Author Topic: Starter Tricks??  (Read 4138 times)

Offline BMXingFool

Starter Tricks??
« on: July 03, 2009, 10:00:07 AM »
WooHoo!!! I finnaly got my Dk Opsis and am super excited. I love it! I was just wondering what tricks I should be trying to learn?
                                                            -Thanks

Offline Nails

• Cliffhanger
Re: Starter Tricks??
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 10:13:49 AM »
standing back flip
still learning

Offline eight

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 10:17:46 AM »
Learn the forkglide and probably peg wheelies, this will keep you entertained for a couple weeks.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 11:03:25 AM »
congrats and welcome to the world of flatland.

don't mean to be rude but you posted this in the wrong section and pls feel free to use the 'tricks' tab that u can find above.

cheers
kelvin

Offline Trickzta

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 03:24:30 PM »
don't mean to be rude but you posted this in the wrong section and pls feel free to use the 'tricks' tab that u can find above.

I would think that general flatland is where it should be posted, unless it was moved since you posted.   :huh:

Learn the forkglide and probably peg wheelies, this will keep you entertained for a couple weeks.

There you go.  ^_^

Offline dogzilla

• Funky Chicken
  • you tell me
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 09:12:01 PM »
try lawnmowers.  they're fun.

Offline brian84corvette

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 09:16:05 PM »
I got half lashes pretty quick.

they are such a fun trick to learn / do
plus there is all kinds of stuff you can learn from them.

it also teaches you rolling balance as the bike is swinging around to infront of you
wich will help some in thery when learning foward steam with no foot touching.
Old dudes can still rip

Offline b_ron

• GF Inhabitant
    • PbNation
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 05:42:57 AM »
congrats and welcome to the world of flatland.

cheers
kelvin

well its also hard to go off that since like 95% of the tricks listed are on the "beginner" section
so he was just asking where to start

reasonable question imo

also tj has a thread if you need help. its stickied on top
Signing out...

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:25 PM »

I would think that general flatland is where it should be posted, unless it was moved since you posted.   :huh:

There you go.  ^_^

i think the thread was orginally posted in the "parts and bike " section. thanks for moving it to the right section. any ways, if you have front brakes, squeakers - easy, safe, helps you to pick up the 'tempo' of scuffing, from there you could learn backwards hang 5, frontyard, infinity rolls etc.

all the best and welcome 2 globalflat
kelvin

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 04:57:22 PM »

There you go.  ^_^

i think the thread was orginally posted in the "parts and bike " section. thanks for moving it to the right section. any ways, if you have front brakes, squeakers - easy, safe, helps you to pick up the 'tempo' of scuffing, from there you could learn backwards hang 5, frontyard, infinity rolls etc.

all the best and welcome 2 globalflat
kelvin

Yes, it was in parts n bikes, and K.Wong noticed it was in da wong section so I put it in the right section.  :beer:

Offline flatlandrider13

• Forkglider
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 12:44:24 AM »
i agree with fork glides and peg wheelies.  maybe tailwhips and trackstands.  but really just whatever u find cool and will put the time in to learn. hope i helped