Author Topic: Martti asks a question.  (Read 50522 times)

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: Martti asks a question.
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2009, 02:09:59 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svx_dsNAa9o[/youtube]

That is one of the most amazing styles ever. Those pedaling wheelies must be very uncomfortable.

All these vids posted are mind blowing. Major props to all.

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 04:39:42 PM »
for new original tricks !! OKOK ITS NOT KICKFLIP BUT....its something different !

look at 2:06 of the video !!

x footed crackpacker cliffhangers??? dammit
you could switch it to normal cliffhangers
that would be THE trick

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 04:55:06 PM »
I remember seeing Marsans video in another thread somewhere...and WOW.  Amazing style and great creativity.  Kind of reminds me of Lee Musselwhites style...and it is simply amazing!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »
Also, a side note to some of you who are trying to learn hiker kick flips and such... no one said that it needed to be a kick flip from a hitch hiker.  There are other tricks to kick flip in and I'd love to see those.  Kick Flip hikers have been done.  Let's see something new.  Kick Flip cliffhanger variations??? Kicks out of elephant glides or half packers... 
+1

I can kickflip hitch hiker, cliffhanger and elephant glides. But is almost imposible ( at least for me ) to pull the 3 kickflips dialed in the same combo..
I´ll give a try this weekend

SERGI8,
we are interested to see the cliffhanger kickflip. Unfortunately I haven´t seen it done before. I´ve heard that Cory from Vancouver did it long time ago but haven´t seen it so far.
Please post a video of it. Also I´d like to see the elephant glide kickflip!

And thanks all of you who are taking this challenge!! You keep flatland alive! Let´s push it to next level! P.s. I am taking a part on the "new style" competition as well. I have some good ideas which will take some time to produce once I have something to show I will post it up here.
Martti

Martti,

I have footage of Cory Strat doing Cliffhanger 180 Kick Flips, 2 in a row. I used them in the "Mixt" bonus section. Eugene Collins does them in Crack Packers also in "Mixt"

I like your idea to push progression and motivate others, ride on.

What do you win if you complete the challenge? ha ha.

Are Death Truck Kick Flips possible? What about Bar Ride Kick Flips?

CJ

Its funny this thread comes up...and its funny you mention death truck kickflips...Today while falling over and over out of 2 footed Dtrucks.. ON my way falling forward out my left leg clipped the left pedal that was forward..And while jumping off my rite foot and reaching forward with my left, my jeans and the movement hooked the pedal and i landed sideways next the bike in a stick b position...I know it was a complete accident, but it had me wondering.

Also are backwheel "kickflips" allowed? I only have one i wanted to unleash at voodoo, but it would be an honor to pass it on to VIKI as the link is a "barrow" of his.

Sweet one Snoop, keep it up and you will pull it!
If they're no-handed and flip with your feet I think it's a kick flip, maybe pressure flip if one foot stays on a peg...
Ride on homey.
instagram.com/intrikatbmx

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

By the way...new styles? :ph34r:= Leo Claro from Bazil

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-grgW-bFCik[/youtube]

This video is awesome, very inspiring to me. I'm stoked that we can do completely different tricks with the same concept. This is an untapped avenue, there are many more pegless tricks and combos to be done!

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »
He Martti is this what you are looking for?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3-EfirSZCA
Its new for as far as i know! ^_^

This is also awesome!

During one of my trips to Amsterdam I remember watching Bram VerHallen kick flip Half-Packers in the middle of each turbine, the Dutch are dope!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:53:40 PM by cj »

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #96 on: July 08, 2009, 07:41:08 PM »
Nothing too fancy, and like Effraim said, more of a 'pressure flip' then a kickflip...But here she is
<

Sweet.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:49:14 PM by cj »

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #97 on: July 08, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
for new original tricks !! OKOK ITS NOT KICKFLIP BUT....its something different !

look at 2:06 of the video !!

Nice tricks, probably the fastest Jugglers I've seen.

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #98 on: July 08, 2009, 08:13:18 PM »
Let's see some originality from everyone!

Big props to Martti for this thread.

I consider myself blessed/fortunate to witness Martti push himself and our sport/art firsthand. He would get off the airplane, put his bike together and begin to ride. Almost every time he'd pull his first trick and then tell me he was ready to film. He always had new, original, progressive tricks. Some times they took days to capture on camera but he would never give up. Once he had it in his head that it was possible he wouldn't stop thinking about it, even if his body was too tired. He would rest (body, not mind) and get back to business. I absorbed his determination and self-discipline and applied it to my own dreams.

Much respect for all the riders that created something different (too many for me to list).

Stay positive.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:12:55 PM by cj »

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #99 on: July 08, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »
Who´s going to do first following trick: Cliffhanger to jump over the rear tire to Hitch hiker??? I don´t have balls to try it anymore  ^_^
p.s. Be careful
p.p.s. you could do it all spinning as well....
post a video please!!!!!

Prasheel

« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2009, 10:54:17 PM »
That kickflip is just the tip of the iceberg for me...What is supposed to happen immediately after the kickflip is what's causing me a lot of problems...Hopefully I can get it soon though.

Which specific kickflip are you trying to do? Let me know and perhaps I can help out.  There is always an explanation for a mistake and misunderstandings.
M

I'm trying to do that kickflip, then pivoting underneath the bike on the front peg (if that makes sense?), some days I feel super close, other days it feels like such a lost cause.

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2009, 11:07:24 PM »
i was told by a reliable source that luis dos santos was pulling cliffhanger jump back to hitch after the athens twilight contest

katobmx

« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
i was told by a reliable source that luis dos santos was pulling cliffhanger jump back to hitch after the athens twilight contest
I totaly believe that.

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2009, 11:24:11 PM »
Who´s going to do first following trick: Cliffhanger to jump over the rear tire to Hitch hiker??? I don´t have balls to try it anymore  ^_^
p.s. Be careful
post a video please!!!!!
I bet terry adams can pull that  :P

katobmx

« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2009, 11:32:23 PM »
p.s. Be careful
post a video please!!!!!
I bet terry adams can pull that  :P

He's been trying to do hang10 to hitch, but i don't know how successful his been at that.