Author Topic: Martti asks a question.  (Read 50518 times)

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
Re: Martti asks a question.
« Reply #135 on: July 11, 2009, 04:54:45 AM »
----I keep waiting for the Kevin Jones video where he's riding a stem/bars in the seatpost tube, and has the seatpost/seat coming out of the forks....But then I guess he basically has that with the frontwheel drive setup in a way, plus he can still steer ha-ha.

jffe

Offline Navid

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #136 on: July 11, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »
First i want to thank Martti for this great idea! and the good job he does for the sport and artform! and ofcourse for Dez, is like he is riding on nuclear power last years, well done.

If i knew about this topic earlier i deffently would have joined with some home cooked trix!
Here some small stuff i got, i cant edit my files, thats why they are small clips..

I like this topic so i join! good luck every one at the worlds! (was on holiday..:(  )

[youtube]Tv3s4kLDuYM[/youtube]
[youtube]i2XBtBLeyXg[/youtube]
Ps. anyone riding in sweden this summer? near gothenburg?

Flatdream

« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2009, 11:37:13 AM »
Wow Navid, your no foot tail-whip is very impressive, keep it up !  :ph34r:

havok

« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
fncking nice Navid!!!

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #139 on: July 13, 2009, 03:14:44 PM »
Well, a year ago or so I was working with the rollercoaster. deffinately lots of stuff can be done with that. Lots of new no footed tricks. I posted this a while ago. Not sure if Martti has seen it.  If so, enjoy again I guess.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azNv725ZHGI[/youtube]

heres one from way earlier with a front brake, 2004 different style

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7atFpNyWL70[/youtube]

Genius. Me and Viki tried to figure out how do you do it but couldn´t.. Anyway, keep it up.

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #140 on: July 13, 2009, 03:16:39 PM »
Cliffhanger to jump over the rear tire to Hitch hiker?
Well, here it is:

ATLANTA, GEORGIA USA

At 5:00 minutses time. You can pull over straight to there, but youll miss some cool stuff bfore.

Luiz dos Santos, aka Arroz (rice lol), is an awesome brasilian street/flat rider who has been around for at least 8 yrs now.

Thank you! You did it with very good control. Plus you have bunch of other good stuff going on. Your balls seems to be on fire for such things!! Keep bustin.

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #141 on: July 13, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »
Lísias one Trick Bar Foot Circle.
Lísias Tabarelli em Brasil

Piracicabasessions

Smart idea. And definetely looks good for the eye!!!

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2009, 03:23:19 PM »
First i want to thank Martti for this great idea! and the good job he does for the sport and artform! and ofcourse for Dez, is like he is riding on nuclear power last years, well done.

If i knew about this topic earlier i deffently would have joined with some home cooked trix!
Here some small stuff i got, i cant edit my files, thats why they are small clips..

I like this topic so i join! good luck every one at the worlds! (was on holiday..:(  )

[youtube]Tv3s4kLDuYM[/youtube]
[youtube]i2XBtBLeyXg[/youtube]
Ps. anyone riding in sweden this summer? near gothenburg?

Navid,
good to see you still out there. I can imagine that it would be easy to crash on that trick you showed on the video!
Anyways. I will see you next time.

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
Hey all again.
Just came back from the worlds and will leave shortly to Japan for the KOG 2 and another comp week after.
Right now I am trying to check all the videos but time is very tight with everything.
We are working on something cool for this progression video competition at the moment.
Please stay tuned for the information we will post here once the concept is ready. Meanwhile, keep progressing!!
Yours, the talent scouts (Martti, Viki, Intrikat/Chad, Effraim) :ph34r:

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
the no footed stick B was done with a rollercoaster hub he made, its same as a freecoaster just when you apply pressure on the pedal it will not back pedal, sortof stuck

Offline Alex Worden

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2009, 05:11:27 PM »
There are unlimited new tricks with the use of the rollercoaster. Im trying to figure out how to make one out of the Geisha and not the Taska. The taska is just to damn heavy.

That no footed Tailwhip was sick. So many possibilities with that stuff. Ross Smith would get a kick out of that video. The style was very clean.

Martti, Thanks for the props!

