Author Topic: Martti asks a question.  (Read 50527 times)

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
Re: Martti asks a question.
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 05:38:20 PM »
Also, a side note to some of you who are trying to learn hiker kick flips and such... no one said that it needed to be a kick flip from a hitch hiker.  There are other tricks to kick flip in and I'd love to see those.  Kick Flip hikers have been done.  Let's see something new.  Kick Flip cliffhanger variations??? Kicks out of elephant glides or half packers... 
+1

I can kickflip hitch hiker, cliffhanger and elephant glides. But is almost imposible ( at least for me ) to pull the 3 kickflips dialed in the same combo..
Iīll give a try this weekend

SERGI8,
we are interested to see the cliffhanger kickflip. Unfortunately I havenīt seen it done before. Iīve heard that Cory from Vancouver did it long time ago but havenīt seen it so far.
Please post a video of it. Also Iīd like to see the elephant glide kickflip!

And thanks all of you who are taking this challenge!! You keep flatland alive! Letīs push it to next level! P.s. I am taking a part on the "new style" competition as well. I have some good ideas which will take some time to produce once I have something to show I will post it up here.
Martti

Martti,

I have footage of Cory Strat doing Cliffhanger 180 Kick Flips, 2 in a row. I used them in the "Mixt" bonus section. Eugene Collins does them in Crack Packers also in "Mixt"

I like your idea to push progression and motivate others, ride on.

What do you win if you complete the challenge? ha ha.

Are Death Truck Kick Flips possible? What about Bar Ride Kick Flips?

CJ

Chad,
thanks for reminding me... Long time since I checked mixt so I have a blackout! My bad. I really like the one Eugene is doing in a crackpacker, I felt bad that I didnīt thought of it first  ^_^

What I am going to win is myself. If I can come up with a new style after all the struggles I had I will consider myself very satisfied. I am hungry again which makes my brain work on a creative mode again. If I can come up with the style I have in mind a lot of people will laugh their assess off and be confused if it is cool or not, hahahah.

Iīve always dreamed of doing barride kickflips and I KNOW it would be possilbe. I just cannot do a proper barride. Anyone? Chad?

I think we can change flatland into a good way again. We all just got to push each other to come up with grazy styles like in the old days!!!

Donīt get me wrong here. There are grazy guys at the moment like Chad (extremenly different style), Adam, Mathias, Raphael, Viki, Alex, Terry, Melo brothers plus many more to mention and the undergrounders out there. (sorry leaving some names out but I got to get going). But more can be done in my opinion by more people.
Keep pushing!!!

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »
we are interested to see the cliffhanger kickflip. Unfortunately I havenīt seen it done before. Iīve heard that Cory from Vancouver did it long time ago but havenīt seen it so far.

I kick flip the cliffhanger to finish the trick. I mean i landed them in the floor.

Iīve seen armin batoumeni ( sorry for the spelling ) a french rider pulling them... Is not a good trick if U want to have childrens some day... :P

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »

I kick flip the cliffhanger to finish the trick. I mean i landed them in the floor.

Iīve seen armin batoumeni ( sorry for the spelling ) a french rider pulling them... Is not a good trick if U want to have childrens some day... :P
[/quote]
LMFAO. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 07:34:36 PM »

Post a video please! I want to see it. I landed many tricks on my balls in last 20 years of riding. I didnīt try to make children yet but I think it should not be a problem. Armin has a kid.

How about new styles guys?? Anyone taking that as a challenge? Or not really...

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 07:59:15 PM »
Its not what Martti asked for, but its the best i could come up with . . .  today  :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSiZkJi19Tw[/youtube]

Peter,
Iīve been watching your video few times now and the style you have on that hiker kickflip is so smooth and consistent that I really belive you can do few in a row with very short roll in between... I spoke to Aapo today about it and it would look so nice if you do them really quick after each flip!!!

Flip, roll 1 second, flip, roll 1 second, flip, roll 1 second and so on. Wowo. Thatīs new stuff right there. Keep pushing.

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 08:01:53 PM »
Its not what Martti asked for, but its the best i could come up with . . .  today  :P

Peter,
thanks for opening the game!! I really liked the smooth style you have for your kickflips! Handlebars didnīt touch the ground, your body didnīt get unstable and it looked like you could do them 10 in a row. Could you?

Many thanks for the kind words Martti. To be honest, i dont know if i could do 10 in a row. 5 or 6 yeah, but i dont know about 10. I think i would drive myself insane. Plus the wheel im on now is 28spoke. I doubt if it would hold up to it  -_-

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 08:05:30 PM »
Fak kickflips they are too hard to get many people to participate, at least it appears so.. hopefully I am wrong :)

I want to see some more inventive wheel switching and bike varials!
edit:  or even better yet, combine the 2!  Like in mid mcircle, whip the frame around like your going to land on back wheel but at the same time flip it upside down land in upside down megaspin or something.  :o 

A kickflip is an awesome, amazing trick.  But it has to be done so quickly and perfectly that if the g pub blinks they won't even catch it.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:14:05 PM by Gensanity »

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

Peter,
thanks for opening the game!! I really liked the smooth style you have for your kickflips! Handlebars didnīt touch the ground, your body didnīt get unstable and it looked like you could do them 10 in a row. Could you?

