Author Topic: 1" bars? Anywere?  (Read 2829 times)

Prasheel

Re: 1" bars? Anywere?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:47:58 PM »
Tennis Racket tape is the best.  I have run then over my grips for awhile.  if you want thick grips, get primo wall grips and then put a layer of tennis racket tape over then.  bingo! thick grips!

I ran similar stuff to tennis racket tape, I believe it was the stuff they use on road bikes for grips...It was a bit more...Sponge like, and I LOVED it...But I found it was hard to keep it from shifting, but other then that, thats the best thing I've done comfort-wise, it was awesome.  I think I got the idea from Jeff Mci, or Mike Barret...One of the NYC guys anyways.

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 11:53:03 PM »
Primo Nate Hansen grips (which were WAY thick) on the 1" aluminum Dolans make for a pretty good feeling ride!

Offline nika

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 12:47:08 AM »
The K pro bar/stem combo had 1" griptubes. Quite tricky to come by these days though.
I totally love 1" tubes too, they feel so much better than the skinny ones.
sausages and plants and goldfish

the beard

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 01:54:17 AM »
The older Sequence aluminum bar/stem combos were 1" tubing as well.

Offline chaincranker

• Forkglider
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 03:16:11 AM »
I've got a pair of Hoffman Chocolate Bars that I will be looking to sell very soon for all of you 1" bar lovers.

Anybody interested? Name your price.
-Andy

Offline zingzing

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 08:43:54 AM »
Well I would love them but you dont want me to name my price....soooooo name ur price hehe. Are they cromed or painted also....
NorCal (kinda) Only rider in Hollister :(

Offline Theory

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 05:52:07 AM »
I'm not sure if anyone has done this... I can't imagine it would cost a lot to have a steel sleeve welded onto your bars in the grip area. This way it solid, no slipping, and you get to keep bar ends and levers without finding special 1" components.