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2009, 07:46:13 AM »
mix part 1,2<p>mix part 1,2 from adrian lowkajtis on Vimeo.</p>

Hi. Good vibe video but unfortunately this video is not what we are looking for. This is more focusing into stylish riding but that is not the point of our thread. Please do not send such videos to this topic. Start a new topic or something.
This topic is focusing more to:
Originality
Difficulty
Personality
Thanks for understanding.
Martti

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #147 on: July 15, 2009, 05:52:03 PM »
i am trying a new switch, i will take a while tho, as pretty much everytime i miss it im getting close to the pavement with my head  ^_^

Offline Navid

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #148 on: July 17, 2009, 02:40:30 AM »
Martti/Viki, when you are trying to come up with a new or original trick, do you find yourself stumbling into these types of tricks, or is it a more methodical process where you have a deliberate goal? I've always found original tricks just kind of "happening" instead of thinking about them beforehand, but I'm curious as to the way in which you approach this.

Well, I could talk about this subject till tomorrow morning so let´s try to make it short then.
I´ve been going through in creativity many aspects from having dreams of tricks while I sleep to forcing myself to create new tricks till I can´t sleep because of the stress and everything between.

So I would say that let the tricks come to you and sometimes try to think of new things. And just get into the flow of thoughts of new tricks. Most of them will feel impossible to reach but it is then only up to you what do you want from riding. If you think of a new trick and you feel like you could do it then go ahead and try it. Try it for couple of hours and analyze the situation again. Then next day again and so on. Try not to give up, once you feel like it is impossible to do after few days trying it then give it a break. Let your body work while it rests and you´ll be amazed how these couple days off make your body work differently and more accurate. Even you rest your muscles are working on coordinations.
So sometimes you just got to force yourself to learn the tricks no matter how hard they feel like.

Progressive riding is not all about just having fun and letting the tricks come and go to your head. You got to make yourself think further sometimes if you want to progress. But, progression and originality is not for everyone. But I would be happy to help the ones who has this progressive way of thinking on their ridings. That is my whole point here.

Just to answer shortly on the actual question. Sometimes they come and go to my mind as well, but every time when a new trick comes, I will give it a hard try.
But I like the feeling more when a lot of grazy ideas are flying in my mind.

[youtube]Lc8LDobMIWg[/youtube]

Thanx martti, it does work.. i guess i got comfortable with my riding and did not ask expect to much of myself aslong it felt fine just riding, so i charged and went for it!! proof right here!!!

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2009, 03:42:37 AM »
Martti/Viki, when you are trying to come up with a new or original trick, do you find yourself stumbling into these types of tricks, or is it a more methodical process where you have a deliberate goal? I've always found original tricks just kind of "happening" instead of thinking about them beforehand, but I'm curious as to the way in which you approach this.

Well, I could talk about this subject till tomorrow morning so let´s try to make it short then.
I´ve been going through in creativity many aspects from having dreams of tricks while I sleep to forcing myself to create new tricks till I can´t sleep because of the stress and everything between.

So I would say that let the tricks come to you and sometimes try to think of new things. And just get into the flow of thoughts of new tricks. Most of them will feel impossible to reach but it is then only up to you what do you want from riding. If you think of a new trick and you feel like you could do it then go ahead and try it. Try it for couple of hours and analyze the situation again. Then next day again and so on. Try not to give up, once you feel like it is impossible to do after few days trying it then give it a break. Let your body work while it rests and you´ll be amazed how these couple days off make your body work differently and more accurate. Even you rest your muscles are working on coordinations.
So sometimes you just got to force yourself to learn the tricks no matter how hard they feel like.

Progressive riding is not all about just having fun and letting the tricks come and go to your head. You got to make yourself think further sometimes if you want to progress. But, progression and originality is not for everyone. But I would be happy to help the ones who has this progressive way of thinking on their ridings. That is my whole point here.

Just to answer shortly on the actual question. Sometimes they come and go to my mind as well, but every time when a new trick comes, I will give it a hard try.
But I like the feeling more when a lot of grazy ideas are flying in my mind.

[youtube]Lc8LDobMIWg[/youtube]

Thanx martti, it does work.. i guess i got comfortable with my riding and did not ask expect to much of myself aslong it felt fine just riding, so i charged and went for it!! proof right here!!!
i am trying a new switch, i will take a while tho, as pretty much everytime i miss it im getting close to the pavement with my head  ^_^

Thank you Navid! I trust that it was your first trick of your session and that is a big proof right there for yourself that you can do hard trick for yourself right in the beginning of your riding session... Everyone should get inspired for such different idea for a video clip. Good job.

Hellos from Japan  :ph34r: