Author Topic: Martti asks a question.  (Read 50523 times)

the beard

Re: Martti asks a question.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 12:23:21 AM »
Martti & Viki - what a great way to motivate riders! so cool  :ph34r:

Offline Moya-1

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 12:52:34 AM »
ive tried todayyyyyyyyyyy
ive been near but i dont know, ive tryed first tu jump high from hitchikerrrrrr, that helped

but i think ive invented 1 trick, ill post a videooooooooooooooo

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 01:17:26 AM »
dammit, I cant ride till august

Offline Moya-1

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 01:18:50 AM »
misterpola k tal en argentina??? la gripe del cerdo esta tocando los cojones?????

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 02:33:47 AM »
I think this is one of the coolest things to come from a flatland company yet!  Not only helping promote their product but also promoting progression in flatland by dropping a challenge like this!!

Also, a side note to some of you who are trying to learn hiker kick flips and such... no one said that it needed to be a kick flip from a hitch hiker.  There are other tricks to kick flip in and I'd love to see those.  Kick Flip hikers have been done.  Let's see something new.  Kick Flip cliffhanger variations??? Kicks out of elephant glides or half packers...  If I could do any of these tricks I'd try this.  Looks like I will have to think outside of the box and apply a kick flip to my current trick repatoire.

Offline Paved Paradise

• GF Inhabitant
  • -Flatland 4 Life-
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 05:51:11 AM »
Props to viki and martti for doing this and throwing something out to get riders to progress and push the sport and also support and promote rider owed companies!
This is what we need.
Time to practice, I tried a few a few years back, I always loved kickflip style tricks and was part of something I wanted to learn.
RIDE hard =]
~The Bike and the Rider make the ARTFORM..
   Not the artist/utensil used..its the end product they both make, thats Beautiful~

@(x_X)@ Justin Doyon @(X_x)@
                   Ride on!

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 07:24:17 AM »
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback! And for me to keep flatland alive we need to keep it progressing.
And remember my words in the beginning of this topic. We are also looking for new styles and new switches in this topic. It donīt neccesarily has to be kickflip, any progression weīll see here looks good and we make the decission after we see some new stuff.
Keep it going!
M

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 09:16:17 AM »
Kickflip style seems kind of like what happened with Zach Shaw and the 360 backflip... it was so far ahead of its time that it took years for anyone else to get to.... that, and Martti and Justin Miller pretty much shut it down for everyone with all the bomb variations they've thrown down over the years  ;D  It'll be cool to see what folks come up with!

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »
Major props to Martti and Viki for doing this, and promoting our sport. Also for offering a frame and parts to riders who are skilled enough to impress.  :mellow:  :beer:
Good luck to all. Ride hard.  ;D

Offline nobleman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 11:38:38 AM »
what a brill idea from the kgb mafia, cool stuff

Offline SERGI8

• Backpacker
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 03:38:25 PM »
Also, a side note to some of you who are trying to learn hiker kick flips and such... no one said that it needed to be a kick flip from a hitch hiker.  There are other tricks to kick flip in and I'd love to see those.  Kick Flip hikers have been done.  Let's see something new.  Kick Flip cliffhanger variations??? Kicks out of elephant glides or half packers... 
+1

I can kickflip hitch hiker, cliffhanger and elephant glides. But is almost imposible ( at least for me ) to pull the 3 kickflips dialed in the same combo..
Iīll give a try this weekend

Offline misterpola

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »
Also, a side note to some of you who are trying to learn hiker kick flips and such... no one said that it needed to be a kick flip from a hitch hiker.  There are other tricks to kick flip in and I'd love to see those.  Kick Flip hikers have been done.  Let's see something new.  Kick Flip cliffhanger variations??? Kicks out of elephant glides or half packers... 
+1

I can kickflip hitch hiker, cliffhanger and elephant glides. But is almost imposible ( at least for me ) to pull the 3 kickflips dialed in the same combo..
GO SERGIO GO!

misterpola k tal en argentina??? la gripe del cerdo esta tocando los cojones?????

parece mas grave de lo que es moya...

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »
+1

SERGI8,
we are interested to see the cliffhanger kickflip. Unfortunately I havenīt seen it done before. Iīve heard that Cory from Vancouver did it long time ago but havenīt seen it so far.
Please post a video of it. Also Iīd like to see the elephant glide kickflip!

And thanks all of you who are taking this challenge!! You keep flatland alive! Letīs push it to next level! P.s. I am taking a part on the "new style" competition as well. I have some good ideas which will take some time to produce once I have something to show I will post it up here.
Martti

Offline Martti

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »
Just a quick tips:

1. Be patient with kickflips (do not get dissapointed if you donīt learn it in one or two weeks, just keep trying and eventually youīll pull one and you will be a happy guy)

2. Be careful (easy to crash, so at your own risk) :mellow:

3. Practice and practice more

4. It is a whole another story to get them dialed after you learn it. But it is possible as well. Keep trying!

5. Once you learn the teqnigues of kickflips you learn a lot of how your bike works in other tricks as well. You will get a lot more control on your riding.

6. I go ride now to come up with a new style on this video competition!!!

Offline cj

• Cliffhanger
  • formless
    • sandmbikes.com
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 05:14:31 PM »
+1

SERGI8,
we are interested to see the cliffhanger kickflip. Unfortunately I havenīt seen it done before. Iīve heard that Cory from Vancouver did it long time ago but havenīt seen it so far.
Please post a video of it. Also Iīd like to see the elephant glide kickflip!

And thanks all of you who are taking this challenge!! You keep flatland alive! Letīs push it to next level! P.s. I am taking a part on the "new style" competition as well. I have some good ideas which will take some time to produce once I have something to show I will post it up here.
Martti

Martti,

I have footage of Cory Strat doing Cliffhanger 180 Kick Flips, 2 in a row. I used them in the "Mixt" bonus section. Eugene Collins does them in Crack Packers also in "Mixt"

I like your idea to push progression and motivate others, ride on.

What do you win if you complete the challenge? ha ha.

Are Death Truck Kick Flips possible? What about Bar Ride Kick Flips?

CJ
instagram.com/intrikatbmx