Author Topic: Riders in Maine?  (Read 7831 times)

Offline spearleanna

Riders in Maine?
« on: July 06, 2009, 02:41:36 AM »
What's up flatlanders?  I'm spending my summer in Maine and I was wondering if anyone up here rides.  I work in Tenants Harbor, but go to the Hope/Rockport area most nights and weekends.  Let me know if you're out there...

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
Re: Riders in Maine?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »
http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=25851.0

Rockport is about 2 hours north of me.

Offline dkopsis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 06:04:08 PM »
Im gonna be in the bar harbor area for almost all of august

Is that close to u?
"if u cant ride out then u didnt learn it."- Lurtz uruk

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 06:36:26 PM »
Tenants Harbor and Bar Harbor are about 100 miles away from each other. I'm another 100+ miles from Tenants Harbor.

Offline spearleanna

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 09:37:24 PM »
No, that's not very close at all.  oh well.  :(

Offline whitty

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
Old thread, sorry, but stuntnuts, where are you from? I'm back in Boston now for school but I live in Maine and I didn't know anyone rode flat there. I always see a ton of street riders in Portland but never any flat (not that portland has that many awesome spots).

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »
I live in Arundel and my spot is in Biddeford. Where in Maine are you from?

Offline spearleanna

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
Hey, sorry it's taken me so long to respond.  Does anyone up here have any indoor spots to ride?  I tried riding outside today, but with the wind chill it felt like 10 degrees.  That is not good weather for riding.  :(  I live in the Rockport/Camden area but I'll travel. 

Offline flat8208

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
im in NH if any mainers r close..?  Brick out so my basement looks pretty good nowadays... only room for 1 person at a time to ride, but others can chill on the couch and "over-look"..not huge but its something.. As well as super warm!

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »
I'm about 30 minutes away from Portsmouth, see you in the spring?

Offline flat8208

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 12:10:38 AM »
yep we could meet up.. Im not that great, as im just gettin back into flat after quite a break!  Would love someone to ride with, as this can def. make people better(learning/challenging each other).. Not really any spots to brag about as police usually give me the boot!... I ride my basement for the winter, as its 70 plus degrees, and no snow/salt to eat away my bike!  Would b great to poss. trade parts as well w/ a local rider.

Offline spearleanna

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 01:23:33 AM »
I could arrange a visit sometime.  I rode my bike for the first time in a month the other day and was shocked at how sloppy I've gotten due to not practicing.  I've only been riding since this summer so I can't do very much other that t-whips, infinity rolls, endos, etc... but I love the feeling I get from performing even the simplest of tricks.  It's so rewarding.  I also can't ride due to ice and fear of salt destroying my bike.  I live in Rockport, ME but I'll drive for flatland!  Email me sometime spearleanna@yahoo.com and we can work out a session time.  Thanks!  :)

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 04:08:50 AM »
There isn't ONE parking lot around me that isn't covered in salt and sand right now. I really, really, really hate winter. Hopefully in the spring we can make things happen.

Offline flat8208

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 07:56:38 PM »
i hear ya stuntnuts!... even if theres not snow its still too damn cold!  grateful for the basement i got even if i can only roll for 15ft!... better than at all imo!  im tryin to organize it more so i got more room.... Actually likin it alot as the police always kick me out anyway, so i cant ever really get a good sess in.

Offline flat8208

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 04:12:58 PM »
basement is getting more room cleared by the day! ive organized all the crap to allow more room to ride!  Sick of using my leaf blower to clear lots so this is perfect, especially late at night sessions! ive got a few other spots in mind for indoors, around town an whatnot that would b huge!  quite a few empty buildings, just no lights, and blows the cover if ya bring em. Thinkin those would b great for the day tho. Figured id update as i could always use someone to ride with!