Author Topic: Flat Friday #20 by Effraim  (Read 3658 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Flat Friday #20 by Effraim
« on: June 19, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
We have been spoilt this week with video edits…Where to start??
Epic Sam Foakes edit:
www.vimeo.com/5154850

Dez Maarsen edit on lostbmx.com
Hiroya Morizaki edit:
www.vimeo.com/5090134

Pete Brandt link on
youtube Small | Large
Comin’in Lyon edit 2 on agoride.

Alain Massabova (editor of cream) interview on fanzinebmx.com (scroll down a bit for the english version)

flatmattersonline - Exclusives not only with Sam Foakes, but Keisuke Tanigawa, Albert Retey World Champion 1993. Worlds contenders. Special Awareness 95.

What happened to flatland coverage in the media?

katobmx

Re: Flat Friday #20 by Effraim
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 07:40:57 PM »
I'm throughly confused by Alain's last statement

I work for bmx since 15 years and I going to stop soon. I'm happy for Cream, the Flatring and the Flatkings book, but now I can't do more. I think the flatland have no future. The flatlanders ride for contest only and not for fun, it sucks. If the mentality don't change, the flatland will be dead soon....

:huh:

p.s alain isnt related to manu (cuzs manus awsome haha)

quad_simmons

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »

Major drama going on right here
at least he's not bullsh*tn' around

VVV

Who rides with you?
I rode with Raphael Chiquet but now he is busy (and he's no more my friend) and I don't like to ride alone then I don't ride. I like to ride with the japan riders, it's my style of riding.

Are you sponsored? What company?
No more. I don't ride enough to be sponsored even I'm always in the event, I don't want to ride for something. I had lot of sponsor when I was pro but I was very fake. I want to ride for fun not for money, I'm free ! And I was fired from Koxx for nothing, this f*cking company don't respect the riders and it's why don't want ride anymore...

katobmx

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 11:51:17 PM »
sh*t he says makes me not wanna be pro. :huh:.I had no idea they fired him.Hes the one that put ABT together whats up with that.atleast he told it like it is.We need TMZ to expose ABT  ^_^

TJ Perry

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 01:04:35 AM »
From what I understand, something very big that was taken very personal went down, and it's better we know less about it since it's not our business to begin with. Just let sleeping dogs lie.

monkeyflat

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 04:23:05 AM »
From what I understand, something very big that was taken very personal went down, and it's better we know less about it since it's not our business to begin with. Just let sleeping dogs lie.

hahaha....omg...how can someone read that and not become even more curious about this....haha...especially after the 4th place incident.......this is all i got man...i dont know sh*t about celebrities or tabloids....i dont even know what a jonas brother is.......

well anyways....he must have brought it up in the interview for a reason....haha... alain - if youre reading this...PM me the story....or publish it in the next cream...haha...sorry if this reply is extremely insensitive....

peace

Offline Lurtz uruk

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 05:07:02 AM »
i just dont pay attention to drama and just the riding lol  ;D

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 01:27:31 PM »
I agree with alot of what he says but saying he doesnt like to ride alone so he wont ride is f*cking weak.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline DennyPhiL

• Cliffhanger
  • Goodbye Flatland, hello Freestyle.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »
I agree with alot of what he says but saying he doesnt like to ride alone so he wont ride is f*cking weak.

HIS
Kuoppa Gomez Bikes

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 06:46:40 PM »

+1

On a positive note: HIRO IS AMAZING!!!  Probably one of my favs in the game today!

Offline leeroy002

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 01:30:39 AM »
sounds like alain been fired cos hes not one of the badthing partyboys , but hes a family man and he gave us the best print magazine