Author Topic: Flat Friday #21 by Effraim  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Flat Friday #21 by Effraim
« on: June 26, 2009, 05:40:36 PM »
aresbykesamerica - Monolithic Voodoo jam 2009 teaser, Limited Voodoo jam 09 t-shirts available…

http://flatmattersonline.blogspot.com" target="_blank">flatmattersonline - World BMX Battle, Effraim Bike check, Pioneers: Dennis McCoy + Kevin Jones, exclusive Moto Sasaki interview, Worlds 1999..

Vids vids vids: Another Lyon Bonus on agoride.
Terry Adams
at Myth Nightclub.
Mates Tucek edit Small | Large
York jam 2009 edit
on vimeo.

Two video from Chad:
Hollywood Jam 13 (Televised) Small | Large
and
Nosie Whopper clip Small | Large
New video of David Hoffmann from Germany with a bunch of
cool short tricks Small | Large
R.I.P MJ

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
Re: Flat Friday #21 by Effraim
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
Everyone should check out the vids of McCoy and KJ.  Roots. 

Effraim...if you read this.  Thanks for posting all the old stuff on your site.  It's good to know the roots. 

The video of McCoy brought back so many memories.  I was at that AFA contest in Austin in 1988.  McCoy took first in pro.  You asked about his music.  He rode to Run DMC, and the second part was Metallica.  He was also very fond of Minor Threat...and rode to them some.  He rode with such speed and intensity, and it was very "electrifying" to the crowd. The crowd was HYPED!  Rick Moliterno was also very POWERFUL at this contest.  Intensity, is the word. 

As another side note.  This contest is when Kevin Jones unleashed the dump truck and death truck upon the world.  Flat has never been the same since.   
"A puppet no more!"

Offline jffe

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 07:10:22 PM »
Everyone should check out the vids of McCoy and KJ.  Roots. 

I posted links to those and a dozen others like 6+ months ago when Kurt fist posted them on yootoob. He's moved on to Vimeo since then, so look for more old skool/AFA comp runs there if/when he posts more.

jffe

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »
Yeah, I follow Krt's blog too.  It's good to see Krt riding again.  He was such a badas* in the day.
"A puppet no more!"

quad_simmons

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 08:12:53 PM »
Good lord Stereo Panda
could you just wait until MJ's body got cold
before trying to capitalize on his death :angry:

classy
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:15:57 PM by quad_simmons »

Offline TheBodenseeler

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 08:21:53 PM »
yeah...think so too....that shirt sucks!
Snowsuit Up!!!!

Offline effraim

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »
I really don't know where to start on this one, but in reply to jffes post, I was not trying to gain any credit at all for posting Dennis mccoys and Kevin jones runs from 88, hence why I credited and posted link to kurts site. I'm merely making people aware of their riding roots. I grew up watching the whole Austin Texas tape 20 years ago, carlo griggs who rode in that contest gave me a copy, I think I watched this tape so much it's worn out. I'm not on any kind of contest of who put up what first, I'm focussed on trying to cover all aspects of flatland whether old or new.
I've actually had a lot of people ask to post old school stuff on the blog, why does something so positive bring such a negative remark.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:55:46 PM by effraim »

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:13:50 PM »
the david hoffman vid cool trix side b , is hilarious

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 12:39:20 AM »
I really don't know where to start on this one, but in reply to jffes post, I was not trying to gain any credit at all for posting Dennis mccoys and Kevin jones runs from 88, hence why I credited and posted link to kurts site. I'm merely making people aware of their riding roots. I grew up watching the whole Austin Texas tape 20 years ago, carlo griggs who rode in that contest gave me a copy, I think I watched this tape so much it's worn out. I'm not on any kind of contest of who put up what first, I'm focussed on trying to cover all aspects of flatland whether old or new.
I've actually had a lot of people ask to post old school stuff on the blog, why does something so positive bring such a negative remark.

Effraim,

I think he was referring to my comment about the posts.  I hope you read mine too...as I LOVE that both you and Krt post old stuff.  Thanks for covering both old and new, as it is important that everyone sees the roots in flatland bmx.  I must admit, being an "old schooler" myself, I get a bit nostalgic seeing these old videos.  Especially the Austin Texas Masters...as I remember those days and the intensity of the riding, and the MASSIVE rider counts, and spectators in the stands.  It's hard to describe. 

Don't worry about reposts...people repost stuff all the time, and it's better to repost something, then to NOT POST.  So thanks...please keep all of your coverage coming!
"A puppet no more!"