Author Topic: Martti asks a question.  (Read 50517 times)

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
Re: Martti asks a question.
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2009, 11:39:51 PM »
Who´s going to do first following trick: Cliffhanger to jump over the rear tire to Hitch hiker??? I don´t have balls to try it anymore  ^_^
p.s. Be careful
p.p.s. you could do it all spinning as well....
post a video please!!!!!
Nooooo!!! that cliffhanger to hitchiker was my plan for a few years, can't believe its already stolen  :angry:

katobmx

« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »
Who´s going to do first following trick: Cliffhanger to jump over the rear tire to Hitch hiker??? I don´t have balls to try it anymore  ^_^
p.s. Be careful
p.p.s. you could do it all spinning as well....
post a video please!!!!!
Nooooo!!! that cliffhanger to hitchiker was my plan for a few years, can't believe its already stolen  :angry:
yah thats the thing I hate about pros most stuff you imagine they think of, just makes us have to think of better stuff. :mellow:

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2009, 03:20:32 AM »
Ideas and rumours does not count. Videos are what counts. Who provides videos first, the trick is his/her then after. I am out to the worlds now.

joelweevil

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 03:47:02 AM »
cj, of course the Dutch are dope, they're ON dope.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 04:15:36 AM »
Wow, Martti's post really brought out the big guns.

Great riding from EVERYONE.

I didn't think Alex's thing was a kickflip...I thought it was more of like an around the world type thing...but it was definitely cool and what do I know.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2009, 04:58:23 AM »
What would the definition of a kick flip be anyways? Does it have to be where the wheel lifts off the ground? Or is it just the flip or switch of the wheel without use of hands?  Because in that case both alex and dez did kick "flips". I agree with the second definition...

Offline Bomber Moran

• Backpacker
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2009, 05:33:04 AM »
IMO kickflips are rotations made using your feet and should be done while the kicked tire is in mid air..the feet is also not touching the peg/whatever during the rotation..

hope that makes sense.LOL

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2009, 06:06:19 AM »
What would the definition of a kick flip be anyways? Does it have to be where the wheel lifts off the ground? Or is it just the flip or switch of the wheel without use of hands?  Because in that case both alex and dez did kick "flips". I agree with the second definition...

I saw Alex go around the wheel, not vice versa.  Let me know if I missed something.  I feel stupid questioning this cause his link is dope, but I'm just trying to make sure I understand what a kickflip is.

Offline claybom

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2009, 06:22:40 PM »
Cliffhanger to jump over the rear tire to Hitch hiker?
Well, here it is:

ATLANTA, GEORGIA USA

At 5:00 minutses time. You can pull over straight to there, but youll miss some cool stuff bfore.

Luiz dos Santos, aka Arroz (rice lol), is an awesome brasilian street/flat rider who has been around for at least 8 yrs now.

Offline claybom

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »
Talking about new links n' stuff, well, I got this footage from my brotha called Bruno, aka Zebu. I thing its worth a lookin'. Zebu is another new school brazilian flatlander who has got into our wonderful world of flatland since 2001.

new original link -Bruno "Zebu"- crackpacker to stemroller switch foot in the pedal Small | Large

Peace,

=c=

Offline claybom

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2009, 06:52:19 PM »
First off, i would really like to congratulate Mrs. Kuoppa n' Gomes for the opportunity to us to show our humble skills gathered over long hard yrs of practicin'

I was the one who edit the Leo Claro pegless footage. Leo (short for Leonardo) is an amazing brazilian rider who has joint our sport since 1986. He's 36 age now, seeme like a kid in vid. For the past 20 yrs, since I begin to ride flat', i have been seing all sorta tricks from him, from the old school braked ones to the nowadays trends like pumpings, scuffless n' stuff. He is able to ride bothsides, but actually he is more like counter clockwise spinning style o'riding direction.

Anyways, Mr. Kuoppa, if one o'my fellas deserves some prices, you could sure talk to me, i got'em addresses.

peace,

=c=

ps. Me and Leo have seen together the kgb Impulsivity DVD. Well, what we got to say is: Kuoppa has the hardest tricks weve never seen bfore. Gomes has got a brilliant style and criative links ever. The whiplashes x-foot is outta this world! You DEFINITIVELY have written yo names into the book of flatland history for sure, together Kevin and Chase!

Offline DaviD (dave0)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Flatland from Israel
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2009, 07:29:54 PM »
haha that cliff to hitchiker is so ridiculous!

katobmx

« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2009, 07:57:12 PM »
haha that cliff to hitchiker is so ridiculous!
uh that was the only thing that you thought was riduculous. ^_^.He had alot of crazy stuff. I had no idea Leo was 36

TJ Perry

« Reply #118 on: July 09, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »
First off, i would really like to congratulate Mrs. Kuoppa n' Gomes for the opportunity to us to show our humble skills gathered over long hard yrs of practicin'

Made my chuckle a bit :)

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #119 on: July 09, 2009, 08:07:33 PM »

I was the one who edit the Leo Claro pegless footage. Leo (short for Leonardo) is an amazing brazilian rider who has joint our sport since 1986. He's 36 age now, seeme like a kid in vid. For the past 20 yrs, since I begin to ride flat', i have been seing all sorta tricks from him, from the old school braked ones to the nowadays trends like pumpings, scuffless n' stuff. He is able to ride bothsides, but actually he is more like counter clockwise spinning style o'riding direction.

Anyways, Mr. Kuoppa, if one o'my fellas deserves some prices, you could sure talk to me, i got'em addresses.

peace,

=c=

ps. Me and Leo have seen together the kgb Impulsivity DVD. Well, what we got to say is: Kuoppa has the hardest tricks weve never seen bfore. Gomes has got a brilliant style and criative links ever. The whiplashes x-foot is outta this world! You DEFINITIVELY have written yo names into the book of flatland history for sure, together Kevin and Chase!

Yeah, Leo 36?  Really?  Wow.  I see he has been puttin in the work all these years.  Someone give this guy a sponsorship...or send him a bike!  I think he very well deserves something for his hard work and progression!
"A puppet no more!"