a close battle with votes 40 : 36.

1st Luke (2 khe tires)

2nd ondo (flat kings book)

3rd franflat (diversion dvd)

Thanks everyone for watching, voting and participating! This competition was much smoother than the previous.
Keep the battles going. Now it's final in the beginner group!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 12:13:33 PM by ondo »

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND2 battle: EXPERT group
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 02:27:17 AM »
First battle:

Pinoski

vs

råbe

You got 4 days! When you have uploaded the video, send the link to me!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
Re: ROUND2 battle: EXPERT group (Pinoski vs råbe)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 10:12:11 AM »
A note:

If you want to battle in a particular period of time, then just send me a message and say in which battle you could enter. The maximum lenght of a battle is 6 days, often less.
Just send me a message and say in which battle you would like to be. For example after the count of days. That would fasten the things a lot and some would know when to check the forum.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »
Attention!

If you want to participate in the next battle after the proceeding one, give me a message and you can film and send the link already!

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 08:48:18 AM »
The limit has been expanded, but still pinoski takes an uncontested win!
If a rider takes an uncontested win, I will still post his video, so the battles won't become so private, he he.

His run:

Pinoski Global-Flat battle

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »
Next battle:

Luke

vs

Koshtrik!

You have 4 days to send the link to me!

Offline bmx4lif3

• Cliffhanger
  • So-Cal
Re: ROUND2 battle: EXPERT group (Luke vs Koshtrik)
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »
blind is going to do pretty well in this comp!

Offline AtlFlatCrew

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 05:21:31 PM »
you've got that right, dude's been riding... and very well for that matter.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 01:37:08 PM »
Luke run

global flat online battle Luke Malone Small | Large

Koshtrik run

battle2

Koshtriks run is 4 seconds too long. That means -10% of votes.

Voting is open!

Offline Sagaris

• Cliffhanger
Re: ROUND2 battle: EXPERT group (voting active!)
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 02:09:35 PM »
Expert and Masters so far are looking roughly equal in terms of difficulty.  :P

Offline h2otowntony

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »
and these guys are expert!
Oh my f*cking god
Tough choice man
Props to their riding  :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 08:04:29 PM »
Ondo, you stated that on the time limit, it would only be penalized if the longest combo was done last. This was not the case. Koshtriks longest combo was at the beginning. Not to mention, his foot hit the pedal on the ride out at 47 seconds. This thing is gonna be too close to be decided on a penalty. This would have been allowed in any contest. There was easily 2 seconds of riding around in there he could have taken out before submitting if known that two seconds would have been scrutinized so harshly.

Now I understand, rules are rules, and keeping that in mind, your own rules state that the over time would be allowed if the longest combo was done at the beginning of the run , which it WAS.

Finally, NO I DO NOT KNOW Koshtrik and if anything, Ive stated several times what a fan of Luke's riding I am. If anyone knows anything about my posts, its that I call it like I see it whether I know the person or not.

If Im wrong, then Im wrong, but I thought it at least deserved a second look.
-MIKE
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Luke

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 08:12:26 PM »
Well I had to re edit my vid or take a penalty and I decided to drop  a combo and include the ride in and ride out.I wish the time limit was a 1 minute    but oh well.

Offline ondo

• GF Inhabitant
    • Blog
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 08:24:09 PM »
Well I had to re edit my vid or take a penalty and I decided to drop  a combo and include the ride in and ride out.I wish the time limit was a 1 minute    but oh well.

If you'll get further, then you'll get it, he he.

To Back4Good: Thanks, for the opinion. Yes, the longest combo is at the begining, but still, he has 2 short combos in the middle. Which means, one of them could not be there, that's why the penalty. It doesn't matter if it was 1 or 2 secs of ride out, but there are 5! And anyway it doesn't matter, because the first penalty goes to passing 1-5 seconds, so it still gets -10%. I'm for Koshtrik, but the rules are rules.

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 12:48:23 AM »
Well I had to re edit my vid or take a penalty and I decided to drop  a combo and include the ride in and ride out.I wish the time limit was a 1 minute    but oh well.

If you'll get further, then you'll get it, he he.

To Back4Good: Thanks, for the opinion. Yes, the longest combo is at the begining, but still, he has 2 short combos in the middle. Which means, one of them could not be there, that's why the penalty. It doesn't matter if it was 1 or 2 secs of ride out, but there are 5! And anyway it doesn't matter, because the first penalty goes to passing 1-5 seconds, so it still gets -10%. I'm for Koshtrik, but the rules are rules.

Fair enough. :beer:
-MIKE
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)