Many thanks for the kind words Martti. To be honest, i dont know if i could do 10 in a row. 5 or 6 yeah, but i dont know about 10. I think i would drive myself insane. Plus the wheel im on now is 28spoke. I doubt if it would hold up to it  -_-

Donīt mind the insane guy inside of me talking when it comes to pushing. HAH. But yeah, definetely you can do 5 of them in a row and at the end, 3 in a row with short rolls in between would be brilliant. Just take your time and you will do it!!

Offline Peter Hollinger

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »
Ha, i dont know. . . . but i will try it for sure. Watch this space.

TJ Perry

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 08:09:36 PM »
Martti/Viki, when you are trying to come up with a new or original trick, do you find yourself stumbling into these types of tricks, or is it a more methodical process where you have a deliberate goal? I've always found original tricks just kind of "happening" instead of thinking about them beforehand, but I'm curious as to the way in which you approach this.

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 09:47:15 PM »
Martti/Viki, when you are trying to come up with a new or original trick, do you find yourself stumbling into these types of tricks, or is it a more methodical process where you have a deliberate goal? I've always found original tricks just kind of "happening" instead of thinking about them beforehand, but I'm curious as to the way in which you approach this.

Well, I could talk about this subject till tomorrow morning so letīs try to make it short then.
Iīve been going through in creativity many aspects from having dreams of tricks while I sleep to forcing myself to create new tricks till I canīt sleep because of the stress and everything between.

So I would say that let the tricks come to you and sometimes try to think of new things. And just get into the flow of thoughts of new tricks. Most of them will feel impossible to reach but it is then only up to you what do you want from riding. If you think of a new trick and you feel like you could do it then go ahead and try it. Try it for couple of hours and analyze the situation again. Then next day again and so on. Try not to give up, once you feel like it is impossible to do after few days trying it then give it a break. Let your body work while it rests and youīll be amazed how these couple days off make your body work differently and more accurate. Even you rest your muscles are working on coordinations.
So sometimes you just got to force yourself to learn the tricks no matter how hard they feel like.

Progressive riding is not all about just having fun and letting the tricks come and go to your head. You got to make yourself think further sometimes if you want to progress. But, progression and originality is not for everyone. But I would be happy to help the ones who has this progressive way of thinking on their ridings. That is my whole point here.

Just to answer shortly on the actual question. Sometimes they come and go to my mind as well, but every time when a new trick comes, I will give it a hard try.
But I like the feeling more when a lot of grazy ideas are flying in my mind.

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 09:50:00 PM »
Fak kickflips they are too hard to get many people to participate, at least it appears so.. hopefully I am wrong :)

Yes, you are wrong. Sorry to break it down.

I want to see some more inventive wheel switching and bike varials!
edit:  or even better yet, combine the 2!  Like in mid mcircle, whip the frame around like your going to land on back wheel but at the same time flip it upside down land in upside down megaspin or something.  :o 

Please start this one. Post a video please once you start.

A kickflip is an awesome, amazing trick.  But it has to be done so quickly and perfectly that if the g pub blinks they won't even catch it.

Thanks! I like them as well. I think Iīve reached the maximum speed of flipping on Chads latest dvd. (last trick) I cannot do it faster.

Thanks for feedback!

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 10:17:36 PM »
On the subject of how original tricks come about, I believe its a little bit of everything. Creativity, The determination to make that creativity happen, accidents or luck when they do just happen or even taking a piece of someones idea and running with it. Like when Dylan Worsley took every trick to the pedal and became like the master at it. He had seen some Peregrine rider back in like 87' or 88' doing a Rope-A-Roni on the pedal. He took that idea and ran with it.
Dont ever, especially in this day and age, think an idea of yours is too far-fetched or impossible. Back in the mid-nineties, several pro flatlanders were asked where they thought flatland was going trick wise. Most of them didnt really give a serious answer, but Chad Degroot, I believe jokingly, as its hard to tell when he was serious and I didnt see him working on this, said he would like to start seeing more kick-flip style tricks like in skateboarding where you are flipping the bars with your feet instead of your hands and such. Like I said, I dont know if he was joking or not, and I dont know if Martti saw that interview, but Chad never brought them to life. Martti , on the other hand, made what others thought was a joke, a total reality. Now look at the topic we're on. Not wether or not they are possible, but how to make even more variations of it. More and more lately, Ive come to the realization that NOTHING is impossible on a bike. (See: Flatland Bikeflip) If you think it up, stick to it as long as it takes to make it reality. You never know, You may be the one to unveil the next "New Style" of flatland trick.
Ride hard everyone, and Martti, you always have and always will be, The Man.
-M
Formerly Known As Back4Good. (all the talk about people hiding behind screen names prompted me to change.)

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 10:26:27 PM »
----Quick question for Martti if he doesn't mind. Have you pulled any/many 720* hiker kickflips ? (I haven't seen your solo video or the KGB one, so perhaps that's a redundant question.)

jffe

Offline MIKE EVANS

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 10:27:13 PM »
BTW, TJ, just stick to whatever you are doing for original tricks because it seems to be working for you. I came across another video of yours today, "Solo Session Part I" I believe, and once again I saw some really awesome tricks that I havent seen before. I already mentioned that one to you before, (Which I think would still be great now, You said it was old footage) but there were several original links I saw you do. Honorable mention, the crackpacker around the bars to spinning hitch hiker was awesome.
Im by no means claiming to be any kind of authority on whats original, but since Ive been hurt, Ive had time to watch alot of web videos and still feel you have some very original and difficult links.
I just thought I would throw this out there. People get so caught up in your arguments with everyone else, that I think they may have forgotten what a badass rider you are.
-M